Diamond entertainment tour

Sailing on the jan 13th Liberty of the Seas five nighter. I see that there is an entertainment tour offered to diamond members. What is it and who's done it?

It's a behind the scenes look at the production show process in the theater. It's usually given by some of the production cast and maybe the sound tech. Interesting look at the mechanics of putting on a show.

So much fun! Don't miss! It's very interesting if you're into behind the scenes, theater, and technical stuff. My husband and I have done this tour on a few different ships. The best tour was on the allure just because of the magnitude of everything. Basically they bring you to the theater and have an open forum with the production team and the performers. They give you a run thru how the shows are put on every night. It's a great way to ask questions you always wanted the answers to!

Sailing on the jan 13th Liberty of the Seas five nighter. I see that there is an entertainment tour offered to diamond members. What is it and who's done it?

It is only offered once and not on all cruises. If this is the last cruise for that cast it will not be offered at all.

Our experience has been that it's the last sea day. We went on EX, but skipped Allure. May go on Grandeur. We'll see. It's usually given around lunch time and on EX, we had heavy seas which meant the theater was moving a lot and I hadn't eaten for several hours. We left a little early so I could eat and settle my stomach. It's an interesting tour as the performers/techs give it. Lots of info about changing costumes, sets, etc.

It is only offered once and not on all cruises. If this is the last cruise for that cast it will not be offered at all.

I was on the EX earlier this year and it was the casts last sailing and they still offered the tour. However I just got off the EX again a few weeks ago and the tour wasn't offered and it wasn't their last sailing. I guess it just depends.

I was on the EX earlier this year and it was the casts last sailing and they still offered the tour. However I just got off the EX again a few weeks ago and the tour wasn't offered and it wasn't their last sailing. I guess it just depends.

LOL at me. I should know by now not to post in absolutes on anything regarding RCI!

We went on our first 'diamond' cruise last month on Explorer. I had read about this tour benefit, but we never heard a word about it. No note in room, no diamond lounge to ask about it, basically as far as we could tell, it never happened.

Is this something like giving a "secret handshake" to find out about it? :)

We went on our first 'diamond' cruise last month on Explorer. I had read about this tour benefit, but we never heard a word about it. No note in room, no diamond lounge to ask about it, basically as far as we could tell, it never happened.

From time to time, letters have not been delivered to our stateroom also. Next time, go talk with the LA early in the cruise and ask if the tour (and nightly Diamond event) are offered.

What sailing were you on on the Explorer?

From time to time, letters have not been delivered to our stateroom also. Next time, go talk with the LA early in the cruise and ask if the tour (and nightly Diamond event) are offered.

There was a nightly diamond event where we could get some wine/soda. But there were relatively few people there the times we went. We are off for another couple cruises in the next few months and will be looking for the letter in the room.

What sailing were you on on the Explorer?
We were on the Oct 27th Halloween cruise. It was a MUCH smoother trip than the Halloween cruise on Explorer in 2012 when we sailed through Hurricane Sandy....