Difference between a Penthouse Suite & a Vista Suite

slomotion

Last year we stayed in a Vista suite on the Golden, this year we took the Owner's Suite on the Star.

Were now looking at a Penthouse or Vista on the Grand for next year and cannot see any difference between them for the money except the location.

And the Vista, while less money seems to be a bit larger (Vista being 484-527 sq feet & the Penthouse being 468-473 sq feet)

Anyone have any information?

Edited by slomotion

The only way to go in my mind. Think you pay more for the penthouse based on what some consider a better location. We are dedicated aft cruisers and will only stay in vistas. No vista then it's another cruise. We currently have 4 booked. 3 on the Golden and one on the Diamond

The only way to go in my mind. Think you pay more for the penthouse based on what some consider a better location. We are dedicated aft cruisers and will only stay in vistas. No vista then it's another cruise. We currently have 4 booked. 3 on the Golden and one on the Diamond

We prefer Ruby/Crown/Emerald and stick with Aft Penthouse Suites. But it does vary by ship.

Last year we stayed in a Vista suite on the Golden, this year we took the Owner's Suite on the Star.

Were now looking at a Penthouse or Vista on the Grand for next year and cannot see any difference between them for the money except the location.

And the Vista, while less money seems to be a bit larger (Vista being 484-527 sq feet & the Penthouse being 468-473 sq feet)

Anyone have any information?

8587740082_0b5fecd605.jpg

8586640161_bd114138b8.jpg

The larger size of the Vistas is most likely due to the fact that some of their balconies are larger. The above pic's are from our Dolphin Vista on the Sapphire. While the Sapphire is bigger than the Grand class ships, I believe the Dolphin Vistas are bigger on the Grand class as well. The beam for us was not an issue.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Loved the Vista suites on the Star and the Golden. The Vista suites should be similar on the Grand.

Book it!

Thanks for the great pictures' date=' Woobstr.[/quote']

Happy to be of service:). We have a Dolphin Vista booked for our Grand cruise to Hawaii.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, I think we're booked on the same cruise to Hawaii... March 2015. It's way out there but planning and anticipating is such fun!

We haven't done this cruise and normally have a Caribe balcony. I'm thinking I should check with our TA on these Vista suites now that I'm reading this thread!

Marilyn

PH suites and vistA suites have the same basic layout. PH is wider. The difference in balcony size will vary ship by ship, and of course deck and location.

In aft PH ON Sapphire, we could actually utilize sitting area without encroaching on sleeping area. On vista, the bed area was much closer.

I don't see a lot of difference between the two. The thing that is surprising is that the Vista is larger and $500 less than the Penthouse on the Grand.

Decisions, Decisions!

I don't think the Owner's suite is worth the extra $1,000 per person, but the Penthouse might be worth the extra $500.

I need to make up my mind!

Bob, I think we're booked on the same cruise to Hawaii... March 2015. It's way out there but planning and anticipating is such fun!

We haven't done this cruise and normally have a Caribe balcony. I'm thinking I should check with our TA on these Vista suites now that I'm reading this thread!

Marilyn

Marilyn;

D737 along with E732/733 still show, on the Princess website, as available. Snag D737 if it's still available when you talk to your T/A. It has a somewhat wider balcony. I have D736. You won't regret it. Aft view cruises in a Vista are the best.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Hey Slomotion, this is RetiredNTraveling. I hope that you don't mind my using your "Bye-line". It fit us to a tea! As I am spending more $$ than we should on cruising.

As for suites, well, we have had the opportunity to upgrade to suites on each of the last 3 cruises and guess what..........we are spoiled! The closest we have been to an aft suite is on the Golden up on the Sun Deck PH's last March 27. I think we will consider a stern suite on our next cruise to Hawaii in 2015!

Woobstr112G

Bob, thanks for the pictures as they answer a lot of questions about the beam!

Mare10

Wasn't the Can/NE cruise good? Why don't you start a Roll Call for the March 4, 2015 Hawaii Cruise? Even though we were planning on the Feb 2, 2015 cruise we might be pursuaded to change to 3-4-15~!

Hey Slomotion, this is RetiredNTraveling. I hope that you don't mind my using your "Bye-line". It fit us to a tea! As I am spending more $$ than we should on cruising.

