Advice needed fairly quickly please

Ms Jo UK

Sailing on Carnival Breeze from Miami in October. I was convinced I would be flying London to Miami on British Airways. Today I found flights to Fort Lauderdale $1150 US cheaper it will mean flying in 2 days before the cruise but I figure even with an extra night hotel cost the saving is still substantial. So I have questions.

1. Is it easy to get from a Fort Lauderdale Hotel to PoM? Is it expensive?

2. Would you fly into Fort Lauderdale is sailing from Miami for that kind of saving?

TIA

Jo

Sailing on Carnival Breeze from Miami in October. I was convinced I would be flying London to Miami on British Airways. Today I found flights to Fort Lauderdale $1150 US cheaper it will mean flying in 2 days before the cruise but I figure even with an extra night hotel cost the saving is still substantial. So I have questions.

2. Would you fly into Fort Lauderdale is sailing from Miami for that kind of saving?

TIA

Jo

People fly into Fort lauderdale and sail out of Miami all the time. A taxi from the hotel to POM will be expensive so try to schedule a shuttle which will be much cheaper. i believe the shuttle company I have seen mentioned here the most is SAS Transportation.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

TIA

Jo

We were on a cruise just a few weeks back, sailed out of Miami, flew into Fort Lauderdale. We flew in same day so used Carnival's shuttle service, not sure how much a cab would be. I don't know the price of a cab from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, but your hotel may provide a free shuttle to the airport where you can use Carnival's shuttle.

We were on a cruise just a few weeks back, sailed out of Miami, flew into Fort Lauderdale. We flew in same day so used Carnival's shuttle service, not sure how much a cab would be. I don't know the price of a cab from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, but your hotel may provide a free shuttle to the airport where you can use Carnival's shuttle.

A couple of years ago a taxi from Ft Lauderdale to Miami was$90 plus tip.

TIA

Jo

If you Brits think you are capable of driving on the correct side of the road you should consider renting a car, especially since you will have a couple days before your cruise. You can pick the car up at the FLL Airport, drop it at MIA Airport and then take the free shuttle to Port Miami. I know Alamo participates in the free shuttle and I think the rest are (and I will be corrected below if I am wrong) Budget, Thrifty and National. Hertz shuttles to the port from one of their Downtown Miami locations.

If you do rent a car, I would bring a GPS.

TIA

Jo

1. Yes it is easy. It can be expensive if you take a taxi.

2. For $1150 savings absolutely!!!!

One of the least expensive ways to get to Port of Miami would be to use a shuttle service (shared van service). They run from $15-$30 per person, services suggested on here are:

SAS

QLS Transportation

The taxi fare would be around $85-$95. Renting a car is an option that you could consider but, if you are not familiar with driving in the US you might be itimidated to try. Remember we drive on the other side of the road from you folks and our highways can be very confusing especially in Florida due to parts of the highways being tolled.

Many people fly into Ft. Lauderdale for Miami cruises every week and have no problems. It's easy to do and can be inexpensive if you have done your homework. Good luck. :)

You might also consider flying into Ft. Lauderdale and shuttling straight to Miami and stay in a Miami hotel for 2 nights. This would put you closer to the port and would be an easy taxi ride to the ship on your sailing date.

Edited by Eng23