Royal Princess Review Caribbean November 10, 2013

dedosr

Thank you for the review. I read that the power in the cabin goes off when you leave the cabin but did this affect the air conditioner staying on?

Suggestion: Use another type card in the slot when you are in the room. an example would be, we used the hotel room card in the slot to activate the lights. When we left we just lifted it out some and it stayed in the slot on an angle, and then we we returned, we just straightened the card and put it in the slot and the lights came on.

When removed, it did not turn off the air conditioning. As a point of interest, the a/c worked very good, and actually my wife was freezing. I had to raise the temp.

I have 2 brothers that served on the Oriskany way before your time. They go to the reunion almost every year.

As you may know, Oriskany was scuttled a few years ago off the coast of Pensacola and used extensively by divers. A far better end than being turned into razor blades. ;)

A far better end than being turned into razor blades. ;)

In 1972 the Oriskany was to relieve us (Midway) on Yankee Station so we could have R&R in Singapore. We were told the Oriskany lost a screw so we were extended & thus missed Singapore. :(

We could dive the Oriskany however it's easier to visit the Midway in SD. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

In 1972 the Oriskany was to relieve us (Midway) on Yankee Station so we could have R&R in Singapore. We were told the Oriskany lost a screw so we were extended & thus missed Singapore. :(

We could dive the Oriskany however it's easier to visit the Midway in SD. ;)

The screw issue was a result of crappy work at Hunters Point. We lost one in the Tonkin Gulf and went to drydock in Yokoska to have it replaced. Back on the line a week and lost another one. Back to Yokoska to replace them ALL.

Another lifetime - seems a hundred years ago.;)

The screw issue was a result of crappy work at Hunters Point. We lost one in the Tonkin Gulf and went to drydock in Yokoska to have it replaced. Back on the line a week and lost another one. Back to Yokoska to replace them ALL.

Another lifetime - seems a hundred years ago.;)

After 4 years of Hunters Point dry-dock the Midway's 1st crossing in 1971 ripped a hole in the the forward elevator's sponson deck. The good thing was it resulted in an extended 5 days in Pearl Harbor during my 1st visit to Hawaii. Arriving at sunrise at PH from the flight deck of a carrier is a sight I'll never forget.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Oh one more thing, those who have low pressure in the shower, it's a quick fix. Either a call to PS and they send someone to remove the flow restrictor, or in my case, I removed it myself. We then had great pressure.:):)

How did you do that?

The hand held shower just unscrews from the hose. In the bottom of the handle is the flow restrictor. I used the nail file part of a nail clipper to remove it. Then just screw it back together. Works perfectly.

The hand held shower just unscrews from the hose. In the bottom of the handle is the flow restrictor. I used the nail file part of a nail clipper to remove it. Then just screw it back together. Works perfectly.

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can manage to pry it out without a nail clipper. Not sure if I'm allowed one on the plane or not?

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can manage to pry it out without a nail clipper. Not sure if I'm allowed one on the plane or not?

I keep a small one, the kind you see at the register in the drug store, in my backpack that I carry on the plane. I have never had an issue even as far back as 2002 when they were really cracking down. I also bring a full manicure set with cork screw and sissors that is packed in my checked luggage.

I had mine in a checked bag. If not checking bags, you could probably us a fork prong or knife that room service brings you if you order something.