carnival liberty

flislandgirl

Does having a late dinner seating (8:15) interfere with the evening shows. I was told dinner runs late and shows are missed. Is it hard to seat 6 at anytime dining. Is the silver Olympian better than the gold Olympian ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic flislandgirl:)

Don't forget to join your roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

Not necessarily specific to CCL, but in general with most of the cruise lines with set dining times, the shows are usually timed with those seatings as follows:

The early seating goes to a late show, typically scheduled during the late seating time slot - and the late seating goes to an early show, typically scheduled during the early dining time slot. In this manner they are planned and coordinated so that each set seating has a show time that will not conflict with their dining time.

If you are planning a My Time or other similar open dining option, you just need to coordinate your reservations to fit the times offered for the shows you wish to see.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

WE are Diamond on Carnival- 305 days on Carnival. Don't remember ever missing a show because we ALWAYS eat at 8:15. Shows are at 7pm or 10:30pm. Yes there may be a game we miss but you can always see these on your TV in your cabin.

We have tried the 6:15 dinner but it isn't for us- too early to eat and the night is longer.

Once we got a phone call about upgrading, I said no. Then I called our Carnival TA (works for Carnival) and she got us the up grade for exactly half of what the phone call offered! So, we took it!

Edited by Bonnie J.

WE are Diamond on Carnival- 305 days on Carnival. Don't remember ever missing a show because we ALWAYS eat at 8:15. Shows are at 7pm or 10:30pm. Yes there may be a game we miss but you can always see these on your TV in your cabin.

We have tried the 6:15 dinner but it isn't for us- too early to eat and the night is longer.

Once we got a phone call about upgrading, I said no. Then I called our Carnival TA (works for Carnival) and she got us the up grade for exactly half of what the phone call

offered! So, we took it!

After your 305 days Carnival must have changed because I was on the Liberty last week and only 1 show was at 7:00 and 10:30. All the rest were after dinner -- the late seating shows were at 10:30. We would not have missed any of the shows if we had wanted to go.