Navigator vs. Serenade for March 2014

GEMomTo3

We are currently sitting on two different reservations for Spring Break in late March 2014. One is on the Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston and the other is Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans. Both are 7 nights and go to the same ports of call. I am looking for feedback/opinions on which we should choose.

We are a group of 7: 4 adults (my husband and I, & my parents) and 3 children (ages 3,5 & 7). My husband, kids and I will be driving to either port from IL and my parents live outside of Dallas. If we go to Galveston, we will likely drive to Dallas the day before and go to Galveston on the day of departure (saving on hotel). If we go to New Orleans, we will meet my parents there the day before departure and stay close to port.

On the Serenade of the Seas we have two connecting balcony staterooms books on deck 8, aft and have Family Time Dining. One of our kids will bunk with my parents.

On Navigator of the Seas, we have one of the new Family Panoramic view staterooms on Deck 12 booked for our family of 5 and my parents are booked in an E2 balcony on deck 12 just around the corner from us. Unfortunately, we could only get My Time Dining for this cruise. I have also considered changing to two balconies if I can get connecting ones.

The biggest drawback I see to the Navigator for our family and the ages of our kiddos is that they don't have any type of kids pool/slide and I foresee us spending lots of time in the water. But Serenade has less 'stuff' to do, I think.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks from a compulsive planner/researcher when it comes to vacations :)

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Navigator will have been retrofitted by March. There should be a flowrider on board by then.

you are absolutely correct ,it will have a flowrider it comes out of drydock feb.5th ,personally i think there is more to do on the voyager class ships

The age your kids are it really won't matter. They will probably spend most of their time in AO. My kids had a great time on both ships.

I like Serenade better because of the glass and the enclosed Solarium.

I like Navigator better because of the Promanade. I also prefer a balcony.

You really can't loose whichever you choose. Have fun!

We are currently sitting on two different reservations for Spring Break in late March 2014. One is on the Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston and the other is Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans. Both are 7 nights and go to the same ports of call. I am looking for feedback/opinions on which we should choose.

We are a group of 7: 4 adults (my husband and I, & my parents) and 3 children (ages 3,5 & 7). My husband, kids and I will be driving to either port from IL and my parents live outside of Dallas. If we go to Galveston, we will likely drive to Dallas the day before and go to Galveston on the day of departure (saving on hotel). If we go to New Orleans, we will meet my parents there the day before departure and stay close to port.

On the Serenade of the Seas we have two connecting balcony staterooms books on deck 8, aft and have Family Time Dining. One of our kids will bunk with my parents.

On Navigator of the Seas, we have one of the new Family Panoramic view staterooms on Deck 12 booked for our family of 5 and my parents are booked in an E2 balcony on deck 12 just around the corner from us. Unfortunately, we could only get My Time Dining for this cruise. I have also considered changing to two balconies if I can get connecting ones.

The biggest drawback I see to the Navigator for our family and the ages of our kiddos is that they don't have any type of kids pool/slide and I foresee us spending lots of time in the water. But Serenade has less 'stuff' to do, I think.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks from a compulsive planner/researcher when it comes to vacations :)

there has been a price drop for march 2nd and march 30th for certain cat. on the navigator ,maybe that could also help you decide

• 2 months later...

We are from il and we are sailing late march in the serenade and we are family of 4 with 2 connecting balconies on deck 8 also. Hahah.

We have a party of 10 with 5 cabins total. But our family of 4 includes my 4 and 6 years old. Flow rider was a lot of fun for me when I was in the allure but it would not be fun for my toddler. At their age, it does not matter what activities they have inboard for kids. They are going to love it anyway.

Let us know when you do decide. We are flying down from Chicago and taking an overnight train back to Chicago in the 5th.