Stateroom cramped?

jocelysue

DH & I have cruised on Princess a few times but always in a JS. Unfortunately, being on a fixed income and needing some home help we can no longer afford that luxury. DH has to nap almost every day so he stretches out on the bed and I sit on the sofa or on the balcony when the weather is good.

Apparently there are no sofas in balcony or OV cabins. Should we now cut out out Princess or is there a solution? Thanks for advice.

you could check prices of the mini suites; they have sofas and a balcony. The deluxe balconies on the Royal have sofas too. There are chairs at the vanity and one other in the regular balcony cabins. I sat on my balcony on the CB in the rain since it was covered. Hope that helps. Sign up for last minute offers too; we got a half price deal on our October cruise we just took. If you're not fussy and can pick up and go with a month or two notice, it's a great way to go and save money.

The small ships (Ocean & Pacific) have a love seat in the balcony cabins.

All the ships have a chair you can sit in.

Also the Ocean Princess and Pacific Princess have very nice libraries with comfy sofas and chairs, and they are fairly quiet. Spent the day there when my hubby was quarantined with a tummy bug (not noro). Books to borrow and puzzles and the sudoku of the day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You could always pack a bag with books, knitting or whatever you like to do and head out of the cabin for a few hours. There are so many other places to relax on the ship and you wouldn't have to be quiet. I hate for you to leave Princess just because of the lack of sofa on the Grand & modified Grand ships!

The upholstered chair is what I think is called a "tub" chair and is quite comfortable to sit and read in. The other is a padded desk chair. If you select a Caribe balcony at least your balcony is big.

I love to take a book to the Promenade Deck where they have very comfortable teak loungers with cushions.

Hate saying this ... but in your situation, you'd probably be better off going back to HAL to get want you want. :o

HAL certainly isn't a horrid cruise line as you know since you've taken cruises on HAL before ... and does have very decent size OV cabins.

LuLu

~~~~

The small ships (Ocean & Pacific) have a love seat in the balcony cabins.

All the ships have a chair you can sit in.

There are a few balcony cabins on the little girls which replace the love seat with an upholstered chair. These cabins have a door to the adjoining cabin, and are shown on the deck plans. I think 8024 is an example of one.