C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

I really like the ability to purchase for each individual!

And since I posted my responses I talked to my husband about all the beverage choices and he says why not just get the one that includes all the fun non alcoholic bevs? His budget for this cruise is higher than I had anticipated haha. SO glad I asked him!

Carrie, I know you are new to CC, I don't know if this is your first cruise, but, I wanted to make sure you knew you can get iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch, flavored water, coffee, tea , milk, etc free. I don't want you thinking you HAVE to buy everything you drink. Sorry if you already knew this. :)

How long pre-squeezed? Seldom more than an hour or two before at big meal times. Some accommodation for prep work is to be expected, but the principle gets followed; they're not squeezing it in a commissary in Miami and bringing it aboard in cartons instead of actual oranges and calling it fresh that way. :D

Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know.

I can't figure out how to quote your response but thank you for that info I actually did NOT know that!!!! We have never cruised and I am still gathering information!! That is very helpful to know!!!

Look at the bottom of the post's rectangular box. On the right. See the button that says QUOTE? Click on that, instead of the REPLY button, and you will get the reply box with that post quoted in it.

:)

I can't figure out how to quote your response but thank you for that info I actually did NOT know that!!!! We have never cruised and I am still gathering information!! That is very helpful to know!!!

OMG, I'm so glad I posted, then. I hesitated because I thought you might snap at me that you knew that already. :o So, I looked at your other posts (you can do that by clicking on someone's name and going to their statistics) and I see you are going on the Enchantment and you are the girl with the 3/4 length sleeves! I didn't recognize the name! The Ench is a very nice choice for a first cruise, not as many bells and whistles as the bigger ships, but, just right for a first cruise. I'm on her sister ship, the Grandeur in 3 weeks and I'll be posting a review with lots of pics. :)

Last cruise I was on in April I brought a note from my husbands doctor and they allowed only me to purchase the drink package, he is a recent kidney transplant receipant and can only drink water and limited diet soda... no liquor at all due to his medications and kidney function. He can not drink the ship water because of his lower immunity so we used to buy bottles of water for him, he does not like Evian water and he hates diet coke and diet sprite so next cruise I am going to try and bring diet Pepsi and bottle water on for him. I will not be able to bring a doctors note this time because this cruise is a surprise Christmas present for him (we sail Dec29) and I can not ask his doctor for a note without him finding out about the cruise. I'm hoping without the note I can purchase a package for just me, if I can't it's not a big deal. I love that they have now included coffee.

I just called in, here are some details.

• Premium package stays largely the same, with the addition of half-liter water bottles.
  • Classic is $5 cheaper. Does not include water bottles.
  • New $20 "Replenish" has premium coffee and tea, bottled water (still and sparkling), soda, virgin drinks, OJ
  • New Ultimate package at $65 is Premium+Replenish
  • Coke freestyle machine now open for all packages
  • Old soda package is the same.
  • Can be purchased up the the 4th-to-last day onboard (pro-rated)
  • Items costing in excess of the package terms have the covered amount discounted (e.g. package covers cocktails up to $10, you buy a $12 drink, you pay $2)
  • All can be purchased singly, no need for all adults to buy

I'm pretty sure this will not included fresh squeezed OJ that they do in Windjammer. It will be the OJ you get at the bars. That's all I could get with my premium package in April. It stated juice but when I tried to get the fresh squeezed I was told that fresh squeezed juice is not included but the juice at the bars only.

Although the new package specifies "specialty coffee", I'm certain that does not include Starbucks.

Yes, I wondered that about Starbucks too. What are the specialty coffees like eg cappuccino in restaurants? And other than Starbucks can you get take away Capps etc?? I'm just thinking I'd like a 'heart starter' first up in my room before I face the outside world too much.

Carrie, I know you are new to CC, I don't know if this is your first cruise, but, I wanted to make sure you knew you can get iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch, flavored water, coffee, tea , milk, etc free. I don't want you thinking you HAVE to buy everything you drink. Sorry if you already knew this. :)

Being an Aussie can I ask what fruit punch and flavoured water are? I know, probably a really silly question...the lemonade thing I know ...it's what we call cordial.

Jenny

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is cheaper to buy the package before you leave.

I assume the price goes up if you buy on the ship.

Thanks

If you are cruising in Europe and the chip never leaves the EU, then I believe that by pre ordering you avoid paying the VAT (value added tax). You WILL have to pay it in a fully EU cruise if you buy onboard. It can add up on these packages.

Same price before or on the ship.

Celebrity did change that recently and the packages are 5 USD more when you buy them onboard. As the new RCI packages are now pretty similar to those on Celebrity (including that not everyone in a cabin has to buy the package) RCI might change that too and charge more onboard.

I´m also still wondering about the specialty coffees. On the Splendour Cafe Lattetudes did sell Starbucks only. Same on the Navigator for the Cafe Promenade (no other specialty coffees).

So maybe you only get them for meals in the MDR and at all other bars (which do have a coffee machine).

steamboats

I think because I have the iPhone app I don't have the same options to quote maybe? I don't see what you are talking About with a box.

I am actually not doing enchantment we were scheduled last September but had to cancel. We are still deciding which cruise but it will be dependent on what kind of deal we can get last minute. We are looking at Liberty of the seas.

I know this is not the place to have this conversation but I read somewhere the private messaging doesn't work.

Thanks!

I think because I have the iPhone app I don't have the same options to quote maybe? I don't see what you are talking About with a box.

I am actually not doing enchantment we were scheduled last September but had to cancel. We are still deciding which cruise but it will be dependent on what kind of deal we can get last minute. We are looking at Liberty of the seas.

I know this is not the place to have this conversation but I read somewhere the private messaging doesn't work.

Thanks!

I'm on the iPhone app too and only just learnt how to quote.

Press once on the persons comment you wish to quote or reply to and a couple of different options will appear.

:)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm pretty sure this will not included fresh squeezed OJ that they do in Windjammer. It will be the OJ you get at the bars. That's all I could get with my premium package in April. It stated juice but when I tried to get the fresh squeezed I was told that fresh squeezed juice is not included but the juice at the bars only.

I am guessing it will include the fresh-squeezed, since the from concentrate is already available free. I doubt it will include the bottled juices. Either way, we will know in a few days.:)

Wondering if they will announce this formally on the 15th and upgrade their computer booking system over the weekend so that it could be booked by Monday?

They haven't fixed all the issues form their last website update, so I'm not too excited about them jumping into it again! :eek:

Although, maybe when they update the website to add the new beverage packages, they will fix the outstanding issues from the last upgrade too. One can only hope I guess! ;)

Dan.

So the $6 soda package will be gone then?

I don't need the water, juice, or coffee. I just want the soda. This really bums me out if it is $20 a day.

Although there is no definite answer for a few more days, it appears that the traditional soda plan will remain.