aqua class noise

nodandade

hi, is there much noise to be heard from the aqua class cabins on solstice.thanks

It really depends on where the cabin is on the ship and also what your neighbours are like with closing their door and other things that neighbours might make noise doing.

Perhaps check out the cabin thread in the sticky.:D

There is a spreadsheet for almost everyroom...do a search "Celebrity stateroom spreadsheet"

Yes, that spreadsheet from LibraryLady is invaluable.

We recently sailed in aqua on the Solstice and heard no noise whatsoever. The neighbors doors don't seem to be an issue at all on this class -- were on the Equinox as well and commented that we couldn't believe how soundproof the rooms were.

If you are concerned, I would not book a room under a public deck as those ones that are forward of the midship hump on the aqua deck. The ones aft should have no issue. Also, the itinerary might have some impact....colder weather keeps some off the pool deck.

As far as the door slamming doors (neighbors) I found that they most likely are not aware of noisy it can be. It is really loud when the balcony door is open when they enter. Wind tunnel sort of thing. Late night I also wait by the door to make sure it quietly closes.

Options...

You can kindly ask that they be considerate to their neighbors. Most will be unaware that it is bothersome to others and will be carefull going forward.

If it continues...wait until they are napping and do the same. :D

As far as the door slamming doors (neighbors) I found that they most likely are not aware of noisy it can be. It is really loud when the balcony door is open when they enter. Wind tunnel sort of thing. Late night I also wait by the door to make sure it quietly closes.

Options...

You can kindly ask that they be considerate to their neighbors. Most will be unaware that it is bothersome to others and will be carefull going forward.

If it continues...wait until they are napping and do the same. :D

The simple way is to insert your card when leaving and the door can close without any resistance.:D

The issue with AQ cabins is simply location, location, location. On the Solstice Class ships we like the AQ2 Cabins (cheaper then AQ1) that are located aft of the pool deck and located under other cabins. Not only does this get you away from the potential noise of loungers being dragged above...but it puts an additional passenger deck between your cabin and the huge overhang above.

Hank

The issue with AQ cabins is simply location, location, location. On the Solstice Class ships we like the AQ2 Cabins (cheaper then AQ1) that are located aft of the pool deck and located under other cabins. Not only does this get you away from the potential noise of loungers being dragged above...but it puts an additional passenger deck between your cabin and the huge overhang above.

Hank

Great advantages in that location.:D