Car rental shuttles - Miami?

Sopwith

Anyone know which car rental agencies run a shuttle from the Oceania terminal in Miami? In particular I'm wondering about Avis. Prefer to stay away from Hertz due to a recent bad experience.

Thx.

I believe its Budget and Alamo, but its been 18 months and I'm not sure. It definitely wasn't Avis or Hertz. Try inquiring under the port threads. If I remember that's where I got the best info.

That's good general info on transportation options available between the airport and the POM, but I believe the OP was inquiring about a free shuttle that is operated by a couple rental car agencies. It runs from the top floor of the rental car garage and is available only for the customers of their agencies.

That's good general info on transportation options available between the airport and the POM, but I believe the OP was inquiring about a free shuttle that is operated by a couple rental car agencies. It runs from the top floor of the rental car garage and is available only for the customers of their agencies.

The link provides the name of companies permitted to operate in the POM area best to contact the rental car company to confirm

Just called budget as I am booked to return car to them on SE 2nd st and they told me they don't offer a shuttle and a cab will cost $10. I then tried to call hertz and get. No answer. Since they are partners I am guessing I would get the same response. Take a taxi. I got a very good rate so I don't mind but I'm glad the question was posed so I will not be surprised and will leave extra time to get a taxi

We needed a rental for 26 hours when Marina first visited Miami (everyone had to leave the ship overnight for a Coast Guard inspection). Hertz was the only one we could find that would give us an hourly rate for the last two hours instead of a full second day charge. Hertz has a rental office at 229 Southeast 2nd Street, downtown (Google Hertz Miami Downtown), which is about 2 miles from Terminal J where Oceania docks. They offered a free shuttle to that office, running often when the ship was in port. They picked us up right in fron of the terminal, after crossing the street. The next day, the shuttle took me back to the terminal (I dropped Betsy and the luggage off at the terminal, first).

This was in February, 2011, and it's possible it might have changed. Budget is apparently at that same 2nd Street address, so if Hertz is still operating a shuttle I'm surprised that Budget would not.

If you have to take a cab, the closest rental location is Budget or Hertz at 2nd Street. I can't believe the fare would be more than $10 for the 2 miles. Heck, now that we travel mostly with carry-ons, I would walk it.

120443.jpg

Is this AVIS location, at 99 Southeast 2nd Street as close as I think? We pick up a car there after disembarking in a couple of weeks or so.

It is close, but probably not walk-able.

Port_of_Miami-4690.jpg It does not appear to me that pedestrian traffic is allowed on that Causeway.