Ladies...Need help with packing

SailBabySail

With the few cruises we have taken I have wanted to bring a wide brimmed sunhat or two but haven't because I can't figure out how to pack them without them getting crushed or out of shape. Can anyone offer a suggestion on how I can pack them? I know there are crushable hats but the ones I have are not like that. It's a dumb question but I have definite brain freeze about this. Thanks for any help you can give.

We always pack a couple hats. Try putting some clothing in suitcase leaving hollowed out space for the hat to go in upside down. Fill the head opening area with underwear or something soft, then continue packing as usual. Hopefully you can put the two hats together and just do the process once.

We always pack a couple hats. Try putting some clothing in suitcase leaving hollowed out space for the hat to go in upside down. Fill the head opening area with underwear or something soft, then continue packing as usual. Hopefully you can put the two hats together and just do the process once.

That's how I pack my husbands favorite hat! I usually take visors much easier to pack and carry around !!

think I will give it a try, I am always afraid hubby will leave it on the plane if he just carries it, plus it is just one more thing to lug around.

Edited by newmexicoNita

This is how I pack mine and it works.

Fill the head opening area with underwear or something soft, then continue packing as usual. Hopefully you can put the two hats together and just do the process once.

This is also how I pack them. The only prob I have is that normally only pack a carry on sized bag, and sometimes the brim is too big to fit in the bag. lol It bends a bit, but doesn't get fully crushed thankfully!

I roll all of my non-wrinkle clothing like shorts or t-shirts, makes it really easy to create a nest to put the hat in as already suggested. Fill the hat with bathing suits, undewear and socks to keep it in shape.

Works great and I don't have to worry about carrying it on the plane.

You could always buy an inexpensive one at the first port and leave behind at the end of the trip - I've done that before :D

We have not done this on a cruise but have done it on land vacations where we fly...Cancun twice, Bahamas, even Florida.

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Wow, thanks so much...I will definitely try this :)

Beach bag...sunhat and beads. Yes, I am ready to go right now :D You made me smile...thank you.

Wear it or carry it on board inside a big beach bag. ;) While you're at it, wear the hat and some mardi gras beads so everyone in your roll call can spot you during check-in. ;)

Personally, if my bag is big enough I will fill the center of the hat (undies/socks usually) and then pack it brim down. I find it easier to pack around the hat that way.

If it doesn't fit I will wear/carry it on. My only non-crushable sun hat happens to also have a chin strap so its easy to just hook over the carry on handle as an option that way too.

I just put the hat on my head when I get in the plane, find a place to keep it during the flight (under the seat in front of me if there is no overhead space) and wear it off the plane.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...