Delta or Jet Blue?????? - JFK to SEA

martyap

Looking to book air for our trip next July. Have never flown Delta so any advice would really be helpful. We already have our return flights from Vancouver. We only need one way flights from JFK> SEA......Saturday, July 5th.

The Jet Blue flight is $70 more per person and gets in at 8:45pm.

The Delta flight gets to SEA earlier, at 6:30pm......better time for us.

Both are non-stop/same flight time.

On paper the winner is Delta but would love your input!

Thanks,

Karen

I don't think any airline provides a particulary joyful experience these days (unless you're in 1st class). I'd go with whoever has the best schedule if the price is similar. I've flown Delta JFK-Sea and it was no better or worse than any other.

I would have suggested that you look at Alaska Airlines if you were flying RT. For a cross country flight it might have been worthwhile to get an Alaska Airlines charge card in order to take advantage of the $100 companion fare.

I don't think any airline provides a particulary joyful experience these days (unless you're in 1st class). I'd go with whoever has the best schedule if the price is similar. I've flown Delta JFK-Sea and it was no better or worse than any other.

I would have suggested that you look at Alaska Airlines if you were flying RT. For a cross country flight it might have been worthwhile to get an Alaska Airlines charge card in order to take advantage of the $100 companion fare.

Trick is that Alaska Airlines only flies out of the Newark airport:cool:.

Or Philly! We flew Alaska Airlines this past May to Anchorage, using our brand-spanking-new Alaska Airlines credit card that was recommended on these boards. What a bargain! That $99 companion fare was a lifesaver! And since we've racked up lots of miles, I got my non-stop RT Seattle from Phila. fare for next May 17th for a whopping $6.56!! Love that Alaska Airlines credit card!

Trick is that Alaska Airlines only flies out of the Newark airport:cool:.

Newark is close enough to make it a viable alternative, especially if the price is right. Heck I've flown into Philly instead of NY to take advantage of a good fare, plus a better rate on the car rental.

Appreciate the advice.

We used AA miles for the YVR>LGA return to NY. Not too many non stops

from Vancouver to NY. This was a short stop over in DFW before heading back to NY. It worked fine with FF miles.

Flying to SEA we would prefer leaving from JFK. There are lots of choices flying out of Newark...... United or Alaska at OK one way fares........but we are twenty minutes from JFK and and an hour-twenty to Newark.

The available JFK Delta flight is a better time and a better price than the Jet Blue flight........just wanted any recent feedback on Delta vs Jet Blue. Have NEVER flown Delta!

I prefer Jet Blue, personally.

You say the Jet Blue flight is $70 more per person. First off, how many bags will you be checking per person? I believe Delta charges $25 for the first bag, so the difference is now $45.

With that being said, if the Delta flight works better for you, book it. For me, I'd go Jet Blue, but that is my preference. Actually, for cruises I try to book Southwest, since we usually have a TON of luggage.....

Jet Blue no doubt. First bag free unlike Delta, live tv guaranteed any domestic flight, ask any New Yorker. Jet Blue a much better product

Worldspan

I only do not fly Jet Blue if they don't fly to where indeed to go.

First bag free. This is huge. $50 of the $70 baggage fee is right there alone.

Plus the TV. And for the long haul flights, I pony up the $35 or whatever for the extra leg room.

5-6 hours in Delta coach.... Kill me first.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have used all three of the airlines, Delta , Alaska and Jet Blue, our preference would be Jet Blue , 1 free checked bag , tv at every seat. Plus we pay a bit more and get the extra room seats for more leg room , husband is tall 6'6" and those seats give him plenty of room.

Cori

Definitely Jet Blue. I had a very bad experience with Delta. We were bumped from our nonstop flight to Seattle from JFK the day of our cruise. I won't get into details but they rebooked us on a flight with stops after I told them in no uncertain terms that we would not go to LGA because we were already at JFK and they were the ones who bumped us. Customer service was awful and nonresponsive after I complained. It took two pointed letters to get any relief, and I am an attorney so I write demand letters for a living!

As I said on your companion post on TripAdvisor, I'd pick Delta so that you'll have time to get into the city and have dinner, vs. having to buy a meal on the plane and then fuss with transportation from the airport to your hotel around 9:30 or 10 pm (1 am to you.) Remember JFK-SEA is over an hour longer than SEA-JFK due to headwinds.

Lots of Jet Blue votes so we'll have to think about this.

The evening flights on 7/5 are $195 Delta and $293 Jet Blue. Times

are better on the Delta flight.

The morning Jet Blue flight on 7/6 is $402! We could

stay the extra night at the Inn at the Market and still have change to cover Sunday breakfast! Will have to give it a few days to see what's best.

Thanks for all your help.

stay the extra night at the Inn at the Market and still have change to cover Sunday breakfast! Will have to give it a few days to see what's best.

I'm flying in August of next year. Jet blue updated the schedule so I can at least now look at my outgoing flight.

I hope there will be more changes coming because they only show one direct flight per day and its evening.

And it's $400 for the one way. (Grumble)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Likely you already bought, but you can pay for economy comfort seats on Delta which give you a little extra room. Then of course your price would be the same. What does a 2nd bag cost on Jet Blue? We have Delta Sky Miles so don't pay the First Bag fee. Small airport (Marquette, Mi) so only 2 airlines..little choice. Larger airport is 3 hr so don't drive unless could get free flights. Have a good trip.

Looking to book air for our trip next July. Have never flown Delta so any advice would really be helpful. We already have our return flights from Vancouver. We only need one way flights from JFK> SEA......Saturday, July 5th.

The Jet Blue flight is $70 more per person and gets in at 8:45pm.

The Delta flight gets to SEA earlier, at 6:30pm......better time for us.

Both are non-stop/same flight time.

On paper the winner is Delta but would love your input!

Thanks,

Karen

Delta treats you like what comes out of the back end of a dog (I think that the moderator will let me say this). Jet Blue treats you like a human bean. I try to avoid flying airlines such Delta, AA, United or most any American flag airline as much as possible.

DON

I am obviously the exception here, but Delta has never treated me with anything but respect. I have had minor issues come up on occasion and they were always handled professionally and fairly. That said, I would go with the flights that were most convenient for you. We have a rewards program that allows us to fly many of the other carriers, but most often since Delta pricing tends to be the least expensive, we are using up less miles. We also have the Delta CC so do get free bags. That said, I would book the best times if pricing was similar.