Amazing Upsell!

Lady Arwen

We're on the November 30th sailing of the Summit. We'd booked an oceanview cabin almost one year ago because the price was good and we also got the 1-2-3 drink package promo.

Today we upgraded, at a cost of $20.00 per person, to a Concierge GTY and we were able to keep our drink package!

Thanks, Celebrity, you really did exceed our expectations today!

we're on the november 30th sailing of the summit. We'd booked an oceanview cabin almost one year ago because the price was good and we also got the 1-2-3 drink package promo.

Today we upgraded, at a cost of $20.00 per person, to a concierge gty and we were able to keep our drink package!

Thanks, celebrity, you really did exceed our expectations today!

nice!!!:)

We're on the same cruise and booked in Aqua. Only place to go is up - a suite which is several $100 more. Congrats to you, though! How did you find out about the upgrade - checking the Celebrity website or through your TA?

We booked directly with Celebrity and I'm always checking the website. I was most concerned that we'd lose our beverage package with such a low rate, but for some reason they let us keep it. Yeah!!

Please be aware that some of the agents have said that the 123 promo will stay with the upgrade, but when checked again, it was discovered that the agent was wrong.

The guaranty prices seem to be exciting deals pricing, and that is not combinable with the 123 promo, as the promo must be what was known as five star rates and now appear to be called standard rates.

I just upgraded a client from an OV cat 06 cabin with the 123 beverage promo to an Aqua class guaranty (exciting deals). The first rep said the beverage package would stay, the second said that it would not. The invoice shows it gone, but my client still sees it on the website.

So unless the two systems are not communicating, it should be gone. They knew and were willing to give it up, since their cruise is very port intensive and they don't drink enough to justify keeping it when they could get a cabin that they really wanted. If it ends up still on their booking when they board, all the better.

But the reality is that the promo should be removed unless you are upgrading to the same type of pricing tier.

Please be aware that some of the agents have said that the 123 promo will stay with the upgrade, but when checked again, it was discovered that the agent was wrong.

The guaranty prices seem to be exciting deals pricing, and that is not combinable with the 123 promo, as the promo must be what was known as five star rates and now appear to be called standard rates.

I just upgraded a client from an OV cat 06 cabin with the 123 beverage promo to an Aqua class guaranty (exciting deals). The first rep said the beverage package would stay, the second said that it would not. The invoice shows it gone, but my client still sees it on the website.

So unless the two systems are not communicating, it should be gone. They knew and were willing to give it up, since their cruise is very port intensive and they don't drink enough to justify keeping it when they could get a cabin that they really wanted. If it ends up still on their booking when they board, all the better.

But the reality is that the promo should be removed unless you are upgrading to the same type of pricing tier.

The bev package is showing on my invoice and online. Called Celebrity and they insist that we do have the bev package.

We're on the November 30th sailing of the Summit. We'd booked an oceanview cabin almost one year ago because the price was good and we also got the 1-2-3 drink package promo.

Today we upgraded, at a cost of $20.00 per person, to a Concierge GTY and we were able to keep our drink package!

Was this a true "upsell" where Celebrity contacted you and made the sweet offer? Or were you price checking and noticed a $20 difference between the two different categories? Whichever the case, congrats on a great deal! ;)

Was this a true "upsell" where Celebrity contacted you and made the sweet offer? Or were you price checking and noticed a $20 difference between the two different categories? Whichever the case, congrats on a great deal! ;)

I called Celebrity and asked what they could do for an upgrade, but not have to sacrifice our beverage package. After speaking to her supervisor, the agent made this offer.

They have been offering some really good prices for that November 30th cruise!

They are still pushing the Concierge GTY cabins for $699 and the Aqua GTY cabins for $799.

But they quickly sold out the suites at $999.

Those went like hotcakes - or considering that this is Celebrity, waffles would probably be more appropriate. ;)

I have called 3 days in a row now to do exactly what you have done and each time I've been told that the 123 promotion cannot be combined with a guarantee. Either you got a great agent that pulled some strings for you or one that doesn 't know what they are doing. I hope it works out for you and you find you still have your beverage package once you board but for us I guess we keep our ocean view and be happy. See you on the 30th!!

Edited by 4104ever

I tried to upgrade from a C3 to a Sunset Veranda for the Nov. 23 sailing of the Reflection but was told by my travel agent that I'd loose the beverage package. Next time I think I will just book directly with Celebrity so as to not have go through a TA for questions or changes.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

When I upgraded to aquaclass suite from a regular aquaclass, I lost the 1-2-3 promotion. We are not drinkers, so had taken the $200 shipboard credit, but as we list the package, we were able to get the shareholders credit, so it was a wash.

I have called 3 days in a row now to do exactly what you have done and each time I've been told that the 123 promotion cannot be combined with a guarantee. Either you got a great agent that pulled some strings for you or one that doesn 't know what they are doing. I hope it works out for you and you find you still have your beverage package once you board but for us I guess we keep our ocean view and be happy. See you on the 30th!!

I was on the phone with Celebrity for over half an hour to get this done. The agent offered it to me and then checked with a supervisor to make sure all was in order. I asked for a confirmation invoice to be emailed to me showing the bev package as being included and she did. I called Celebrity again yesterday afternoon after reading some of the postings and they said we do indeed have the bev pkg. I have no idea why others are being told they can't have it.

I've printed everything out to take with us, just in case, but I'm not expecting any problem.

That's great!!!!!

Never been offered an upgrade/sell from Celebrity

Next doing a B2B of the Summit first two weeks of January, be nice to have a one for even one of the weeks, but not holding my breath! :p