Drying clothes in a triple

Becky

I travel with a braided rubber clothesline that can loop through all sorts of stuff, and takes up very little packing space. On a cruise I've hung it in the bathroom as an additional to the one in the shower, but since that area is so small and damp, it works best on the balcony in a warm weather climate. That shower clothesline only fits one pair of men's swim trunks or possible two bikinis. I have had a tough time finding a way to set my clothesline up in the room, as it has two closed looped ends.

Clothespins may also come in handy (although with this type of clothesline you can just stick a piece of the fabric between the braided pieces). Do you have pullman beds with metal rail sides? Your idea could also work if you'll mostly be using them at the pool. Also, especially if you use a towel to get most of the water out, putting on a damp bathing suit if its hot outside isn't too horrible. You just don't want it to sit wet for awhile and get stinky. Best wishes.

I don't know if you have a window or balcony, but what worked great for me was to use suction cup hooks that I got at the dollar store on the balcony slider. When the sun hits it in the the afternoon it gets really hot and the suits and other items were dry in a flash and no worries about it being blown away outside. This should work on a window also.

To the poster with the idea of the hairdryer: Brilliant idea!

I can never get stuff to dry in the bathroom.....

Last year we had a window and everything dried nicely on the shelf in front of the window....

Looking forward to my upcoming balcony. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sailing 3/23/14 on the Norwegian Dawn

Roll them up in a towel, then put the bundle on the floor and walk on it. Some things come out almost dry. I do that for everything I rinse out in the cabin.

Remember that you aren't allowed to leave things out on the balcony if you leave the cabin.

Roll them up in a towel, then put the bundle on the floor and walk on it. Some things come out almost dry. I do that for everything I rinse out in the cabin.

Remember that you aren't allowed to leave things out on the balcony if you leave the cabin.

I too employ the "roll and stomp" method. Really gets the excess water out. If you do that, your suits should dry very quickly hung on the clothesline in the shower.

For those of you mentioning balcony or window, the OP said they have an INSIDE cabin.

I agree with those who say roll it in a towel and squeeze before hanging on the shower line. You also might want to hang it on a hangar on a cabin hook once the water has been squeezed out with a towel -- or two.

This might or might not work on OP's ship but equally good regardless of cabin category - a pair of plastic over-the-door hooks (from dollar or 99 cents store) and bungee or nylon cord.

Let it drip dry first so it's not soaking wet, then put it on a plastic hanger or directly on the stretched out hooks across 1 or 2 closet door as it's near the cabin entrance, usually with some air circulating due to the vents.

Used them last on CCL to hang our hats - see attached. Just an idea, might not work everytime.

P9270384.jpg.1e02c60bb29fbd18cbd23e73fbcf5f22.jpg

These are all great ideas. Been there, done that. LOVE the idea of the door hooks! I've never seen these mentioned before. I use them all the time at home for ironing clothes, putting out my "outfit of the day", packing for cruises, etc. I'll bring a couple on my next cruise for hats and handbags. Thank you. :D

The idea of wringing hand washables out in a towel to pre-dry is a good one. I've never stomped on one before but I have whacked it against the door frame. ;)

I'm going to bring a microfiber towel for my hair next time and if someone was planning on a lot of hand washing of clothes I would recommend one of those. They are super absorbent and take up very little room and dry quickly.

Take a wire hanger with you and some paper clips. Hang the suits on the hanger and hang it over the closet door. On the outside of the door. Or hang it from a shelf or whereever you can find a suitable place. You cant use the hangers provided on the ship because they don't have a hook. The paper clips will keep the suit from slipping off the hanger. Just leave the hanger in the cabin when you debark.