Michael Bailey Celebrity CEO

mcrcruiser

With all the problems about Celebrity Web site ,the Millennium problems in Ketchican Alaska ie & not a word from this CEO . Not a apology ,just NOTHING .:rolleyes:

We have phoned their corporate offices many times about issues that keep getting swept under the rug . :mad:

There comes a time in American business that imho any company who not only ignores it's customers but aggravates them will soon loose sales & profits .;)

Perhaps now is the time for their customers to take affirmative action. Call & e-mail as often as possible:)

The website issues have been going on far a LONG time. Until X takes their web presence seriously it will never get fixed. A this point in time, they don't think their website is bad enough to keep cruisers away (they put their value on the cruise - I'd suppose they rely up in TAs so the website is of little value to them).

RE the Millenium, I'd suppose the legal team has told everyone to be silent. They let the PR team handle things in a controlled way. In this case, less is more.

Don't expect a peep on either issue.:(

I emailed the CEO and have to say that a representative called me directly about our canceled Millennium cruise was wonderful!

It wasn't the rep that was wonderful ,when the CEO just didn't show his face:o.Another hide behind the executive mantra not unlike the costa Concordia fiasco & the CEO of Carnival Corp dodging the press & their customers & families who were directly impacted :(.

Too many so called leaders (LMAO at the word leaders) won't be accountable:eek:

These issues speak loudly of the character of these execs & not their hired help:rolleyes:

Isn't apathy a interesting word ?

What, pray tell, could Mr. Bailey say that might satisfy you? I, for one, feel no need to constantly call or email a company as I find that it tends to distract them from their primary mission of providing a service to me in order that they may continue to operate profitably.

Isn't apathy a interesting word ?

What, pray tell, could Mr. Bailey say that might satisfy you? I, for one, feel no need to constantly call or email a company as I find that it tends to distract them from their primary mission of providing a service to me in order that they may continue to operate profitably.

I think he needs to explain why they're NOT "providing a service". Their business is about far more than making sure the ship is headed in the right direction. It's 2013 - even companies that work out of a basement have to operate an effective website. Is the current situation acceptable to you? Really?

We each of us have our own opinions

Having run a sizeable business successfully ,I never over looked multiple continuing customer problems

Was your customer base thousands and thousands and (thousands) of people?

I've written to a CEO only once in my life, and it was to praise a local retail salesperson for service above and beyond. My letter was read, and acted upon. Said local salesperson got a promotion, and the next time I was in the store he recognized my name and thanked me profusely for the change I made in his life.

What terrible things have happened to you on your cruises to make you contact Mr. Bailey over and over?

Was your customer base thousands and thousands and (thousands) of people?

I've written to a CEO only once in my life, and it was to praise a local retail salesperson for service above and beyond. My letter was read, and acted upon. Said local salesperson got a promotion, and the next time I was in the store he recognized my name and thanked me profusely for the change I made in his life.

What terrible things have happened to you on your cruises to make you contact Mr. Bailey over and over?

FWIW it is not at sea that there is any problems .Those people who serve us are the back bone of any cruise line ;).They work very hard to serve us passengers & deserve our praise & thanks.

It is the constant difficulties with their web site .Then there is the many times that passengers have been mistreated/abandoned when their ships run into mechanical difficulties . See the Cruise Critic archives for news on past mechanical problems to the Infiniti, The Century & most recently to the Millenium (Alaska incidents)

Never is their an apology from the CEO to the people/customers who have suffered .

No apathy here...just common sense enough to know that it is not a CEO's job to comment on something as silly as a website upgrade and a small problem. As far as I'm concerned, Celebrity is very well run and that any issues that do arise are handled right away by the appropriate personnel in the right fashion. No complaints here. Glad to see others feel the same way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I were to have contacted a company numerous times by phone and e-mail and not had a response that satisfied me, I would probably reach some conclusions.

They could be that:

The Company does not consider my complaint valid, have said so and consider the matter closed.

The Company knows the issue, but because of the return on investment to address it as I want, is not prepared to invest the resources.

Perhaps I might have a personal bias towards a senior executive who is not responding as one might wish, therefore the entire relationship is clouded.

There could be probably 30 more reasons why they are not prepared to enter into a dialogue. Perhaps one might be that some times no matter what the complainer wants no answer will satisfy them. i.e. the suggestion offered by the customer is not in the best interests of the business.

At the end of the day, I would have to consider if I wanted to continue to do business with the company.

