Just back from 3 nite Divina 1st time from Miami - Fireworks and more!

sharecruises

We must have been on different cruises because I thought the food was horrible. Everything was mush, including the pastas, bland and unappealing. I left a lot of plates unfinished because I couldn't eat it. The inconsistency in the drinks is a problem. My Bloody Mary's were not too good. I would order a Bacardi and diet and they would bring it in a small glass and when I order a second, I got it in a large glass which = too much soda. I too had been on the Poesia, twice and was so looking forward to see what changes they had made. It certainly wasn't the food and eating dinner at 9pm is not going to go over well with the U.S. clients.

A shame some of those people on the 3 night jolly did not do the 18 night repo cruise! it would be interesting to read their thoughts then, though there was at least one travel agent from Miami onboard i hope he posts a review.

A shame some of those people on the 3 night jolly did not do the 18 night repo cruise! it would be interesting to read their thoughts then, though there was at least one travel agent from Miami onboard i hope he posts a review.

i'm sorry - but did u read the original thread - this was not ur cruise and u continue to make negative comments on THIS cruise thread -

i must say that if waiting for ur luggage and having travel agents on your cruise the last day of your cruise was primarily your only complaints - and this is all i am reading - then either i would way u had a wonderful cruise - or some people are not just not meant to travel...

have been at many === many all inclusive resort hotels where travel agents did a sight inspection - so what??? - did it destory my holiday - by means did it - - - you just need to move on.... please .... give the Divina a chance in this market - for those passengers that are spending 1000's of $$$ on upcoming cruises dont need to your hear about your ranting - lets hear about the other 17 days - - - - it could not have been that bad.... - maybe you need to appreciate that you could afford to take a cruise, let alone a vacation, when so many people around the world cant afford to do what you just did - - - - not because of laziness in life, but due to changing ways of in economics or coming from a country whereby you make 20.00 / month - really - travel agents aboard a ship the last day.....you need a real reality check...

this being said, i truly understand your complaints, however nothing is going to be corrected on this board - direct your complaints directly to MSC - i have said this before, WHY AM I ONLY READING COMPLAINTS FOR 4- 6 PASSENGERS ON THIS SAILING - when there was 4000 passengers - - -

so i say - PLEASE READ THE INITIAL THREAD!!!! - and direct your anger and disappoinment in anther direction.....

We must have been on different cruises because I thought the food was horrible. Everything was mush, including the pastas, bland and unappealing. I left a lot of plates unfinished because I couldn't eat it. The inconsistency in the drinks is a problem. My Bloody Mary's were not too good. I would order a Bacardi and diet and they would bring it in a small glass and when I order a second, I got it in a large glass which = too much soda. I too had been on the Poesia, twice and was so looking forward to see what changes they had made. It certainly wasn't the food and eating dinner at 9pm is not going to go over well with the U.S. clients.

You didn't have the huge shrimp cocktail? the scallops and risotto? Fettucini Alfredo - they make the fettucinni on board....the lasagna Bolganese? Eggplant parm? Steaks? Salmon...Pork ...lobster tails??

You could always complain if you don't like the drink - I found a great bartender at pool deck...had one of the best Bloody Mary's on our sea day

well they clearly said...and it has been posted over and over....US clients will NOT be eating at 9 pm in the US sailings....yes it was unfortunate that we had to have such a late seating, and double stupid that we had to wait and wait to even get in the first night.....but...that has NO bearing on the food and no bearing on future cruises

I would tell others to give Divina a try - beautiful ship, fabulous entertainment, yummy food...super reasonable rates (until the "secret" is out LOL).....many many changes to accomodate US tastes and standards

At a time when other lines are cutting back drastically MSC has a full entertainment staff, reasonable drink prices and deals, and higher quality food IMHO

to each their own I guess = I wrote this review to reflect MY experiences

thanks

Oh a few goodies I forgot

we had the MSC printed heavy plastic paper bag on each bed...with a cute little pair of sunglasses in a cool little fabric bag with the Diva picture/logo on it....a "diva" pin to commemorate and a little diva notepad :) Nice little gift for all from MSC

My group was lucky and most got upgrade - free - from inside to outside, outside to balcony, balcony to delux :)

that was nice too.....thanks MSC

I will be on the cruise Dec 7th and Feb 15. Unless it turns into a real life episode from "The Deadliest Catch", this is a VACATION and I can't wait to step onboard! I will not be working! I will doing something fun, unlike my structured daily routine that I would otherwise be doing at home. How bad can life be when you're on a cruise.

After 40 + cruises over the past 30yrs, I can honestly say that I have never felt the need to say that my VACATION was ruined/flawed because of the choice of colors in a public room, the speed of an elevator, or the size of a shrimp on my appetizer plate. If every cruise was perfect, then why would we bother trying other ships and cruise lines. It's all about being "Wow'd" over and over again that has everyone looking for a new ship to sail. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, then chalk it up and don’t' go back. :)

Question for Sharecruises: How was the dress code followed by the majority of the ladies and gentleman's on this 3 day sailing. Suite, business casual, or more relaxed wear for dinner?

i'm sorry - but did u read the original thread - this was not ur cruise and u continue to make negative comments on THIS cruise thread -

I did not realise that you people had a monopoly on the threads on CC with the little cliques that have appeared! and had the ship been where it should have been the only people on board would have the passengers and crew!

