Barcelona hotels

KikiKruiser

Whatever it is, you'd be better off getting one on your own probably.

We stay at the Hotel Continental or Palacete which runs around 100-120 euros a night. Agreed not five stars but clean and convenient on Las Ramblas. Free food, free beer/wine/water/soda/internet. 5.50 euro ride pp on the autobus to the plaza a block from the hotel and 15 or so euro's to the port. HOHO bus at the plaza.

Tucker in Texas

Our overnight hotel was near the airport - Frontair Congress, only cost 57 euro. Excellent hotel, although out in the sticks. The great advantage was it provided free transportation on an hourly basis into the centre of Barcelona. Also it was an easy walk to a very large Superstore nearby where we bought our wine and other goodie for the cruise - would highly recommend. (use Google map- 08830 St.Boi de Llobregat - street view shows its ideal location)

Also taxi transport in and fro the port is expensive with many rip-off taxi drivers who add on costs which are totally unreasonable. Highly recommend your pre-arrange your transport prior to arrival - we used www.cruisingexcursions.com which were prompt, efficient and relatively cheap.

Edited by mickey89

Just steps off Plaza Catalonya(sp) Some good restaurants on side streets, and a Starbucks next door. Prefer a room on the street facing the opening to the hotel. We had breakfast with our package. Nice bar also. The second time we stayed there, as a return guest, a bottle of Champagne and Chocolates were found in our room. Prices will vary in Barcelona, so where ever you book keep checking the price, I think I updated my booking twice to get a substantially lower price.

Lots of good hotels in Barcelona, make sure they have a lift to get luggage to and from street. I tried one, I think was listed/posted here, you had to climb several feet of stairs, before you got to a lift.

From the Regina, the cab to the port was $25 euros, the hotel called the cab, I though it was a bit high, after taking a cab to another hotel for the post hotel which was only 15 euros.

We stayed at the Hotel Continental as well. Clean, Inexpensive, great location right in the middle of Las Ramblas, lots of character! Very close to the metro. Perfect (for us) for a pre or post cruise night or two. Definitely not 5 stars but we had a balcony overlooking Las Ramblas and it was perfecto! We also needed a hotel that had quads. They are a scarcity in Europe but Hotel Continental does. They also have a free 24 hour food and drink(beer/wine) buffet. I wouldn't want to make it my only source of nourishment but it was great for snacking on the way in and out of the hotel!

We've stayed at a different hotel each time we've been to Barcelona, including some of the hotels listed above. There are a huge number of hotels in Barcelona including many smaller hotels. So there are lots to choose from over a wide range of price levels.

I would agree that you'll be better off choosing your own hotel both for the cost (cruise lines charge a much higher rate than booking directly) and making sure that your hotel is in a good location. Taxis are readily available in the city center for trips to the airport or cruise terminal and are not too expensive.

The best advice I can give you is to check the location on maps such as Google Maps and to pick a hotel that is within walking distance of the Placa Catalunya, the nearby Gothic Quarter or the El Born district. These three areas are actually all within walking distance of each other and there is lots to see within these areas along with many hotels, restaurants and shops. Being in this area where you can just walk out your door and "be there" is so much nicer than having to take transportation to this area. When we were lookinging for hotels in the past I found a Barcelona travel web site which would allow you to see the hotels on a map based on the area of Barcelona and search for them by area. The site supported different languages including English. Don't recall the name of the site but a little searching with Google might find it or something similar and it listed more hotels than the USA based travel booking web sites.

Edited by Lsimon

We were 'forced' to use a Celebrity hotel there a few years ago; paid $500+ to stay at The Majestic and were assigned a room overlooking the AC equipment. Total ripoff.

On our next cruise, we stayed at the fantastic Hotel 1898 right on Las Ramblas for $300. Quite a difference. In subsequent trips we have rented an apartment close to Barceloneta.

You will definitely want to be along Las Ramblas/Gothic Quarter/Placa Catalunya. Maybe 20 +/- euros to the port in a cab. So much to see/do there!! I love Barcelona.

Check out Hotel Colon --- it's right in the middle of the Gothic Quarter, looks out on the cathedral and is close by a taxi stand and the hop on/hop off bus stop. We paid extra for a room overlooking the cathedral, it was lovely, well worth the extra cost. Hotel has a bar, restaurant, street cafe, elevator, and is close to most of the main attractions and many restaurants and bars. One of our favorite hotels ever. Often the cruise line hotels are over priced and far from the sites you'll want to see, well worth it to do some research and book your own.

Edited by cynbar

We stayed at the Hilton Barcelona and got a great rate during an after Christmas sale. The rate included breakfast. We did upgrade to Club level and enjoyed the evening with a lot of cruisers. The Hop on and Off Bus stops at the Hotel. Great Hotel and Service but away from all the tourist attractions. There's a mall across the street with more reasonable lunch and dinner options.