The choice would be mine, as the Customer I decide who I do business with

Bu that's just me and we all know it takes all kinds to make a world.

Edited by WpgCruise

For what it's worth. Michael Bailey is not the President/CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

However, Michael Bayley is the President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

Surely, having run a sizable successful business, you realize the importance of getting such details correct.

Also, having run a sizable successful business, why in the world would you attempt multiple phone calls to get a problem resolved/looked into when you must know that a well written letter and/or e-mail would probably garner some manner of response.

By the way, I recently sent an e-mail to Mr. Bayley outlining a problem I had with one of the departments of his company. I set forth the problem as I saw it in a calm, undemanding way. Two days later, I received a phone call from a lady in Mr. Bayley's office. My problems/concerns were addressed and a satisfactory response was given to me.

While I had hoped for some form of response, I wasn't expecting the personal touch of a phone call.

I think Mr Bayley is a little busy right now, ensuring all the staff are ok, following the typhoon - this extract taken from a post on Facebook -

"My Filipino brother-in-law, Leonardo, works for Celebrity Cruises on one of their ships. He is from Tacloban, Leyte the city that's been in all the news because that Super Typhoon basically destroyed the whole town. His little son was there staying with his grandmother when the storm hit. With all communication down you can imagine his worry, not being able to know what had happened to him, if he was alive or dead. There were two other Filipinos on that same ship from Tacloban in the same situation with the same worries about their families there.

So what did Celebrity do about it? Celebrity Cruises gave all three time off from work and then PAID to fly them home to the Philippines for free so they could check on their families. The ship was in Costa Rica, in Central America. So the three flights Celebrity paid for is from there all the way to Manila... and then the return flight back to wherever their ship will be when they go back to work."

I would say slightly more priority than the website. (There was also a comment about using Internet Explorer which works apparently...?)

If I were to have contacted a company numerous times by phone and e-mail and not had a response that satisfied me, I would probably reach some conclusions.

They could be that:

The Company does not consider my complaint valid, have said so and consider the matter closed.

The Company knows the issue, but because of the return on investment to address it as I want, is not prepared to invest the resources.

Perhaps I might have a personal bias towards a senior executive who is not responding as one might wish, therefore the entire relationship is clouded.

There could be probably 30 more reasons why they are not prepared to enter into a dialogue. Perhaps one might be that some times no matter what the complainer wants no answer will satisfy them. i.e. the suggestion offered by the customer is not in the best interests of the business.

At the end of the day, I would have to consider if I wanted to continue to do business with the company.

The choice would be mine, as the Customer I decide who I do business with

Bu that's just me and we all know it takes all kinds to make a world.

Good post - I agree.

I would also add that, like others above, I've had cause to contact them about issues and been very satisfied with their resolution.

As for the original comment, I won't comment on the Millennium issue as I wasn't personally affected or involved. However, for the website, while it doesn't work perfectly reliably, the issues are not something I think the CEO needs to make an announcement about, and not hugely different compared to the reliability of many other websites.

No apathy here...just common sense enough to know that it is not a CEO's job to comment on something as silly as a website upgrade and a small problem. As far as I'm concerned, Celebrity is very well run and that any issues that do arise are handled right away by the appropriate personnel in the right fashion. No complaints here. Glad to see others feel the same way!

Concur

While I agree with you about Mr. Bayley not needing to be involved with the website problems, I believe he does need to be more visible and vocal with large problems. The Millennium cancellations are a perfect example of a time when the presence of and some words from the CEO could have bought a lot of good will. Instead, three months after the cruises were cancelled many of us are still awaiting refunds and Future Cruise Credits, while the only sounds coming from Celebrity upper management are those of "crickets chirping." I think this was handled poorly, and the longer it goes without closing the books on the incident, the more frustrated and upset people get.

I'm a first time Celebrity cruiser who's Diamond on Royal Caribbean and has also cruised Princess, HAL, and Carnival. I want to love Celebrity -- friends who know us and have cruised with us think it's going to be a perfect match -- but it's getting increasingly difficult with every day that goes by. I place a lot of emphasis on how a company responds to customers when things don't go as planned. Right now, I would give Celebrity a failing grade in that respect. I'm keeping an open mind, and I'm hoping my experience in May wins me over, but right now I'm frustrated and disappointed.

FWIW, I did send a letter to Mr. Bayley as well as Guest Relations and RCCL's Corporate office. The only response I received was from an assistant to Mr. Fain at RCCL.:(