Past Final Payment

I was in the same situation in January. Several cruises were cancelled, but I paid my ex for his $100 deposit on the Enchantment in April and took a female friend instead. Changing the name was simple, but there were some other issues. My ex was able to access the reservation even after his name was removed, making my friend's name and possibly other personal info available to him. We had also made MTD reservations when my ex was still on the reservation, and that did not get changed. My friend and I wondered why we were seated with three couples (hoping for other singles), but MDR staff was still expecting my ex to be with me.

So sorry about your situation. Hope all things evolve for the best.

Just wanted to add that if you succeed and your sister cruises in place of your ex, please just go directly to the dining room manager on embarkation afternoon (time and place will be announced in the Cruise Compass or "what to do when you board" flyer) and make an adjustment to your dining assignment so you don't have to sit with couples all week.

Edited by Artemis

So sorry about your situation. Hope all things evolve for the best.

Just wanted to add that if you succeed and your sister cruises in place of your ex, please just go directly to the dining room manager on embarkation afternoon (time and place will be announced in the Cruise Compass or "what to do when you board" flyer) and make an adjustment to your dining assignment so you don't have to sit with couples all week.

Actually sitting with couples might help her. It depends on the person.

I am so sorry for your situation, regardless if you are booked thru a Travel Agent or directly with the cruise lines, call to inform them that you will be switching the name of one passenger. I would also go into your booking and change the name on your set sail pass and put in the new information. Hope you have a wonderful cruise with your sister, having her with you should help you thru this.

Actually sitting with couples might help her. It depends on the person.

reedl, thanks for your input. I (hastily) worded my post (#13 above) poorly. I certainly didn't mean to direct the OP's choice. Instead, I was reacting to the observation of a prior poster (#11 above) who cruised under circumstances similar to the OP's and seemed displeased to be seated (per the original H/W booking) with couples. I posted just in case the OP desired to consider her options and was unaware Royal invites clients to explore adjustments so their 7-night MDR arrangement is as pleasing as possible.

Edited by Artemis