Double credits for Vista Suites???

LindaM

I asked the question if I get double points for a verandah cabin on Prinsendam. I was told, only "suites" qualify. I just looked at my booking and my category is now called "Vista Suites". Does that mean we now qualify? According to some people, regular verandahs on the other ships qualify for double points.

I asked the question if I get double points for a verandah cabin on Prinsendam. I was told, only "suites" qualify. I just looked at my booking and my category is now called "Vista Suites". Does that mean we now qualify? According to some people, regular verandahs on the other ships qualify for double points.

Linda,

the Vista Suites on the other ships (the S & R) qualify for the double mariner points. Logically, the ones on the Prinsendam should since they do carry the name.

The only thing that concerns me is that while the other ships have an S (Neptune Suite) and a Vista Suite, there is nothing in between.

On the Prinsendam there is not just the S, but also the Signature Suites (SY and SS) and then the Vistas. So, it is a bit confusing on this ship as there is a step in between which has always qualified for the double points and I don't believe the verandahs did on this ship in the past.

Theoretically, they should but because this ship has the different categories, I be very tempted to contact the Mariner's society to get a definitive answer.

Any cabin on any ship with the word suite in the name should qualify. However, on the P'dam deck plans post 5/10/14 the A through BC cabins do not have that word, so I believe they still do not qualify.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=pr_2&deck=up&deep=0

and

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=pr_2&deck=p&deep=0

On those deck plans I find only Neptune and Signature Suites ... no Vistas!

Also HERE the A through BC do not have Vista or suite in the name.

Edited by jtl513

I think HAL may be changing the names of the cabin categories... I recently got a mailer from a local TA which priced out Insides, Ocean Views, Vista suites, Signature Suites, and Neptune suites. I thought the TA was confused but there may be something coming down the pipeline.

Edited by startwin

I had the same question on the Veendam and called the Mariner society rep and they said yes if its a vista suite and is so listed then you get double points, that was 2 weeks ago. Give them a call they will have that information. Have a great cruise.:)

Good news for me!! The HAL rep I spoke with said that starting in May, the Vista Suites on Pdam will now qualify for double points!!

I may get to be a 4 star before they put it out to pasture. Hopefully, that won't happen for a long time.

Good news for me!! The HAL rep I spoke with said that starting in May, the Vista Suites on Pdam will now qualify for double points!!

I may get to be a 4 star before they put it out to pasture. Hopefully, that won't happen for a long time.

Awesome - thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Now maybe, just maybe, I can lure someone on our cruise;)

We were just in a Vista suite on the Ryndam. We checked a couple of days after we got home and they did not give us the double days. So I called them and their answer was that we had originally booked an oceanview and then upgraded so were not eligible. When I explained that it was not a flash sale nor an upsell and we paid the price that was on their website for 7 months following my booking they checked into it and agreed. I was then awarded the extra days. Moral of story: if you're not awarded double days call and ask about it.

We have done exactly the same thing on our upcoming Maasdam cruise, however the upgrade price was not the full price originally the cabin was priced at. Also we got a OBC of $500, so how does this compare to your situation? Do we have a chance to get the extra days?

We have done exactly the same thing on our upcoming Maasdam cruise, however the upgrade price was not the full price originally the cabin was priced at. Also we got a OBC of $500, so how does this compare to your situation? Do we have a chance to get the extra days?
The policy says "Suite Bonus – Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise". Upsells that are not the full price are not published fares.

I am just hoping there was a chance because we are so close to the 4 star level, that the extra days would help it happen sooner. O well we will have to go on another cruise then. Our next cruise in Sept. 2014 has the Explore4 promotion so that is going to make it tough too because we won't get credit the refreshment charges that we will drink.

The policy says "Suite Bonus – Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise". Upsells that are not the full price are not published fares.

The rep. told me May 2014 was when this was going into effect for Vista Suites on Prinsendam. I guess they are renaming the regular verandahs.

What confused me was that Rotterdam was mentioned as NOT being included in that classification. Another ship was mentioned---but I don't remember the name. What is there about Rotterdam verandahs that are different---so double points for them will NOT be in effect?? Are some verandahs given a different name on that ship?

The rep. told me May 2014 was when this was going into effect for Vista Suites on Prinsendam. I guess they are renaming the regular verandahs.

What confused me was that Rotterdam was mentioned as NOT being included in that classification. Another ship was mentioned---but I don't remember the name. What is there about Rotterdam verandahs that are different---so double points for them will NOT be in effect?? Are some verandahs given a different name on that ship?

Very odd. A through BQ cabins are already called Vista Suites or Verandah Suites, and should qualify. Maybe the rep meant that they wouldn't be reclassifying them in 2014.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=rt&deck=v&deep=0

Edited by jtl513

What I don't understand is the BB cabin we have booked for Dec. on the Maasdam is already classed as a BQ per our documents, but the deck plan says it is not yet. We are not really looking for a BQ but that is what Hal gave us.

In our case the price for the Vista Suite was almost double when we originally booked. 3 months after we booked the price of the suites came down to within $500 each of what we had paid for the ocean view so we changed our reservation. The price for the vista suite was the fare quoted on HAL and remained the same price for the next 7 months. Therefore I guess they considered it a published fare. Since we weren't after final payment we could have cancelled and rebooked (which I reminded them of when I called). Not sure if this relates to your situation.

Yes it does, the price dropped to within $800 of our original booking price per cabin. We will have to wait and see what they credit us with. It was quite a savings so I won't complain if we don't get extra.

Yes it does, the price dropped to within $800 of our original booking price per cabin. We will have to wait and see what they credit us with. It was quite a savings so I won't complain if we don't get extra.

I would make a copy of the price listing from the HAL website if I were you. If the new price you paid is a listed price and not a flash sale I think you will qualify the same as we did. (and if it's not a price given after final payment) You may have to call and argue the point though. They were very nice about it when I did and agreed that I was right.

• 2 years later...
Does it count on the Amsterdam?

You certainly must have searched reviving this old thread ;)

Information in it is still accurate though.

Yes, it will count on the Amsterdam. As long as the word "suite" is in the title of your cabin it counts :)

Edited by kazu

You do not get double points if it is an upsell, only if you pay full price. If that is not true then Hal owes us some points. We have had several upgrades (upsells) but did not get any extra points towards mariner status.