Updates & Conclusion re: our not so DREAM cruise...

DrVal

Zeno,

It just appears he/she is either out to simply blast NCL without letting us know why or is after something more than answers or both. I too, was wondering how we can be informed as to what to watch out for if we don't know the problems. NMnita

I don't understand WHY this post is still going? All we get are these little teasers then dozens of questions then a little teaser and a dozen more questions and on and on!

We are NOT going to get any more info so why is this still going on?????

I don't understand WHY this post is still going? All we get are these little teasers then dozens of questions then a little teaser and a dozen more questions and on and on!

We are NOT going to get any more info so why is this still going on?????

Why? because people continue to reply! Its easy let it rest in peace and it will bury itself to another page.............Maybe the thread should be locked :rolleyes:

" We were on deck with other cruisers, who videotaped the encounter and we later transferred the images."

Have any of the other witnesses to this encounter, as stated above, been involved at all in this situation? Seems if they taped it, they must have also been traumatized by the event.

If so, I'd imagine they might be awaiting the results of all the hard work Dr Val has been putting into this and want to see what NCL can/will cough up.

It's doubtful we will ever know. (kind of a BERMUDA TRIANGLE mystery)

or Bahama Triangle mystery

I have read thru all the posts and I am a bit confused. Why do people post how dis-satisfied they are and all the problems they had without giving specifics? DrVal had problems with salad. I guess I would have been upset, reported it and got on with my vacation. The other poster is just as elusive. I don't get it. Either tell the WHOLE story, or say nothing. End of discussion.

Katie

If something truly "horrible" or "nightmarish" [sic] happened to me on a cruise I would be hush-hush about the details until settlement was finalized. I would never discuss the details on a public forum.

FWIW

Cheers,

-Norman

If something truly "horrible" or "nightmarish" [sic] happened to me on a cruise I would be hush-hush about the details until settlement was finalized. I would never discuss the details on a public forum.

FWIW

Cheers,

-Norman

I am with you and I think we will end up with a better result.

This lady did post a review on 03/06/05 detailing her trip of 02/18/05. She liked the cruise and had good time.....EXCEPT her daughter's wedding on the cruise didn't go as planned----it seems that between the wedding planner vendor and NCL, most everything did not work out smoothly. She wanted to place a warning about having a wedding aboard using this vendor on NCL. She has been seeking answers to her questions of why things did not go smoothly since March and has not had timely replies to her inquiries. NCL requested that she not reveal the messed-up wedding scenario until corporate had had time to review the situation. I think that her warning does have a place on this board.

Aloha, Barby Clarke

This lady did post a review on 03/06/05 detailing her trip of 02/18/05. She liked the cruise and had good time.....EXCEPT her daughter's wedding on the cruise didn't go as planned----it seems that between the wedding planner vendor and NCL, most everything did not work out smoothly. She wanted to place a warning about having a wedding aboard using this vendor on NCL. She has been seeking answers to her questions of why things did not go smoothly since March and has not had timely replies to her inquiries. NCL requested that she not reveal the messed-up wedding scenario until corporate had had time to review the situation. I think that her warning does have a place on this board.

Aloha, Barby Clarke

Ya wanna go for two? Now if you can figure out the "horrific" event of DrVal's.

It's amazing how things can look very different with a few facts. I'm sorry the wedding didn't go as planned, and if I was planning a wedding with NCL, I would want to know if there have been problems in the past.:eek:

Aloha, Barby Clarke

Good job Sherlock:) .......at least in my mind that was a serious issue, lots of expectations for a wedding and one would expect it to go as advertised. Thanks for the information.........one mystery solved !!

FWIW

Cheers,

-Norman

I wouldn't either, but I wouldn't bother posting on a public forum. NMNita

We are in the process of planning our granddaughters wedding on Celebrity in Dec. The best information our daughter and granddaughter have gotten is from reading the CC wedding board. It seems the secret to having a successful ship wedding is constant contact with the wedding coordinator and planner who are two separate people. If you read the comments it is clear some have wonderful experiences and some not so good. It isn't the line as much as the communication. think the woman who gave us her review and comments posted more as a concern and warning. This is what reviews should be all about. NMnita

Originally posted by Dandylyon( on another thread):

We have not had any difficulty being served promptly in any dining venue. The first day the line was very long for the lunch buffet, so we just went to a sit-down lunch and were seated immediately. Our longest wait so far was about 10 minutes. The only small quibble I have had about the food is that it is somewhat of a challenge to have food prepared differently than stated on the menu. My husband and I are trying to be careful about our food choices as we have both just lost a significant amount of weight, with more to go (don't want to put it all back on in one cruise!). We are asking for salads with dressing on the side, entrees without sauces or with sauce on the side, and so forth. Most of the dishes come from the kitchen completely prepared. The wait staff is usually able to acccommodate our choices, but often smilingly say, "I'll see if I can get it for you." Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. When I asked for no french fries with one meal, we noticed the waiter picking them off the plate before serving it. That was fine with me--if I see it on the plate I will eat it, so that was probably the most efficient solution.

Sorry to keep this thread going without any real new information but I just read the above in a posting from someone who is presently on the Dream and I seem to remember someone on his thread ( or at least on this topic)questioning the validity of Dr. Val because she said that her salad had come from the kitchen already dressed. The comment from Dandylyon would tend to support Dr. Vals's assertion that the salads, on the Dream at least, do come from the kitchen completely prepared.

Sorry to keep this thread going without any real new information but I just read the above in a posting from someone who is presently on the Dream and I seem to remember someone on his thread ( or at least on this topic)questioning the validity of Dr. Val because she said that her salad had come from the kitchen already dressed. The comment from Dandylyon would tend to support Dr. Vals's assertion that the salads, on the Dream at least, do come from the kitchen completely prepared.

sorry who cares :eek: All this smoke and no fire. Moving on. I did my reaserch and a lot posted is not completely true. You all beat each other with a wet noodle.

