Suite Cabana in Labadee

chellebells

Last time I rented a cabana in Labadee I was able to bring friends who were not staying in a suite to enjoy it with us.

I received an email from my concierge stating that non suite guests are no longer allowed to share the cabana.

Can anyone who has been there recently confirm this change in policy?

Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Last time I rented a cabana in Labadee I was able to bring friends who were not staying in a suite to enjoy it with us.

I received an email from my concierge stating that non suite guests are no longer allowed to share the cabana.

Thank you

WOW

Your posting is the first of hearing of this.

Oh my........

I wonder what other changes are occuring.

Sea Ya

Thank you

Wow. That's a bit harsh isn't it? :confused:

Thank you

Did you reply back and ask why? There must be some reason for it.

Here is the email

Dear Michelle,

unfortunately OW2 is booked however with pleasure I can book another Over the water Cabana for your Day in Labadee, I still have only one left and I blocked for you already.

I'm terribly sorry to know that you would like to have friends with you, the Barefoot beach club is made exclusively for the suite guest therefore please note that the Barefoot beach and the Cabanas are available ONLY for suite / Pinnacle guests .

Kind Regards,

Nizar Laatiri

Suite Concierge

Explorer of the Seas

Office # 3239 / Dect # 8903

Since this seems to come as a surprise to all of us, let's hope maybe this concierge is misinformed? :)

When did you get this email, we booked a cabana for our trip to Labadee and

asked the same question, our reply was that we could bring another couple that we're not in a suite, same Concierge.

I received that email yesterday :(

It sounds as though they have gone back to the original purpose of "suite beach" for upgraded buffet as well as only gold card entry.

It was too crowded and not monitored well as anyone could gain entry and often tried to stay in that zone after the buffet.

Well, this is disappointing. We have had a cabana reserved since July, so we could spend the day with my parents. This also seems to differ from what they have listed on the website for Barefoot Beach:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_labadee_barefoot_beach&pagenameMain=labadee&discriminators=3

"The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas are located on our private island destination of Labadee®. This exclusive beach, available only to top suite* guests and those guests renting cabanas, offers VIP service and amenities to enhance the cruise vacation experience of these valued guests. Reservations can be made onboard through the Concierge."

"Those guests renting cabanas" makes the rules a bit unclear...

I suppose it is their decision, but I wouldn't rent one if we couldn't have our friends or family join us, up to the allotted number of six people.

My mistake, the 4-5 people. And you're right...they are sort of vague about who those guests might be, that are allowed.

Well, this is disappointing. We have had a cabana reserved since July, so we could spend the day with my parents. This also seems to differ from what they have listed on the website for Barefoot Beach:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_labadee_barefoot_beach&pagenameMain=labadee&discriminators=3

"The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas are located on our private island destination of Labadee®. This exclusive beach, available only to top suite* guests and those guests renting cabanas, offers VIP service and amenities to enhance the cruise vacation experience of these valued guests. Reservations can be made onboard through the Concierge."

"Those guests renting cabanas" makes the rules a bit unclear...

Edited by Coralc

We received word from the concierge this week, that our cabana on Barefoot Beach had been reserved. In the e-mail he states: " kindly confirm the Number of guests using the cabana AND THE SUITE NUMBERS INVOLVED" (capital letters mine). However, in a later e-mail, he says: " the cabana holds up to 6 people who will need a wristband in order to access the Barefoot Beach" If the beach were only open to those with gold cards, why would they need a wrist band? Does everyone in a suite need a wristband at the beach?

We received word from the concierge this week, that our cabana on Barefoot Beach had been reserved. In the e-mail he states: " kindly confirm the Number of guests using the cabana AND THE SUITE NUMBERS INVOLVED" (capital letters mine). However, in a later e-mail, he says: " the cabana holds up to 6 people who will need a wristband in order to access the Barefoot Beach" If the beach were only open to those with gold cards, why would they need a wrist band? Does everyone in a suite need a wristband at the beach?

Yes

I was just in Labadee this past Tuesday. I didn't have a suite but I did book a cabana at Nellie's Beach which included access to the buffet at Barefoot.

We got a ride on a golf cart, then when we checked in with the head cabana guy the driver was given four gold wristbands (one for each of us) that said "CABANAS VIP". There was a uniformed security guard at the entrance to Barefoot and she needed to see that each of us had a wristband before we were allowed to enter.

We have been to barefoot beach on all of our RCI cruises.

The last 3 was when barefoot beach became a suite beach.

When we arrived to check in they checked our sea pass card and issued us a wrist band for the beach and buffet.

We never booked a cabana, because for us we would never be there long enough to enjoy, we are busy on the island swimming, jet skis, volleyball, eating shopping. The attendant told us the reason for the wristband is so we dont have to dig out our sea pass card every time. They just look at the band.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

I have an over the water cabana booked on the suite beach for my upcoming cruise this week on the Explorer. I have emailed the Concierge as we are planning on inviting one guest who is not in a suite, to share it with us. I will let you know once I receive a response.

I have an over the water cabana booked on the suite beach for my upcoming cruise this week on the Explorer. I have emailed the Concierge as we are planning on inviting one guest who is not in a suite, to share it with us. I will let you know once I receive a response.

Thanks but if I may ask you a few questions.

1. When did you book your cabana.

also

2. When did you correspond and get your confimation.

I am curious to see when some of these other new changes as mentioned above will start happening.

Sea Ya

Safe travels.

Post alot of scoop when you return....interested in what you do on Labadee.

Very disappointing. Some cruises my husband and I are the only ones in a suite - if we are traveling with non suite friends we like to have them with us in the cabana and have been allowed in the past. If this is the new rule, we would not be renting and stay with our friends instead. $200 for the cabana isn't worth it to us for just the 2 of us.

Thanks but if I may ask you a few questions.

1. When did you book your cabana.

also

2. When did you correspond and get your confimation.

I am curious to see when some of these other new changes as mentioned above will start happening.

Sea Ya

Safe travels.

Post alot of scoop when you return....interested in what you do on Labadee.

We booked our cabana about 2 months ago. I sent an email to the Concierge this evening inquiring about inviting a guest to our cabana.

Please do. This sounds like total nonsense on Royal Caribbean's part, because the cabanas are NOT only for Suite and Pinnacle guests. If there are any available, ANYONE can book one. So, once you have a non-suite/pinnacle renter, how can you then say that this "ineligible" person cannot have the guests of his non-suite/pinnacle choice?

:confused: :eek: :p

I received a bit of a "vague" response, in fact the question was not really answered. The Concierge reiterated that yes, OTW cabana 2 is reserved for us, and more details will be available when we board..... I am assuming that last line was in response to my question about bringing a guest to our cabana. It was not an outright no, so now I am super confused?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk