C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

Can anyone clarify the cost of a cosmopolitan according to the latest prices? Someone posted '13 beverage cost list a few pages back and I noticed the ultimate cosmopolitan listed at $10.50.... also noticed the peach martini over the $10 mark. As a fan of flavored martinis, I am wondering about them being available without issue on either the premium or ultimate packages.

The Ultimate cosmo is with specific "name" alcohols. Gotta be frank in that Cosmos are one of those things I get free in the D lounge so have rarely actually paid for it. But the Pomegranite cosmo and the champagne cosmo were $8.25 last April (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p2zfnz97jn1f78e/d_Ez599_sw) so a regular cosmo needs to be in that same ballpark.

Here is the same list again

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

With regards to cosmos....if you order the ultimate one, it's 50 cents over the limit, so it'll cost you that much extra. There are other cosmos listed that are 8.00, 8.25 and 9.00, made with lesser quality ingredients, so the cost is lower and will fit under the 10.00 limit.

The same holds true with the Martini list....the Ultimate is 10.25, while there are others listed at 9.50, 9.25, 9.00, 8.25 and many flavored ones @ 8.00. Once again, it all comes down to the ingredients....better alcohol equals slightly higher price.

Can anyone clarify the cost of a cosmopolitan according to the latest prices? Someone posted '13 beverage cost list a few pages back and I noticed the ultimate cosmopolitan listed at $10.50.... also noticed the peach martini over the $10 mark. As a fan of flavored martinis, I am wondering about them being available without issue on either the premium or ultimate packages.

The other posts are correct, you can get a Cosmo for less money that the "Ultimate" version. Same with other drinks, such as a Margarita. We have found if we just ask for a Cosmo, you will likely get the Ultimate. So instead we ask for the "house" cosmo, which usually gets you the least expensive version.

Here is the same list again

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

With regards to cosmos....if you order the ultimate one, it's 50 cents over the limit, so it'll cost you that much extra. There are other cosmos listed that are 8.00, 8.25 and 9.00, made with lesser quality ingredients, so the cost is lower and will fit under the 10.00 limit.

The same holds true with the Martini list....the Ultimate is 10.25, while there are others listed at 9.50, 9.25, 9.00, 8.25 and many flavored ones @ 8.00. Once again, it all comes down to the ingredients....better alcohol equals slightly higher price.

I don't think this price listing is accurate as of current pricing on the ships. For example, I know that RCI has Grey Goose as one of their vodkas because I've had it earlier this year. It doesn't show on this list at all. The drink menu from the Allure was posted by someone yesterday-who is now on the Allure and the prices are different. This link does not show the 2013 prices. May be 2014 prices since they are slightly higher?

Edited by nednrom

I don't think this price listing is accurate as of current pricing on the ships. For example, I know that RCI has Grey Goose as one of their vodkas because I've had it earlier this year. It doesn't show on this list at all. The drink menu from the Allure was posted by someone yesterday-who is now on the Allure and the prices are different. This link does not show the 2013 prices. May be 2014 prices since they are slightly higher?

That's not an official list. Who knows the source?

If someone posted photos of actual drink menus from the Allure right now, then you can count on those being official and current.

Just got off the phone with RCCL and was told that the Non-alcoholic coktails on the packages does not include the from Non-alcoholic drinks. They said that if you want a shirley temple or a non-alcololic bloody mary you can have that or you can get any other drink but they wont add the alcohol.

I just had a chat conversation with RCI, that way I would have written proof of the answer. After several minutes on hold, they came back and said YES it does include frozen cocktails. I am sailing in 2 weeks so I guess we will find out for sure then. I am hoping this is true.

I am having trouble posting the picture, but I do have it in writing! :D

Edited by xrayvin

I just had a chat conversation with RCI, that way I would have written proof of the answer. After several minutes on hold, they came back and said YES it does include frozen cocktails. I am sailing in 2 weeks so I guess we will find out for sure then. I am hoping this is true.

th_chat.png?t=1384877787

This has to be the correct answer. That's what "non-alcoholic drinks" are all about. The guys on the pool deck, for example, walk around with trays of Bahama Mamas and a bottle of rum. They don't add the rum until you buy the drink. So, you can buy it without the rum, too. That's what "everyone" means by "non-alcoholic" drinks!

:)

I said that to the lady on the phone and she said no that its only covers and her examples were bloody Mary's and Shirley temple and I said so not the frozen ones and she replied no only the ones that say frozen

I think the lady on the phone was likely misinterpreting the plan. Who would buy that just for bloody Mary's (which would really just be seasoned tomato juice!) and Shirley Temples? (So then they could say it includes juice, soda, and grenadine! LOL).

