The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

It might say at the bottom I have been moved up but everything else is still saying I am Select. :confused:

Coincidentally, using the new system on my previous cruises works out at only 115 points. :rolleyes:

You are still select Elite begins at 300 points.

They moved you up in numbers so that you were still within striking distance of Elite with one cruise (but it can't be a short one in an inside cabin :rolleyes: ).

They did not add points to change anybody's level to the next one.

Gotcha, it makes perfect sense now. Until you pointed out the obvious I read it completely different. :o I have one booked but still won't make Elite after taking that one which in fairness was going to be the same on the old system.

Edited by Wansbrough

I don't see anyone in the same situation as us.....under the old system, we WOULD BE ELITE for our Feb 2014 cruise (which was already paid in full) but under the new system, we will be required to either book an additional cruise or pay $250USD more EACH (and Celebrity is 'allowing us to do this as a favour') to achieve Elite......not quite the same as complaining about losing a perk we never used.......

I'm sort of - I would have been Select after our sailing in 3 weeks but now I'll be 10 points short. No ability to change my cabin selection which I paid more for in order to get the 1 extra credit to reach Select. They moved the goal post on me and said they can't do anything.

What's this about paying $250 more?

No one was given points to make them Elite just a bonus to put them in position to make Elite with one more cruise.

I am curious as to how you ended up with 296 points as the conversion was by multiples of ten?

I guess they had 9.866666666666666666... cruises in their history.

Thanks for this info. We are 4 points away from Elite under the new system and have been told by the Captain's Club Supervisor that no exceptions are being made......I see that is not true. Interesting to see that you were awarded 30 bonus points and we cannot be provided 4.

I can see where your confusion may come from the statement about moving up. I think they meant they were moving up your point total and you interpreted it as meaning they moved you up to Elite.

From ready many posts it appears bonus points were used to allow people to move up after there next cruise based on a seven night sailing in a verandah cabin.

I have the same situation, except with Elite +; but our cruise leaves in 2 weeks. I upgraded to CC for only $50 pp, so it was a no brainer for us.

I can see how that would have been okay at $50 each....but for $500?!?! I'm not sure how many would consider that.....Have a great cruise :)

No one was given points to make them Elite just a bonus to put them in position to make Elite with one more cruise.

I am curious as to how you ended up with 296 points as the conversion was by multiples of ten?

I spoke with Tammy, Captain's Club Supervisor at Celebrity today and was told we are at 286 currently and would receive 10 pts for our next cruise which would bring us to 296. Not a multiple of 10 is it? Can I ask where you read it was by multiples of 10?

The Captain's Club wasn't very helpful I must say. No explanation as to how the new system works etc and when I tried to access it numerous times online, there were more system errors....I know, not the first time for 'issues' on the X site.

Thanks

I'm sort of - I would have been Select after our sailing in 3 weeks but now I'll be 10 points short. No ability to change my cabin selection which I paid more for in order to get the 1 extra credit to reach Select. They moved the goal post on me and said they can't do anything.

What's this about paying $250 more?

Celebrity said today that 'as a favour to me' they would allow us to pay $250 more each to upgrade.....that's more than double what it would cost for our TA to upgrade us the same.

I spoke with Tammy, Captain's Club Supervisor at Celebrity today and was told we are at 286 currently and would receive 10 pts for our next cruise which would bring us to 296. Not a multiple of 10 is it? Can I ask where you read it was by multiples of 10?

The Captain's Club wasn't very helpful I must say. No explanation as to how the new system works etc and when I tried to access it numerous times online, there were more system errors....I know, not the first time for 'issues' on the X site.

Thanks

captains club was previously based on points. This new conversion was thirty new points for one old point a multiple of tens. There were no fractional points before. So I was curious how you end up with a conversion number that was not evenly divided by ten.

captains club was previously based on points. This new conversion was thirty new points for one old point a multiple of tens. There were no fractional points before. So I was curious how you end up with a conversion number that was not evenly divided by ten.

I'm curious too....but this is what was told to me today by the CClub.....we were at 9 pts not including the cruise we have booked for Feb/14 that was booked only to get us into Elite.....then we were going to book another European one and probably another Bermuda one for this year.

I can see how that would have been okay at $50 each....but for $500?!?! I'm not sure how many would consider that.....Have a great cruise :)

We just had the same situation with points and the ability to upgrade. For $500, I don't think I would do it. I would rather put that down on another cruise. Good luck!

I'm curious too....but this is what was told to me today by the CClub.....we were at 9 pts not including the cruise we have booked for Feb/14 that was booked only to get us into Elite.....then we were going to book another European one and probably another Bermuda one for this year.

What a deal.

We just had the same situation with points and the ability to upgrade. For $500, I don't think I would do it. I would rather put that down on another cruise. Good luck!

Thanks Mike! I thought that was a lot for a 5 night cruise!!! What does that work out to? $200USD more per night?!?!?! Yikes!!!!

