question about loyalty upgrades

nerdforlife44

Hi I am going on the Crown Princess on Nov.23 with my mom and grandma. All three of us are long time carnival customers, but for my mom and I this is our first princess cruise. My question is, because both cruise lines are owned by the same company, if you call them, do they ever give you anything extra for being loyal customers to the company? Such as I know cruises usuallh have a cocktail party for returning cruisers, would they let my mom and I attend because we've been loyal to they company as a whole?

Hi I am going on the Crown Princess on Nov.23 with my mom and grandma. All three of us are long time carnival customers, but for my mom and I this is our first princess cruise. My question is, because both cruise lines are owned by the same company, if you call them, do they ever give you anything extra for being loyal customers to the company? Such as I know cruises usuallh have a cocktail party for returning cruisers, would they let my mom and I attend because we've been loyal to they company as a whole?

sorry to say but you will be getting nothing off princess for this cruise, every cruise line have their own loyalty program

No, you would have to be a returning Princess customer to attend the cocktail party. On my latest Princess cruise, they had to hold two events anyway because there were 2,300 returning Princess cruisers out of around 3,100 passengers onboard. If they were to start inviting returning customers of other cruise lines in the Carnival group, they might just as well invite the whole ship. Perhaps you are not aware, but the Carnival group includes Carnival, Princess, HAL, Cunard, P&O, Costa, Seabourn and I've probably missed some others out.

Assume your grandmother is a Princess repeat customer. See the Captain's Circle host once on board. You might be able to attend the Captain's Circle gathering with her. However, don't expect much, it's a drink, a few snacks and a 30 min. talk.

There will be a Captain's party (not to be confused with the Captain's Circle party) in the atrium some evening during the voyage. They serve free drinks there as well as snacks. It's for all passengers.

When booking you should have received past passenger pricing, which maybe could be a little less. Check this out. You may already have it. Past passenger pricing applies to all the Carnival Holding Co. lines. Also, just to mention, if any of you are veterans you can receive on board credits, and if you own a min. of 100 shares of Carnival Corp stock additional on board credit is available.

Assume your grandmother is a Princess repeat customer. See the Captain's Circle host once on board. You might be able to attend the Captain's Circle gathering with her. However, don't expect much, it's a drink, a few snacks and a 30 min. talk.

There will be a Captain's party (not to be confused with the Captain's Circle party) in the atrium some evening during the voyage. They serve free drinks there as well as snacks. It's for all passengers.

When booking you should have received past passenger pricing, which maybe could be a little less. Check this out. You may already have it. Past passenger pricing applies to all the Carnival Holding Co. lines. Also, just to mention, if any of you are veterans you can receive on board credits, and if you own a min. of 100 shares of Carnival Corp stock additional on board credit is available.

I am not sure this is the case. My past passenger numbers are different for both Carnival and Princess. When travelling with Carnival on my second cruise with them, I received a cabin upgrade, but my first cruise with Princess after two Carnival cruises, I received no benefits. On my second cruise with Princess, then we received a cabin upgrade.

Soon, I will be travelling with 3 "newbie" ladies on my third Princess cruise. We have already received a cabin upgrade and the "newbie" bunking with me will also benefit, however, the cocktail party invite will most likely be for me only...........

I do believe that loyalty lies with Princess only, regardless of how many Carnival companies you have cruised with.........

KIMM

I am not sure this is the case. My past passenger numbers are different for both Carnival and Princess.

KIMM

You do not receive any on board benefits and yes the numbers are not the same. But, I do believe you can receive past passenger pricing under the World's Leading Cruise Lines banner. It's not much, maybe nothing, but worth checking out. I believe this is the only cross benefit.

All P&O & Sitmar cruises count with Princess. However if you have cruised with other brands the best you can hope for is a price discount. This isn't always available and isn't much of discount from what I have seen in the past.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Agree with you. Done 25 cruises with Princess and no upgrades at all:(
Pretty much the same here. They once tried to "upgrade" me from an Emerald deck mini to a Dolphin mini. Thank god I got my cabin back. I was once upgraded from a standard balcony to a mid-ship mini. Hated the location.

I never bother with past passenger discounts. Find a TA who books a lot of Princess cruises and you can save 10-20%, depending on the cruise, when you book and cabin category.

I also haven't been to a past passenger cocktail party in years. Can't remember the last time. It's a zoo.

You do not receive any on board benefits and yes the numbers are not the same. But, I do believe you can receive past passenger pricing under the World's Leading Cruise Lines banner. It's not much, maybe nothing, but worth checking out. I believe this is the only cross benefit.

This happened to us when we sailed HAL. Our Platinum status on Princess gave us status in their past passenger club (Mariners?). We got a small discount on the cabin, and an invite to the past passengers luncheon. I was really surprised to get the invite to the luncheon, but it was a nice perk.

Upgrades are a whole separate thing not connected with what loyalty level you're at.

Anyone can go to the Captain's Welcome Party, and usually adults can get a free drink (on some cruises, it seems a lot easier to get one than on others). The Captains Circle party is an invitation only event for past passengers (if only one of you is gold level or above, you can bring a guest). There seems to be many variations on how this is handled, at least from my cruises. On our last cruise, there was one for golds, and one for platinum/elite. On our way out of the Princess Theater, we were each given a voucher for a free drink available at any time during the cruise and at any bar.

If you have sailed on any of the Carnival family of cruises, you can usually get a special discount on some cruises on the other lines. But that's it.