Embarkation Outfit....

maddox_mama

I always like to dress nice when going on holiday - I live in scotland so I always fly!!!

For my first cruise I wore a blue midi gypsy dress with a blue cardigan and sandals. With my stripy travel bag :)

This year I am going to wear my white and navy maxi dress - it's made from a stretchy cotton like material. With a cardigan, sandals and a new travel bag (my old favourite stripy one had a zip mishap at the airport and alas is no more :()

517.jpg.e1fb3a282bd866c1af471b39326cc435.jpg

I sail out of FT. Lauderdale tomorrow:)......it is supposed to be in

the 80s:D....I am wearing a pair of purple crop pants and a printed top

that has muted tones of purples/lavenders/greens/.......sort of looks

like a water color.....has a high-low hemline, sleevless, v neckline....

I am READY TO CRUISE:D

Jealously waving bye bye...... Have a great time and your outfit sounds just perfect.

I usually end up wearing white capri pants with a t-shirt to board the ship and always a straw fedora-type hat. I'm in my 60's so I don't wear shorts and I don't wear any type of top without at least quarter-length sleeves. If it's a cool day (we sometimes sail out of CA ports like Long Beach), I'll wear a lightweight jacket with my capi pants and tee. I usually will either wear white tennis-type shoes (what my son refers to as "kicks") or flat sandals, usually the t-strap kind (you know, with the strap between the toes). I also now have two pairs of wedge-heeled, tennis-type shoes, which I love because they are very comfortable and give me some height as I'm only 5'4". LOL! I've also bought several midi-length skirts over the last couple of years so on my next cruise, I may wear one of those.:D

I usually end up wearing white capri pants with a t-shirt to board the ship and always a straw fedora-type hat. I'm in my 60's so I don't wear shorts and I don't wear any type of top without at least quarter-length sleeves. If it's a cool day (we sometimes sail out of CA ports like Long Beach), I'll wear a lightweight jacket with my capi pants and tee. I usually will either wear white tennis-type shoes (what my son refers to as "kicks") or flat sandals, usually the t-strap kind (you know, with the strap between the toes). I also now have two pairs of wedge-heeled, tennis-type shoes, which I love because they are very comfortable and give me some height as I'm only 5'4". LOL! I've also bought several midi-length skirts over the last couple of years so on my next cruise, I may wear one of those.:D

Out of curiosity, why would you think that being in your 60's keeps you from wearing short sleeves or even tanks and shorts? I have a number if friends in their 60's and even 70's that wear shorts and short sleeves/sleeveless and look fine in them.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

We are embarking next Sunday in Galveston. We are on a bus trip with friends from Waco, Texas and will leave at 7 am. It will be cold and rainy here and probably in Galveston. So, I will wear black slacks, black sweater, black and white striped jacket, black closed shoes. I will carry a black bad white tote from the Navigator logo shop. DH will wear black slacks, long sleeved polo and black sweater. We will stay in these clothes for dinner.

The next day, break out the bright Caribbean clothes, capris and sandles!

Margee

I always like to dress nice when going on holiday - I live in scotland so I always fly!!!

For my first cruise I wore a blue midi gypsy dress with a blue cardigan and sandals. With my stripy travel bag :)

This year I am going to wear my white and navy maxi dress - it's made from a stretchy cotton like material. With a cardigan, sandals and a new travel bag (my old favourite stripy one had a zip mishap at the airport and alas is no more :()

I am a huge fan of the dresses for embarkation. I am already envisioning what I want to wear for the next one. :eek:

Lisa

We are flying from the UK to Barbados which is a 9 hour flight, and it will be cold and wet at home and sunny when we arrive.

I am thinking of a hunter green jersey maxi skirt, a thin grey tee, black studded sandals, with a cardigan and pashmina in my bag for flight. If I get warm in the maxi when we arrive I can always tie a knot in the front which shortens in and makes the air flow better to keep cool!

Out of curiosity, why would you think that being in your 60's keeps you from wearing short sleeves or even tanks and shorts? I have a number if friends in their 60's and even 70's that wear shorts and short sleeves/sleeveless and look fine in them.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Just a personal choice. I just don't like how my arms and legs look. I shouldn't have mentioned my age. I'm sure that there are lots of women younger than me that don't like to wear sleeveless tops or shorts and same age or older women that don't mind wearing them. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Edited by mousey

Just a personal choice. I just don't like how my arms and legs look. I shouldn't have mentioned my age. I'm sure that there are lots of women younger than me that don't like to wear sleeveless tops or shorts and same age or older women that don't mind wearing them. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

No offense, was just curious.

I used to wear my bathing suit with a fancy cover up on embarkation day.

However, this summer I want to try something new aboard the Breakaway since I don't think we will be hitting the pool right away the way we used to when the kids were younger.

Any ideas?

I was thinking a nice pair of white shorts with a nice sleeveless blouse, sandals, and some pretty summery jewelry.

Oh and my Ray Bans of course.

