Celebrity Press Release 11/22/13 - Future Cruise Vacations

Andy

travelberlin;

I wonder why Celebrity is reducing the onboard credit for Transatlantics this much.

Probably because they cost less to start with, so they don't need the incentive to encourage people to book!

I was told by Celebrity U.K that they NO LONGER GIVE ON BOARD CREDIT ( since the beginning of 2013) the only way to get it is by booking on board.

This is why I questioned the Terms & Conditions when on board, as I very much doubt that we in UK will be able to change a cruise booked under the Reserved Passage scheme.

We can still get OBC if we book with a large TA, who buy in bulk.

Edited by upwarduk

If one doesn't like the new open passages program, one could just book a cruise that is way out....and then change that cruise to one you want to actually take at some later point. I believe the reserved passage OBC will move with the reservation (adjusted for length of cruise) and you can combine it with one other perk. Or...if you decide not to cruise, just cancel the reservation and get your $200 back.

I don't think that will work for those of us that reside outside of North America.

I don't think that will work for those of us that reside outside of North America.

True.

I've rooted out the flyer -- the small print says that US and Canadian guests can cancel/change up to 75 days prior;

but that "guests of other countries should contact the Future Cruise Sales Team for country specific information".

That usually means that terms does not apply. :(

We booked while on Summit in October. We had this same system. As we intended to book aqua, we got what we thought was a pretty good deal. The future cruise person went out of her way to mention the TA at the time of booking and removed it. Maybe we were lucky, but the future cruise person did a very nice job for us. We ended up shifting the booking to the same TA when we returned.

Ohiodoglover

This information is important. I think more people should be aware that the transatlantic/transpacific and repositioning cruises will only allow US 50 OBC.

It's more than $50 if you book an actual sailing while onboard. It's only if you do an "open" reservation that it's $50. So if you know the cruise you are interested in, book it and you will get a higher OBC. And as another poster mentioned, you could also just book a random cruise and then change it later. It should still remain as a "reserved" cruise.

It's more than $50 if you book an actual sailing while onboard. It's only if you do an "open" reservation that it's $50. So if you know the cruise you are interested in, book it and you will get a higher OBC. And as another poster mentioned, you could also just book a random cruise and then change it later. It should still remain as a "reserved" cruise.

Are you sure about this? I remember reading that the US 50 applies for both, reserved and open.