Choice Dining Package

Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched and couldn't find an answer.

If I purchase the Choice Dining Package that includes Chops, Giovanni's, Samba Grill and Izumi, do I still pay for each item at Izumi? Does the package just cover the initial "cover" charge?

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched and couldn't find an answer.

If I purchase the Choice Dining Package that includes Chops, Giovanni's, Samba Grill and Izumi, do I still pay for each item at Izumi? Does the package just cover the initial "cover" charge?

Thanks!

You get a specific allowance at Izumi, something like $20.

Yes. The package is a reduced rate for the combined Dining Fees for the restaurants.. but there is some charge that comes off your package once there. So if you go beyond that amount, you will have an additional charge.

Edited by Pebbles468

We did the 3 on Oasis, Chops, Giovanni's, and 150 Central Park. It was in the computer, so all you pay is any wine or extras that you buy. It is the cover charge. But it was worth it. I think the total was $70 per person. Since Chops is $30 and 150 CP is $40, Giovanni's was free. Gratuity is part of the charge, but we had great service at all 3 so we added. Also bought wine at Chops and 150, but used a wine package bottle at Giovanni's.

We did the Choice Dining Package on Allure last month. You have to reserve Samba on night one or two. All others will need to be scheduled on board. Izumi is the exception in that all others pay for the full meal. Izumi you are given a $20 per person to spend. There is a $5 cover per person and all other items are priced individually. If you spend less than $15 per person on food your meal is free (with the package). Anything over the $15, you will be charged. I hope this helps.

Thank you for all the replies. I wasn't sure how it would work for a place that had an a la carte menu!

We did the Choice Dining Package on Allure last month. You have to reserve Samba on night one or two. All others will need to be scheduled on board. Izumi is the exception in that all others pay for the full meal. Izumi you are given a $20 per person to spend. There is a $5 cover per person and all other items are priced individually. If you spend less than $15 per person on food your meal is free (with the package). Anything over the $15, you will be charged. I hope this helps.

So if Chops is $30, Giovanni's is $20 and Samba is $30 and I'm given $20 to spend at Izumi (which $5 will go towards the cover charge) I'm ahead $15 dollars. Correct? Considering the package is $80 to purchase.

Where is this package available to purchase? I made our dining reservations online and do not recall seeing anything like this available.

I'm not sure where you can purchase it since I'm so far away from my cruise I can't see that part of the website yet! lol

I found the information under the dining options listed here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=OA&shipCode=AL&br=R

Originally Posted by orangepeel viewpost.gif

Where is this package available to purchase? I made our dining reservations online and do not recall seeing anything like this available.

I think this (Choice) package is only available on Oasis class. My wife really wanted to do Izumi and we have always liked Chops. It was likely our only shot on Oasis class for many years so the prospect of "eating out" four nights was appealing. Loved Izumi, liked Chops and Giovannis, and Samba was just okay.

Originally Posted by readytolose

So if Chops is $30, Giovanni's is $20 and Samba is $30 and I'm given $20 to spend at Izumi (which $5 will go towards the cover charge) I'm ahead $15 dollars. Correct? Considering the package is $80 to purchase.

Your math looks correct. My wife took this package specifically for Izumi so we saw Giovanni's as the "free" place.

Would recommend Giovanni's for the price if only choosing one.;)