My hunch is that the frozens are in-fact included, especially since Celebrity's package includes them, but I guess we'll have to find out once we're onboard. I don't trust any of these RCI people! :)

When in Labadee, since it is RC's island, does your drink plan carryover onto the island? I know they provide lunch and was wondering if I would need to buy my alcohol if I have the premium plan.

Drinks on labadee are included although the selection is small and be sure to tell them you don't want your labadoozie in a souvenir cup.

Drinks on labadee are included although the selection is small and be sure to tell them you don't want your labadoozie in a souvenir cup.

Why? Do they charge if in the cup? I have the premium plan also. Thanks.

Why? Do they charge if in the cup? I have the premium plan also. Thanks.

Souvenir cups and glasses are not included....because, well, they're souvenirs. You can pay the difference and get a cup/glass and have it forever and ever.

Which makes me wonder if I bring my one of my labadoozie cups with me if I can get them to give me my "free" drink in that....hmmmmm.

:mad: Sorry - the link doesn't work. Here's the info. Found it on the CruiseCritic Facebook page.

Royal Caribbean Expands Alcohol-Inclusive Beverage Package Options

(2:58 p.m.) -- Just a little under a year after Royal Caribbean first introduced alcohol-inclusive beverage packages, the line is updating and expanding its offerings. Four packages are available on all North American sailings of four nights or longer. Itineraries that depart from international ports will get the packages mid-December.

Among the changes made to the packages, only passengers who intend to use a package need to buy it. Previously, all passengers in a cabin had to purchase a package, even if only one wanted it.

Package holders are limited to the number of drinks they can order at a time (one), but there is no cap on the number of drinks they may purchase in a day.

Package prices range from $20 to $65 per passenger/per day. All prices include a 15 percent gratuity. Packages must be purchased a minimum of four days before the cruise ends.

Package choices are:

Royal Replenish Package ($20 per day): includes premium coffee and tea, bottled still and sparkling water, fresh-squeezed orange juice, nonalcoholic cocktails and fountain sodas with a souvenir Coca-Cola cup.

Select Package ($40 per day): includes beer, wine by the glass (up to $8 value), nonalcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas with a souvenir Coca-Cola cup and a 20 percent discount on wine bottle purchases.

Premium Package ($55 per day): includes house and premium cocktails (up to $10 value), frozen cocktails, beers, premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value), nonalcoholic cocktails, bottled still water, fountain sodas with a souvenir Coca-Cola cup and a 20 percent discount on wine bottle purchases.

Ultimate Package ($65 per day): includes premium coffee and tea, bottled still and sparkling water, fresh-squeezed orange juice, house and premium cocktails (up to $10 value), frozen cocktails, beers, premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value), nonalcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas with a souvenir Coca-Cola cup and a 20 percent discount on wine bottle purchases.

Passengers who have already bought the former Classic package will receive the Select package once on board and a refund of $5 per day to their onboard accounts. Passengers who purchased the former Premium package will receive the new Premium package once onboard.

--by Dori Saltzman, News Editor

For those who have purchased the alcohol package in advance, do they put a sticker on your sea pass or is it printed on it? Is it done at check in or do you have to go somewhere on board to get it? Thanks

In Feb of this year, it was a sticker on the sea-pass card - the same sticker they apply if you purchase one of the packages onboard. It was done at the time of checkin in the cruise port terminal. Not sure if that has changed since though.

If you pre-order the soda package, the Coca-Cola logo is printed directly on the sea-pass card (or at least that is how it was back in Feb). If you purchase the soda package onboard, you get a sticker added to your sea-pass card.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

We sail on Allure this Sunday. I called a few days a ago to add the premium package. Wanted to get our oldest the $20 package but it couldn't be done because it wasn't in their system yet. Stuck with the regular soda package instead.

You don't have to buy it before you leave, you can buy the package that you prefer on the ship.

Question...Is it possible to purchase the package for specific days? Me and me wife only drink heavily on certain days depending on our itinerary and what our plans are, so it would be nice to purchase the package for say 2 days but get to choose which days they are.

Also what is stopping people from just purchasing one package and making unlimited trips to the bar and sharing their drink?

Question...Is it possible to purchase the package for specific days? Me and me wife only drink heavily on certain days depending on our itinerary and what our plans are, so it would be nice to purchase the package for say 2 days but get to choose which days they are.

Also what is stopping people from just purchasing one package and making unlimited trips to the bar and sharing their drink?

Currently, you must purchase the package for the entire cruise.

Edited by clarea