verandah vs concierge class

chrismch

We're considering upgrading to concierge class, but I have doubts as to the advantage. Both look the same size. Are the perks really worth the price difference?:rolleyes:

Hi Chris !

I have done CC class several times. Is it worth it ? The answer all depends on how much more you have to pay for it. Personally, I do like the amenities, but there is a limit on how much I would pay for it.

The prices vary from sailing to sailing, so it hard to give you a blanket yes answer.

My question to you is, how many days are you sailing, and how much additional per person is it ? It would help if you can tell us that information.

Also the old 1a CC cabins are 191 sq ft and the verhanda cabins are 172 but they have made more cabins CC so be careful
Depends upon the ship. You're right when it comes to the M-Class ships -- a CC cabin buys you more room than a Cat2, but on C-Class, the cabins are the same size at 172 either way you go. I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay very much extra for CC on the Galaxy, for example.

We are sailing for 12 nights on the Constellation and are paying $100 more pp for a CC over a catagory 2C. A very reasonable sum in my opinion, it's our first CC cabin and we are looking forward to the little extras. Any thoughts?

Go for the cc. stateroom. Have had the cc. on Constellation and 1A on the Millenium when they were first trying out the cc. The extra few feet can mean lots of space when gone for 15 days. Had a ss on Mercury, for the small amount of money more it was lots larger then the cc.

We are sailing for 12 nights on the Constellation and are paying $100 more pp for a CC over a catagory 2C. A very reasonable sum in my opinion, it's our first CC cabin and we are looking forward to the little extras. Any thoughts?

That is a very good deal for the extra space and amenities. Before Celebrity introduced the CC concept on the Constellation, the price difference between the 2C cabin and the larger cabin that you now have was probably at least $100 pp. So in a sense, you are getting the CC stuff for free.

As CC sounds like a great deal, but balcony space can range from 41 sq ft for a former 1C stateroom (as we had in 9140), to 82 sq ft in a 1B to 200 sq ft in a AFT CC which is a former 1A. 191 sq ft stateroom is wonderful for all. Yet if $500 over a 2C that has double size balcony 6016-6030 with 20 sq ft less which is 2 feet more by the balcony door in a 10' wide stateroom than 2C that would save us $500-$1000, I'd take the 2C.

I typed in a list of stateroom #'s in a previous post that you want.

We just booked Millennium for Oct 2006. The difference between our 2B cabin (exactly the one I wanted with a slightly larger balcony) and a cc(yes there were aft available) was $1000. We figured that we could better spend the extra money on a private tour in Italy. Had the difference been around $300 I would have loved cc, but on this very port intensive cruise we woun't be loungung around in the cabin anyway.

We have been in regular veranda cabins and cc class. Now, the cat. I choose depends on the price. The only reason I would book a cc class now is due to size of the cabin and BALCONY!

The flowers in cc are nice but rarely get changed during the trip. The fruit is rarely refilled unless you make a point of asking. All cabins can put on there breakfast menu anything that is on the cc class menu. I just write it on. The bathroom accessories are nice but not worth the extra money. Pillows, they will give you want if you just ask.

Archived