If the incidents (which we cannot learn from because you are not telling us) ocurred on board the ship - why would head office provide the "answers"?

Also what if there are no "answers" and they have apologized for (I assume) messing something up? Isn't that "enough" if you don't want compensation?

Also why the big secret unless you are expecting something more? Surely it would be more useful to fellow cruisers if you let us know what happened?

Are you kidding, an apology from NCL? Like I said not one word from them, nothing besides a generic postcard that acknowledges receipt of correspondence and they are researching my concers and will respond in writing as quickley as they can, thanking me for my patience in this matter. Is that what you call an apology? Why do you assume they they have apologized? I don't get it, I'm not allowed to wait for an answer? I WANT ANSWERS. How can I let anyone know anything if I don't know. Why do you need to twist other peoples posts? I hope I will get an answer from you since you are so quick to assume. Those who wanted info gave me their e-mails and I did send them the letter NCL received from me, some of the e-mails didn't deliver so I apologize to those of you that didn't receive it. I just didn't post the letter to the general CC public.

Thanks for the support Sunshine229 -- you are absolutely correct. We are reasonable people, the dressing was not the issue.

HSC - We understand what you are feeling and have had the exact same reaction to NCL's refusal to provide an explanation. We agree with your impressions of Alice Cain-Moore. We did speak with Paula Ponder who is the Customer Relations Rep. for the Dream specifically and we found her to be courteous, polite and professional -- our interaction with her was positive. Unfortunately, when Paula called us, she was not authorized to discuss our situation.

Nita is WRONG:

hsc seems to have had a very bad experience with Alice Cain-Moore and on another thread DrVal says she had a possitive one. NMNita
...... We relayed the facts about Cain-Moore, we certainly would not call our "experience" with her "possitive" [sic]. In fact, we are still waiting for a written record of our telephone conversation, which she assured us we would receive via email the very next day and via US Mail some time later. We wanted her "offer" and refusal to provide an explanation of our mistreatment on the Dream in writing. Again, we are still waiting. We are also still waiting for a final response from Colin Veitch.

We posted here and continue to post here as a service. We received Colin's email address and other email addresses and valuable advice and support from members here and on 1 other board. We have only posted on 2 boards, the same boards we used when planning our cruise. If someone is posting somewhere else... it's not us.

Shoreguy: You're implying Libel -- a defense to libel is TRUTH. Again, we can't control what others post... what we have posted is true.

Doesn't the membership find it curious that so many of the negative posts about the Dream, that we have nothing to do with -- disappear?!? Like the post about the woman trying to choose between the Sun and the Dream. She chose the Sun and the post vanished. There are many posters that try to discredit others, when all they are trying to do is relay the truth, their opinion or both. We want to make sure that both sides of the Dream are represented.

We wish we knew that so many negative posts about the Dream were deleted. That may have saved us from our Dream experience. Many of the recent posts about the Dream are from June and July registrations. Maybe, as we hoped, our experiences led to changes onboard that benefit all cruisers after us. Alice Cain-Moore actually confirmed this with us. We were discriminated against onboard and she said during our conversation that the policies were clarified. Again, we don't have this in writing, but I'm sure NCL has our conversation on audiotape.

We still want an explanation for why we were mistreated. We don't want the opportunity to pay NCL 50% of another cruise fare. Maybe for loyal NCL cruisers, that would be a windfall; but we doubt any of you would have wanted the cruise experience we had.

Since we were told onboard by a ship's officer and by Colin Veitch, that our experience was atypical, we're not sure making the details of our 7 page letter public would be helpful. Once the situation is resolved, we will email the letter to Cecilia and she can make the decision of whether or not to publish it.

Again, we'll be on the board to keep information about the Dream representative, but we will no longer respond to individual posts. We want to put this whole experience behind us.

On the Dream's 5/19 cruise the salads were served dry.....someone would then come and ladle the requested dressing. This was before the engine problem occurred, possible the dressing ladlers are now manning oars in an attempt to maintain the new schedule. :D :D

We posted here and continue to post here as a service.
Since we were told onboard by a ship's officer and by Colin Veitch, that our experience was atypical, we're not sure making the details of our 7 page letter public would be helpful.

What I'm not getting is -- if the situation is admittedly so rare, why the need to warn us about the ship?

Hi DrVal,

I'm not going to get into the specifics of the cruise or whatever went on (I think it's beat to death at this point, and it seems you wont or can't devulge what the 'membership' wants to know). I just hope when you get what you want you finally let the cat out of the bag and tell us.

But why do you keep the signature you have:

~a bad day at sea is better than a good day on land~:D

doesn't seem to ring true anymore :confused:

"We wanted her "offer" and refusal to provide an explanation of our mistreatment on the Dream in writing."

" We were discriminated against onboard and she said during our conversation that the policies were clarified."

"We still want an explanation for why we were mistreated."{QUOTE=DrVal}

I have no idea what compels me to continue to read this thread, but it has become something too strange to avoid.

That being said, I did notice something different in this last post by DrVal.

Seems there was mistreatment, discrimination, and the desire to obtain an explanation as to why they were mistreated.

Interesting?

On the Dream's 5/19 cruise the salads were served dry.....someone would then come and ladle the requested dressing. This was before the engine problem occurred, possible the dressing ladlers are now manning oars in an attempt to maintain the new schedule. :D :D

I also hate myself for reading and participating in this thread--but Calees post made me laugh out loud....thanks- I needed that:D

LOL Maybe using the ladles as oars?:D

Archived