Conversion for those with 9 credits was 9 x 30 = 270. They awarded those with 9 credits an extra 16 points for a total of 286. With just one 7-day cruise in a balcony they could still achieve Elite.

In posts about people getting bonuses, I have seen 16, 25 and 30 mentioned.

If you had 9 points, that would have given you 270 and you probably got 16 bonus points. Can you not see your profile page that explains the conversion?

So a cruise worth 14 points in the new system would take you to Elite. 5 days in balcony or up or 7 days in an inside or oceanview would do that. What is your next cruise that won't get that many points?

Thanks

I assume from the numbers posted that dobes3kh had 9 points (x30 = 270 club points) and was given 16 bonus points (which is what was given to people with 9 points) for a current total of 286 points. She is booked on an upcoming cruise that will give her 10 club points (5 nights in an inside cabin?) for a total of 296 club points, which is 4 points short of Elite.

Under the old system, she would have gotten 1 point for the 5-night cruise, which, when added to her 9 points, would have made her Elite at the end of the 5-night cruise.

If she can upgrade to a veranda, she will have 286 + 15 = 301 points and will be Elite at the end of the upcoming 5-night cruise.

Everyone that had 9 cruises was given a "bonus" of 16 points.

9 x 30 = 270 + 16 +286.

Their next cruise must be 5 days in an inside cabin so that's 10 points, which leaves them 4 points short.

If they upgraded to a veranda they'd get 15 new points and just make it.

I think the people who are experiencing the most changes are those who book short cruises in inside cabins. Before she would have gotten a whole point for the cruise, thus moving her from 9 to 10.

Sorry Elena

We were posting at the same time (and had the exact same thoughts!)

Edited by chamima

In posts about people getting bonuses, I have seen 16, 25 and 30 mentioned.

If you had 9 points, that would have given you 270 and you probably got 16 bonus points. Can you not see your profile page that explains the conversion?

So a cruise worth 14 points in the new system would take you to Elite. 5 days in balcony or up or 7 days in an inside or oceanview would do that. What is your next cruise that won't get that many points?

There is nothing on my profile page at all! Is this something they're still updating and I can expect to see a change shortly?

Our upcoming cruise will be our second cruise as "elite" members. I read through the benefits for the "elite tier" and notice something we did not encounter on our last cruise. What is a cruise departure lounge with complimentary breakfast? I remember that on our last cruise we searched for the elite breakfast on debarkation day but found the location to be reserved for B2B passengers, so we waited in the theater for our number to be called.

Everyone that had 9 cruises was given a "bonus" of 16 points.

9 x 30 = 270 + 16 +286.

Their next cruise must be 5 days in an inside cabin so that's 10 points, which leaves them 4 points short.

If they upgraded to a veranda they'd get 15 new points and just make it.

I think the people who are experiencing the most changes are those who book short cruises in inside cabins. Before she would have gotten a whole point for the cruise, thus moving her from 9 to 10.

Actually, as I mentioned in my first post on this subject, all of our cruises had been balcony, AQ or CC....never anything below a balcony. The entire purpose of booking this cruise was that we only needed 1 point to achieve Elite. All that required (as part of the previous tier system) was to book a cruise.....that was it!

I don't see anyone in the same situation as us.....under the old system, we WOULD BE ELITE for our Feb 2014 cruise (which was already paid in full) but under the new system, we will be required to either book an additional cruise or pay $250USD more EACH (and Celebrity is 'allowing us to do this as a favour') to achieve Elite......not quite the same as complaining about losing a perk we never used.......

Looking at the info you provide has me making some assumptions so feel free to correct me if the assumptions are incorrect

You had nine points under the old system

You booked either an inside or an ocean view five night February sailing on the Constellation to earn the one point you needed

Now under the new system that inside/ocean view will only earn you 10 points which will still leave you short of Elite.

Now here is where it gets a little murky, your statement that you have 286 new points. Maybe Celebrity awarded you 16 bonus points. You would have to check your celebrity captains club page to find out.

Another assumption then, If they did and you have the 286 all you need to do is upgrade to the Lowest cost Verandah. Under the new system any Verandah is worth three points per night. On a five night cruise fifteen points putting you one point over the Elite threshold.

I am guessing here but I would think that upgrade could be had for less then $250 per person. Then again all the assumptions I have made to this point maybe wrong. In any case best of luck and either way you will have Elite very soon.

Edited by maxsales

There is nothing on my profile page at all! Is this something they're still updating and I can expect to see a change shortly?

Yes. People have had different problems with their browsers. But you should see something very much like post # 668 except your numbers should have been 9 credits earned converted to 270 points + 16 bonus points.

Unfortunately (if our assumptions are correct about your upcoming cruise being 5 nights in an inside cabin) you are caught up in that area of change the new program was designed to "correct". That of shorter cruises being equal to longer ones (4 or 5-day cruises had the same value as 10 or 11-day cruises).

Maybe Celebrity would offer you a "courtesy" cheap upgrade.

Edited by bob278