As for suites, well, we have had the opportunity to upgrade to suites on each of the last 3 cruises and guess what..........we are spoiled! The closest we have been to an aft suite is on the Golden up on the Sun Deck PH's last March 27. I think we will consider a stern suite on our next cruise to Hawaii in 2015!

Hey RNT, don;t just "consider" a stern suite do it.

#1 Unlike port or starboard suites thee is very little wind as you are crossing the Pacific, unless there is a storm.

#2 Sitting on your balcony watching the wake is mesmerizing.

#3 Having a room service lunch on the balcony (absent the wind) is almost decadent, and at the least is really great.

#4 Having the UBD on the night after leaving Maui is decadent.

Marilyn;

D737 along with E732/733 still show, on the Princess website, as available. Snag D737 if it's still available when you talk to your T/A. It has a somewhat wider balcony. I have D736. You won't regret it. Aft view cruises in a Vista are the best.....:):):)

Bob

another vote for Vista Suites. We've had E733 and D736. Yes, Dolphin deck is preferable due to the extra depth

#1 Unlike port or starboard suites thee is very little wind as you are crossing the Pacific, unless there is a storm.

#3 Having a room service lunch on the balcony (absent the wind) is almost decadent, and at the least is really great.

Definitely right that the wake is mesmerizing:)

Room service breakfast is also wonderful, while gazing out at Tracy Arm:)

Another Alaska morning they will have the "Alaska Scrambler", which includes salmon. What a breakfast!

Hello Slomotion,

Having had nearly all suites on Princess Ships, another one who spends too much $$ on the room.

The PH basically gets you a desk in the entry and a little deeper balcony, the wake is a noisier.

Personally I prefer Vista suites or GS suites. Beam was not an issue at all, the view, and the sound of the wake was amazing. We could see dolphins/whales better when higher up (easier to spot). You will not be disappointed and I hope you got a Dolphin aft! Enjoy the suite life.

Seadeck2

Woobstr112G

Bob, thanks for the pictures as they answer a lot of questions about the beam!

Mare10

Wasn't the Can/NE cruise good? Why don't you start a Roll Call for the March 4, 2015 Hawaii Cruise? Even though we were planning on the Feb 2, 2015 cruise we might be pursuaded to change to 3-4-15~!

Yes RTN the Can/NE cruise was fabulous!!!!! It was fun meeting you and asking about this next cruise! Not 100% sure that March 4th will be our date even though I pre-booked. Might have to do Feb. instead... should know soon. I love CC and all the great ideas and people I meet on here!

Great Points slomotion user_offline.gif! If we had an issue with our suite to Hawaii, it was the wind some days. However, we still enjoyed sitting on the deck & watching the sea roll by. Being from Oklahoma, wind is just a minor inconvenience! :cool:

Just one question though, "We have always had starboard rooms or suites and 90+ % of the time the dock views are spectacular. I wouldn't want to miss those view. Any comments? :confused:

Thanks for the response and calm cruising!

Yes RTN the Can/NE cruise was fabulous!!!!! It was fun meeting you and asking about this next cruise! Not 100% sure that March 4th will be our date even though I pre-booked. Might have to do Feb. instead... should know soon. I love CC and all the great ideas and people I meet on here!

Mare10 user_online.gif Nice to meet you and everyone at the CC Get-together! Since we are retired, dates are just ways of keeping track until the next cruise! ;) Not sure when, but sometime in 2015, either Feb or Mar should be our next outing. :confused:

Great Points slomotion user_offline.gif! If we had an issue with our suite to Hawaii, it was the wind some days. However, we still enjoyed sitting on the deck & watching the sea roll by. Being from Oklahoma, wind is just a minor inconvenience! :cool:

Just one question though, "We have always had starboard rooms or suites and 90+ % of the time the dock views are spectacular. I wouldn't want to miss those view. Any comments? :confused:

Thanks for the response and calm cruising!

Starboard side views, when cruising into Honolulu, and when cruising into Hilo, are absolutely spectacular!

This takes place early, however. On the other hand, due to the time zone changes, it is easy to be up early. It happens naturally. So, really do consider these wonderful views.

Aloha :)

I should have also said that for me, starboard side included a great view of the Aloha Tower and associated skyline, when docked in Honolulu. In Kauai, there was a great view of the Ocean Princess, which was also there at that time. In Maui, we are anchored, rather than docked, so the view is great from all sides there. In Maui, from December thru March, you even see whales, many times, from your balcony. Totally, absolutely, awesome.

Aloha :)