Suite Cabana in Labadee

chellebells

I received a bit of a "vague" response, in fact the question was not really answered. The Concierge reiterated that yes, OTW cabana 2 is reserved for us, and more details will be available when we board..... I am assuming that last line was in response to my question about bringing a guest to our cabana. It was not an outright no, so now I am super confused?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fallback position in such a situation, Robyn, is to just go ahead as though everything is fine. Assume that all of your guests will be welcome in your cabana, and just show up with them.

:D

Robyn, please let me know what course of action you take and how it works out.

Thank you!

Oh and you have my favorite cabana, OW2 is the one we were engaged in :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Edited by chellebells
darned autocorrect!

My fallback position in such a situation, Robyn, is to just go ahead as though everything is fine. Assume that all of your guests will be welcome in your cabana, and just show up with them.

:D

Yes, I think this is exactly what we will do. :)

Robyn, please let me know what course of action you take and how it works out.

Thank you!

Oh and you have my favorite cabana, OW2 is the one we were engaged in :)

Aaaaaaw! That's sweet :) I will think of that for sure!!!

I see you are on the sailing following our 9 night. We will keep the ship in good shape for you!!!

Aaaaaaw! That's sweet :) I will think of that for sure!!!

I see you are on the sailing following our 9 night. We will keep the ship in good shape for you!!!

Thanks Robin! I'm in the exact same position as Michelle, so I appreciate it too. :) Have a wonderful trip!

Please do. This sounds like total nonsense on Royal Caribbean's part, because the cabanas are NOT only for Suite and Pinnacle guests. If there are any available, ANYONE can book one. So, once you have a non-suite/pinnacle renter, how can you then say that this "ineligible" person cannot have the guests of his non-suite/pinnacle choice?

:confused: :eek: :p

That's exactly what I thought, Carol! We've been offered a cabana on Barefoot many times. We will have this situation in just a few weeks, so anxiously waiting to hear how it goes with others.

Ok....so I want to ask for the first OTW to the left as you are facing the water. What number is that? A few of us have to have our chairs in the shade and I think there might be more shade there. Actually we should probably get one further back to have that shade, but there's just something about those Over the Water cabanas! We'll see if we are able to get anything.

Our friends are in an Owner's Suite. We are sailing Dec. 7th. Should they have heard from the Concierge by now? Do you think she should try to e-mail him now? I know that the current Concierge will not be on board on the 7th. Our Concierge comes back on board the 23rd. I'm just scared we are going to miss out.

Our friends are in an Owner's Suite. We are sailing Dec. 7th. Should they have heard from the Concierge by now? Do you think she should try to e-mail him now? I know that the current Concierge will not be on board on the 7th. Our Concierge comes back on board the 23rd. I'm just scared we are going to miss out.[/size][/font]

Our experience and direct feedback from the Concierges on Freedom (Amit and Willie at the time) is that they start working the following weeks cruise guests as they are taking care of the current guests on board. They say that they usually only have time to work a week ahead. Maybe not the same on all ships ;)

Ok....so I want to ask for the first OTW to the left as you are facing the water. What number is that? A few of us have to have our chairs in the shade and I think there might be more shade there. Actually we should probably get one further back to have that shade' date=' but there's just something about those Over the Water cabanas! We'll see if we are able to get [u']anything.[/u]

Our friends are in an Owner's Suite. We are sailing Dec. 7th. Should they have heard from the Concierge by now? Do you think she should try to e-mail him now? I know that the current Concierge will not be on board on the 7th. Our Concierge comes back on board the 23rd. I'm just scared we are going to miss out.

If you are facing the water - the first OTW Cabana on the left is W3 - it shares a ramp with W4

If I remember correctly, the only shade will be inside the cabana

If you are facing the water - the first OTW Cabana on the left is W3 - it shares a ramp with W4

If I remember correctly, the only shade will be inside the cabana

Thanks! Early in the day, there is shade over there, but it's not there al day. The ones further back have a lot of shade.

I'll let my friend know to go ahead and e-mail the Concierge and see what happens.

I have an over the water cabana booked on the suite beach for my upcoming cruise this week on the Explorer. I have emailed the Concierge as we are planning on inviting one guest who is not in a suite, to share it with us. I will let you know once I receive a response.

I received a positive response that our friends will be able to join us, this was just last week, they are not in a suite but they are diamond plus, and there will only be four of us, so maybe that had something to do with it.

We are on the 11/14 Explorer cruise.

I am bringing the email with us just in case there is an issue.

I received a positive response that our friends will be able to join us, this was just last week, they are not in a suite but they are diamond plus, and there will only be four of us, so maybe that had something to do with it.

We are on the 11/14 Explorer cruise.

I am bringing the email with us just in case there is an issue.

Well.....that's good to hear.

I had my Owner's Suite friend e-mail the Concierge on Indy last night.....but.....her e-mail went to the Concierge on the Celebrity Infinity instead...:rolleyes:...We used IN instead of ID!! The Infinity Concierge immediately e-mailed back letting us know of our mistake!! LOL!! I think we got it sorted out and the e-mail to the right place. We'll see if we get a response.

Since there are so many interested, I will post from the ship on Thursday or Friday with a definitive answer. Can't leave ya'll hanging!!!!

Hope you are having a great cruise! Were you able to enjoy your cabana with your non-suite guests?

• 3 weeks later...

We cruise in 97 days - likely too early to email the concierge?

But, I did anyways, I'll see if I get a response.

I looked at a video of the Barefoot beach area, and the beach cabanas do not look at all interesting to me - too "open".

I currently have a OTW at Nellies booked, but when I switched my cabin to a GS, I kept my Nellies OTW reservation, just in case I cannot get a barefoot OTW.

But, just to clarify, I would like a barefoot OTW cabana, and I understand there are 4. If I want one of the the ones to the extreme sides of the beach, I want either W1 (closest to the pier), or W4(farthest from the pier). So I have my cabana numbers correct?

Thanks in advance

I would email the concierge now because if there is more than one ship in port that day the over the water cabana will go quick.

As of this week there are only 6 OWs available for rent as the last two, 7 and 8 were damaged in a hurricane. You are correct that OW1 is closest to the pier. 1 through 4 are on one side of the beach then 5 and 6 on the other. We just had 5 and loved it. Honestly any of them are perfect!

Hope you enjoy them as much as we always do!

I would email the concierge now because if there is more than one ship in port that day the over the water cabana will go quick.

As of this week there are only 6 OWs available for rent as the last two, 7 and 8 were damaged in a hurricane. You are correct that OW1 is closest to the pier. 1 through 4 are on one side of the beach then 5 and 6 on the other. We just had 5 and loved it. Honestly any of them are perfect!

Hope you enjoy them as much as we always do!

There are 6 OTW in Barefoot? Argh.. I thought only 4. Anyone know of any good pics showing all 6 in one shot?