Should be good. Can't wait!!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I don't know if I have a "usual" - for me, it depends more on the time of year and port of departure. For my next cruise (in 8 days!!!!!!) I'm having a hard time :confused: Leaving from frigid Maryland and flying to Florida. I definitely don't want to haul shoes and a coat I won't be wearing the entire cruise :( So, I think I'll do jeans, cute flats, a long sleeved tee w/a summery scarf, similar to this:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/55/5b/c5/555bc5e03bb1b2136ce2e1671b6a33a0.jpg

...except gray tee and silver flats - just don't know what to do about a coat/jacket if it's really chilly in MD :o

I'm with you, mousey. The only time my legs are seen is by the pool or on a beach ;)

I don't know if I have a "usual" - for me, it depends more on the time of year and port of departure. For my next cruise (in 8 days!!!!!!) I'm having a hard time :confused: Leaving from frigid Maryland and flying to Florida. I definitely don't want to haul shoes and a coat I won't be wearing the entire cruise :( So, I think I'll do jeans, cute flats, a long sleeved tee w/a summery scarf, similar to this:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/55/5b/c5/555bc5e03bb1b2136ce2e1671b6a33a0.jpg

...except gray tee and silver flats - just don't know what to do about a coat/jacket if it's really chilly in MD :o

How much time will you be outside in MD where you will need that coat? You run from the house to the car…Leave the coat in the car when you get to the airport, then just gut it out until you get inside the airport. I do this all the time when I fly in the winter from where I live (I live where it snows frequently and winter temps are usually in the 20s)...

How much time will you be outside in MD where you will need that coat? You run from the house to the car…Leave the coat in the car when you get to the airport, then just gut it out until you get inside the airport. I do this all the time when I fly in the winter from where I live (I live where it snows frequently and winter temps are usually in the 20s)...

We've got another cold front headed to Florida. She might not be happy if she doesn't bring it. Y best advice is to check the weather before you leave for where you'll be in Florida and base the des icon in that. If nothing else I would strongly suggest a heavy sweater--what happens if there are ir ops on the way and you end up in an alternate airport where you need to spend the night? With the weather this year, it's far from an impossible situation.

I typically wear jeans or shorts, a t-shirt, sandals and a light fleece or jacket. It's not that far into the airport and I don't like hauling along things that I won't need so a coat is not an option. My light fleece sweatshirts from Old Navy keep me warm enough on the plane and at the airport but don't take up a lot of luggage room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've got another cold front headed to Florida. She might not be happy if she doesn't bring it. Y best advice is to check the weather before you leave for where you'll be in Florida and base the des icon in that. If nothing else I would strongly suggest a heavy sweater--what happens if there are ir ops on the way and you end up in an alternate airport where you need to spend the night? With the weather this year, it's far from an impossible situation.

It all depends on what you're used to though. I'm used to below freezing. In the Midwest, if the temp goes above freezing, a good portion of people won't wear coats. If it gets into the 40s, you'll see shorts. I always bring a light jacket or something for the plane anyway though.

I used to wear my bathing suit with a fancy cover up on embarkation day.

However, this summer I want to try something new aboard the Breakaway since I don't think we will be hitting the pool right away the way we used to when the kids were younger.

Any ideas?

I was thinking a nice pair of white shorts with a nice sleeveless blouse, sandals, and some pretty summery jewelry.

Oh and my Ray Bans of course.

Should be good. Can't wait!!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

That sounds like a great outfit! I hope you have an awesome cruise.:D

Thanks ladies!! (Sorry, I've never been good at quoting more than one person at once :) No, no heavy coats, just my rain jacket that's going on the cruise anyway. And, I'm sure on the way from house to car, car to airport, I can keep warm enough. Even though Florida is getting a cold front, it has got to be warmer than it's been here (fingers crossed)!!!

And, yes, it is very subjective; my DH seems to think any time it's above 40F, it's shorts weather :confused:

Thanks ladies!! (Sorry, I've never been good at quoting more than one person at once :) No, no heavy coats, just my rain jacket that's going on the cruise anyway. And, I'm sure on the way from house to car, car to airport, I can keep warm enough. Even though Florida is getting a cold front, it has got to be warmer than it's been here (fingers crossed)!!!

And, yes, it is very subjective; my DH seems to think any time it's above 40F, it's shorts weather :confused:

LOL! That sounds like my DH and DS. I think anything in the 60s is cold!:eek:

I need to go back and read all replies but I have come to love a sundress with a light sweater over it. I agree with one comment that comfortable shoes are a must! Even if it's quite warm outside the inside areas are usually cool (to me) and I appreciate the sweater. And since it's light, not a big deal to hook through the straps of my boarding bag.

As I get older (42, but I've thought this since my early 30's) I find that a dress is far more flattering (and comfortable) than shorts.

I do try to look decent - I mean, it's the first day of vacation! :)

I don't even wear gloves anymore unless it's close to 0 or snowing. I think a light rain jacket will be perfect. I usually throw a pair of gloves in my carryon in case I need them coming home too. They take very little room and make a big difference if it's cold out.

We'll be boarding the Explorer of the Seas, in March, out of New Jersey. If the weather doesn't warm up, we'll be wearing winter coats, sweaters, jeans, and boots.

I'm sure that we'll be in shorts and bathing suits the next day-------or I hope so.

For your sake, I do hope this winter weather will be gone soon!

More snow on its way tomorrow into Monday. Will it ever end?

I bought a very nice pair of dressy wedge sandals today for our summer cruise out of NYC. So excited! They should be perfect for dinner as well as after dinner cocktails at Shaker's Cocktail Bar on the Waterfront :)

All I have left to get before I am wardrobe ready:

* new bathing suit

* sundresses

* white Capri pants

Happy Cruising!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day