Quick review of 6 day Breeze trip.

We just returned from the Breeze. This was our 8th cruise, and we have cruised on 4 different cruise lines. The Breeze is a beautiful ship, with outstanding amenities. We loved many things about it. Some highs: The food in the main dining rooms, the buffet areas, Cucina del Capitano, and the RedFrog Pub. Our balcony cabin was clean and fresh looking, and the cabin steward and his team were great. Getting on and off the ship was always quick and easy. The hot tubs on deck 5 were nice, although often crowded. We enjoyed the bars and club areas, and everything in between. We have never been on a ship with as many outside areas for sitting. The lows: The shows were terrible! We went to several of the shows in the Ovation Theater, and wish we had skipped them all. We also wished that there was an adult only pool. The two small pools were not enough for the thousands of passengers. Also, by the afternoon the pools were cloudy looking. First thing in the morning they were clear and clean, but they didn't stay that way for long!

We enjoyed the ports, and thanks to CC we were well prepared. We went on a private excursion to Gibbs Cay in Grand Turk, did the Blue Hole and river tubing with Peat Taylor in Jamaica, and went to the Sheraton in Nassau.

We had a great vacation and will spend some time today looking for our next destination.

We just returned from the Breeze. This was our 8th cruise, and we have cruised on 4 different cruise lines. The Breeze is a beautiful ship, with outstanding amenities. We loved many things about it. Some highs: The food in the main dining rooms, the buffet areas, Cucina del Capitano, and the RedFrog Pub. Our balcony cabin was clean and fresh looking, and the cabin steward and his team were great. Getting on and off the ship was always quick and easy. The hot tubs on deck 5 were nice, although often crowded. We enjoyed the bars and club areas, and everything in between. We have never been on a ship with as many outside areas for sitting. The lows: The shows were terrible! We went to several of the shows in the Ovation Theater, and wish we had skipped them all. We also wished that there was an adult only pool. The two small pools were not enough for the thousands of passengers. Also, by the afternoon the pools were cloudy looking. First thing in the morning they were clear and clean, but they didn't stay that way for long!

We enjoyed the ports, and thanks to CC we were well prepared. We went on a private excursion to Gibbs Cay in Grand Turk, did the Blue Hole and river tubing with Peat Taylor in Jamaica, and went to the Sheraton in Nassau.

We had a great vacation and will spend some time today looking for our next destination.

Thanks for your review.

What exactly did you do at the Sheraton? How were you able to book this? My DH and I are looking for options in case we decide not to do Atlantis. Thanks

Thanks for your review. Can you tell us more about your excursions?

In Grand Turk we had massage appointments at Oceanscapes Spa, which was right on the beach close to the port. We had booked that ahead. After the massages we went out on a small boat - this was not pre-arranged - Captain Tim was standing with a sign, and we chatted with him for a bit, then went to Gibbs Cay. There we went snorkelling and spent some time on an island beach. Very beautiful.

In Jamaica we went with Peat Taylor, pre-arranged. The Blue Hole was beautiful. We were there for 2 hours, jumping into the water and climbing up waterfalls. From there we went river tubing, which was a blast. Peat dropped us off at the port at about 4, which gave us time to look around the shops.

In Nassau we took a taxi to the Sheraton. It was $20.00 plus a tip for 4 adults. We rented a room for the day - for 4 adults it was $120.00. We were able to lock up our things in the room safe, and had a nice clean place to change into our suits. The Sheraton is old, but the beach was beautiful and we were able to use the pools also. We went to Atlantis the last time we were in Nassau, and found it crowded and busy. The Sheraton was peaceful and fun! We swam in the ocean and went in every pool.

i think i was on your cruise! :p

it was my first cruise ever and i had a great time. i got kind of sick of the buffet food after a while but there were plenty of other options. my favorite was the free pasta bar for lunch at the italian place. i got chicken alfredo and it was delicious!

we didnt pre-plan or book an excursions through carnival which in my opinion, was a good move... we decided to just "wing it." so this is what we did:

Grand Turk- literally right where you get off the boat there was a free beach. plenty of room and free chairs. margaritaville is just steps away with a huge pool, too. we walked down the beach about 30 seconds and found people offering snorkeling for $40 a person so we took it! we were waiting for about 15 minutes for the boat to come pick us up. when they got there they asked if my sister and i wanted a free ride (on one of those float type things that they pull you through the water really fast. not sure of the proper name lol ) we said yes and it was so much fun! especially for free LOL! after that they took just my family and i on a small boat. they brought us to the same two places that the carnival booked excursions went. they fed the sand sharks and even let us pet them which was super cool. this was great because it was just us instead of a large group of people all snorkeling at once which looked... crowded. and our was almost half the price.

jamaica-all we did was shop this day. there was plenty of places to go but a lot of the stores sold the same things (which i also found true in nassau). the greatest part though was you could barter things very easily and very very cheap. got a lot of nice gifts for friends back home and didnt spend more than $75. my sister found that you could even barter quite a bit on pricey jewelry. i didnt see any free beaches here and i spoke to someone later that day that went to a paid beach and he said they left after 10 minutes because it was so rocky and gross.

nassau-first went to a free beach that was about a 5 minute walk from the port on the other side of the Hilton hotel. you had to rent chairs but we just brought towels to sit on. there were a lot of little food/drink shacks there and the prices were really good; i got a pina colada for $5! definitely beats the $10 frozen drinks on the ship lol. after the beach we got lunch at Senor Frogs. the food was pricey (pretty much every meal was at least $15) and the drinks were a lot too. BUT if youre looking for somewhere to party... its here... the atmosphere was really really fun! there was a lot of dancing and singing and conga lines lined with free shots! i didnt participate but there was free shots everywhere. people didnt seem belligerent, just happy. family friendly too. they called the kids onto the stage to do the wobble and some other dances. after lunch we shopped a little. idk the shopping on all 3 islands was pretty similar in my opinion so im indifferent.

Hello. Can you please tell me if you know the name of the person or company you went with to snorkel in grand turk? I am leaving this Sunday and that sounds like exactly what i want to do. Thank you!!

Oops! i believe it was Oasis. it was literally just a woman sitting in a chair with an umbrella and snorkels around her.

Thanks for the review.

Indeed, The Breeze is a beautiful vessel.

Even more indeed, the "shows" are pathetic.

meh yeah i guess i agree. i didnt really know what to expect. i think it had a lot to do with the crowd too. the motown one was good and everyone was singing along. the divas show (the one i was most looking forward to because im a huge beyonce fan) was AWFUL. horrible song choices ( a lot were not from artists that i considered "divas") and they just didnt perform well. one of the female lead performers who seemed to have quite a few solos in all 3 shows (she kinda looked like katy perry)... had a pretty bad/weird voice. i really dont understand why she got so many solos? maybe she knows somebody because... yikes. the other performers voices were much nicer.

I was on the Epic in Nassau with you, and saw the Breeze come in at POM very early on Saturday morning. She will definitely be ou choice for our next family vacation.

I do wish that Carnival spent a litle extra money on their shows.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Edited by soccersharon