Who's the best cd?

Richard78

So, me and my family just got off The Freedom of the Seas. We have cruised many times before but we were shocked at how much we loved our cruise director (Richard Spacey). The cd position has never before seemed to make a big difference as to how much we enjoyed the cruise but Richard actually really added to our cruise. We enjoyed him so much that we made sure we never missed his morning show. He was hilarious. What do you guys think? Who has been your favorite?

I agree. We could not tell you the name of any other cruise director before we sailed with Richard Spacey on the Explorer in Oct 2012. He made the CD relevant to us.

His assistant was named Leigh. He is still on the Explorer as the CD. I read a recent review and the OP was saying how hilarious he was. I thought--yep, he learned his craft from Richard Spacey.

We just returned from a TA. I think the CD was pretty good--but, not special. Now I compare all of them to Richard Spacey. That is not a good thing for them.

What kind of salary do they go? Does their salary reflect the size of the ship they are on? (i.e. more people to entertain).

Do they get bonus at the end of the year if they are loved like Spacey?

We just returned from our 1st RCI cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. On any other cruise we have taken with other lines, the CD never seemed to important..and for the most part, we hardly saw him. But we had Leigh and Erky last week and they were awesome. So although I cannot compare to any other CDs on other RC ships, I vote for them. :)

My two favorites have been Mike S. but he's no longer CDing. "Fountains" was never to be missed, and John Blair whose Neil Diamond act on opening night was unforgettable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

We enjoyed John Blair and loved his Neil Diamond show!

I also just got off the Freedom, and as much as I liked Drew on our Freedom cruise last year, I'll be hard-pressed to get as much enjoyment out of a future cruise that Richard isn't CD for. He (and Katie) made channel 14 can't-miss TV every morning, and he really elevated every event he hosted.

I don't know how much of his schtick is just schtick that gets repeated every week, so I might not enjoy him as much a second time, but even if that's the case I still may book my next cruise based on what ship he's on.

I agree with Mike S. "Fountains" was a classic, Ricky Matthews was outstanding, like the "Ever Ready Bunny" unbelievable energy, also enjoyed Drew Devine, awesome Drummer......

Agreed Mike S hands down the best CD we've ever had!!

So, me and my family just got off The Freedom of the Seas. We have cruised many times before but we were shocked at how much we loved our cruise director (Richard Spacey). The cd position has never before seemed to make a big difference as to how much we enjoyed the cruise but Richard actually really added to our cruise. We enjoyed him so much that we made sure we never missed his morning show. He was hilarious. What do you guys think? Who has been your favorite?

Current: Richard Spacey

Old School: Greg Maxwell

My favorite so far: Graham Seymour

I had him as the CD twice on the Freedom of the Seas. He was easily accessible and he was funny as can be. His morning show was a great start to every day.

My second choice would be Alan Brooks. I have had him twice on the Allure of the Seas. His morning show is also very good and he is very visible around the ship.

Well there's my $.02 worth! :D

Edited by Eng23