HANNIBAL ... maybe they did not read that far !

Edited by sidari

Now that would be considered quite weird (or even rude) in Europe. I certainly would not like it.

Anyway, I've been on the Liberty of the Seas and I honestly don't think no server would do such thing in the buffet, since they all seem to be super busy clearing tables and doing their jobs.

I have just came back from a transatlantic with the Liberty of the Seas and in several ocasions I was helped by the personnel working there. I was looking for green tea, which appears to finish quite fast at the buffet and at least twice a waiter brought them to me from another station. Also the restaurant manager did it once.

Some of you people have a damned cheek, you go on and all expenses paid junket for a few days and then come on here and telling not just me but others that we should be grateful for having our holiday cut short by sitting in a port when we should have been elsewhere just so the cruise line could have an advertising day while telling me the day in Miami was for my benefit!

I did not pay out my hard earned money for this cruise so that the cruise line could lie to me about the reason they wanted the ship in port a day early.

Honesty is something that clearly does not have a high priority for the customers.

As for how many people have posted so far you clearly have not taken into account that some traveled halfway around the world and may not yet be home while others are likely back at their work and will in time add their thoughts.

The percentage of people out of those onboard who will post or write a review will be very small simply due to the fact that the passengers were made up of people who will have never heard of or know about cruise critic.

It may even be likely that those on the first seven night sailing will post reviews before those on the transatlantic cruise,both will be significantly different i would expect but that remains to be seen.

Some of you people have a damned cheek, you go on and all expenses paid junket for a few days and then come on here and telling not just me but others that we should be grateful for having our holiday cut short by sitting in a port when we should have been elsewhere just so the cruise line could have an advertising day while telling me the day in Miami was for my benefit!

I did not pay out my hard earned money for this cruise so that the cruise line could lie to me about the reason they wanted the ship in port a day early.

Honesty is something that clearly does not have a high priority for the customers.

As for how many people have posted so far you clearly have not taken into account that some traveled halfway around the world and may not yet be home while others are likely back at their work and will in time add their thoughts.

The percentage of people out of those onboard who will post or write a review will be very small simply due to the fact that the passengers were made up of people who will have never heard of or know about cruise critic.

It may even be likely that those on the first seven night sailing will post reviews before those on the transatlantic cruise,both will be significantly different i would expect but that remains to be seen.

well said, these people don't get it, they was used just like we was, only they had more money spent on their 3 day to impress them and it obviously worked with the majority, the main factor here will be consistency, from our cruise to Miami then the 3 day its gonna be hard

No I don't "get it"?>????

"cheek"??? I was NOT on an all expense paid junket

I am not a travel agent

I wrote about MY 3 night cruise, the fireworks, the fun I had, what I liked and didn't like

why don't YOU start a thread about your transatlantic and missing Nassau>??

This is getting stupid

Example - Carnival Splendor was once "stuck in the water">> should those who were pizzed off about that post on every Splendor review??

Carnival Legend once missed all but one port and people were upset...should every new Legend review have that thrown about??

Yes....MSC is known for screwing up things...I am the first to say that LOL

but..

at some point you have to get over it or take it up with them

I have to laugh at people here who are trying to figure out each detail of their cruise= with MSC you won't be happy if you do that as they usually give many different answers

if you can go with the flow...do the Italian shoulder shrug, say "que sera sera" you have a better time

that is what I did and I loved Divina

I had a few "friends' who could not get over a washcloth and late dining and they can keep crying

I really don't care but why not start your own thread?

Did you read the comments after the review?

Yes...it confirms inconsistency. I'm confident in time it will work out. It's also about expectations. 2014 will be quite the year in South Florida with so many ships to chose from year round. We'll see what happens :)

Happy cruising people!

No I don't "get it"?>????

"cheek"??? I was NOT on an all expense paid junket

I am not a travel agent

I wrote about MY 3 night cruise, the fireworks, the fun I had, what I liked and didn't like

why don't YOU start a thread about your transatlantic and missing Nassau>??

This is getting stupid

Example - Carnival Splendor was once "stuck in the water">> should those who were pizzed off about that post on every Splendor review??

Carnival Legend once missed all but one port and people were upset...should every new Legend review have that thrown about??

Yes....MSC is known for screwing up things...I am the first to say that LOL

but..

at some point you have to get over it or take it up with them

I have to laugh at people here who are trying to figure out each detail of their cruise= with MSC you won't be happy if you do that as they usually give many different answers

if you can go with the flow...do the Italian shoulder shrug, say "que sera sera" you have a better time

that is what I did and I loved Divina

I had a few "friends' who could not get over a washcloth and late dining and they can keep crying

I really don't care but why not start your own thread?

"que sera sera" just going with the flow :cool: