Vision of the Seas photos - Post Revitalization

LMaxwell

Vision has a 2 deck Viking Crown, so Izumi took upper level, concierge lounge to right of elevators upon exit, only interior glass elevators go up and sometimes must switch at deck 9. Behind elevators is nice public area with view of pool area, new outdoor screen and sea view. Bar opens at lunch for Izumi and at 3pm to prep for Concierge lounge service and Diamond overflow event in evening.

Thanks for the fast response.

So, I was mistaken about the Observatory then? That is still there, forward deck 10?

Well, your photos certainly make the ship look lovely! You had me captivated until I got to the Centrum party shots -- not my thing. Was the Centrum the venue for a lot of bustle, day and night? -- parties such as the one you showed, loud musical entertainment, children's competitions and games, Captain's Welcome party, dance exhibitions, etc.? This is the way things were on my recent Caribbean Princess cruise (though I did not expect it) so now I know to ask about these things on other ships. I have long wanted to try RCCL, and their smaller ships, like Vision, are the ones that appeal to me. The ship looks very elegant, and I love the availability of sea views (which I have read is typical of Royal ships). What I am wondering is whether the atmosphere on board is as elegant as the look of the ship, or if it is more "party" oriented than elegant. Were there lots of quiet public (non-diamond or concierge) places on board to sit and enjoy the sea? Were there quieter musical groups (singer with a guitar, string quartet, soft piano music, anything like that) onboard?

Thanks for a great thread!

Thanks for the fast response.

So, I was mistaken about the Observatory then? That is still there, forward deck 10?

The Observatory is an outdoor area reached from outside Deck 10 and is elevated and is above the Windjammer central skylight. This area actually needs to be reached from deck nine forward outdoor stairway as no exit from forward deck 10 due to the Adventure Ocean and Nursery only having emergency exits. (can also come around from deck 10 aft)

This is quite a contrast to say the NCL Spirit Observatory, which is an indoor area wrapped around Galaxy of the Stars Lounge.

Well, your photos certainly make the ship look lovely! You had me captivated until I got to the Centrum party shots -- not my thing. Was the Centrum the venue for a lot of bustle, day and night? -- parties such as the one you showed, loud musical entertainment, children's competitions and games, Captain's Welcome party, dance exhibitions, etc.? This is the way things were on my recent Caribbean Princess cruise (though I did not expect it) so now I know to ask about these things on other ships. I have long wanted to try RCCL, and their smaller ships, like Vision, are the ones that appeal to me. The ship looks very elegant, and I love the availability of sea views (which I have read is typical of Royal ships). What I am wondering is whether the atmosphere on board is as elegant as the look of the ship, or if it is more "party" oriented than elegant. Were there lots of quiet public (non-diamond or concierge) places on board to sit and enjoy the sea? Were there quieter musical groups (singer with a guitar, string quartet, soft piano music, anything like that) onboard?

Thanks for a great thread!

Unfortunately on all the smaller RCI ships they are having more and more activities in the centrum. And the music tends to be way too loud. If guest services wasn't right there, it wouldn't be such a problem. I've stood there in line only to find that when it's my turn I can't hear the guest services officer speaking. I have to keep saying what and cupping my hand behind my ear to hear. And I'm not old nor hard of hearing.

There are quiet places elsewhere but the centrum isn't always that place. Sometimes it can be quiet. Just not all the time.

Gina

Unfortunately on all the smaller RCI ships they are having more and more activities in the centrum. And the music tends to be way too loud. If guest services wasn't right there, it wouldn't be such a problem. I've stood there in line only to find that when it's my turn I can't hear the guest services officer speaking. I have to keep saying what and cupping my hand behind my ear to hear. And I'm not old nor hard of hearing.

There are quiet places elsewhere but the centrum isn't always that place. Sometimes it can be quiet. Just not all the time.

Gina

This is exactly the way it was on Enchantment this past September. It did not seem to be that bad in March, so maybe our complaints had some effect.

Thanks! These were great pictures especially of the OV Cabin. I am assuming that Enchantment is pretty much the same look correct??????

We are in a OV on the 3rd deck and some friends of ours (Two Single Ladies) who will be cruising for the very first time are sharing an OV a few doors down from us. On Enchantment (Vision Class) will we hear much noise above us on this deck??? We will be mid ship...do you feel much movement on that deck???

Right click on them and click on "open link" and you wil be able to see the pictures.

:D

Any chance we can get the pictures back??? :o

OP hasn't responded for a while, maybe the photobucket account is dead or too full. Don't mean to hijack but Max'sMom and my pics are still functioning... Mommabean did you have a thread with pics as well?? I can't remember anymore... it was a long 7 months ago for us:p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2000899

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973232

I hope LMaxwell comes back to fix this as his thread has many more and diff photos than what I took. It's a pain in the butt to right click every singly photo.

Have a great cruise! :D

Right click on them and click on "open link" and you wil be able to see the pictures.

That doesn't work. Maybe because you've opened them before they're cached on your computer? :confused:

Edited by aurelius180

I have such a soft spot for the Vision. I have been reading reviews from the Allure and the Oasis the last few days because I have friends wanting us to join them on Allure. When I found this Vision thread, It really made me realize how much I love a smaller ship and really dont have a desire to spend $$$'s on the Oasis class. Thank you for posting. The photos are so familiar. The Vision will always feel like home for me..

We leave tomorrow on the Vision and although I love Oasis and Allure, we are really looking forward to a smaller ship, more intimate setting and less walking. Thanks for the great pictures, you have certainly made me more anxious to enjoy her.

• 6 months later...
These Pics are awesome. Quick question on the cabin, was it an outside view or Panaromanic outside view? I have a Panaramic cabin in May and am curious as to how it would look.

What's your sailing in May?

We're on 16th :-)