Two new levels in Le Club Voyage

dln929

From today's press release from Celebrity it is apparent that there will be two new upper loyalty levels for Azamara, as well. And a different way of accumulating points. I've cut-and-pasted the info applicable to Azamara and italicized some bits:

Azamara Club Cruises Note: For a limited time, guests who sail on Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club cruises will earn Club Points toward their memberships in both Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage, regardless of which brand they sail. Both Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage members will enjoy the benefits of their tier levels on both lines. Program terms are subject to change.

Reciprocity Between Brands

Equivalent recognition is one of the benefits of being a Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and/or Le Club Voyage loyalty member. It offers loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits with matching tier status–both pre-cruise and onboard–when sailing with one of the three brands. Members of one loyalty program must enroll in a sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits.

Points on Celebrity and Azamara are earned cumulatively in both loyalty programs. For example, 20 Club Points earned on a Celebrity sailing will be reflected as 20 points in both Celebrity's and Azamara's loyalty programs. The total Club Points for the member will reflect all qualified points earned.

Points earned on Royal Caribbean are earned only for the Royal Caribbean loyalty program. Points of each loyalty program cannot be added together. Points are calculated using the applicable brand's program level accrual system.

The following program levels are equivalent for loyalty program recognition purposes:

Celebrity's Captain's Club Azamara LeClub Voyage

Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society

Preview Preview Classic Adventurer

Select Explorer Platinum

Elite Discoverer Diamond Elite Plus

Discoverer Plus

Zenith Discoverer Platinum

So it would appear that if you're Elite Plus on Celebrity you're "Discoverer Plus" on Azamara, and Zenith is equivalent to "Discoverer Platinum."

Apologies for the primitive cut-and paste!!!

Edited by dln929

I just received from celebrity a booklet on the new levels how to attain next level and new benefits. Nowhere does it say the reciprocal level on other lines of theirs is time limited. It does say points are not combinable across brands. It is well laid out giving each levels benefits and the new ones added.

Hope this helps anyone.

I just received from celebrity a booklet on the new levels how to attain next level and new benefits. Nowhere does it say the reciprocal level on other lines of theirs is time limited. It does say points are not combinable across brands. It is well laid out giving each levels benefits and the new ones added.

Hope this helps anyone.

Hmmm. Whatever you read seems to conflict with the terms and conditions on the X website on the Captain's Club page. The little blip about "limited time" for accruing cumulative points with X and Azamara is under the last paragraph on tier credits. It is true (and always has been) that Azamara points are not combinable with Royal Caribbean points. Both recognize similar loyal levels, though only up to the Diamond and Discoverer levels.

I'm wondering if the Canadian Captain's Clubs rules are different than what we have in the US? Which means they'll be different in the UK too. Dear lord! this may open another kettle of worms. :(

I am going on my first Azamara cruise in March, am Elite with Celebrity. I called Captain's Club today about another issue and while I was talking to the girl I asked if I got Celebrity credits for going on an Azamara cruise. She told me no. I think it's still brand within brand. I think I also read that somewhere about them being able to be combined but she told me no. Guess we'll wait and see.

I am going on my first Azamara cruise in March, am Elite with Celebrity. I called Captain's Club today about another issue and while I was talking to the girl I asked if I got Celebrity credits for going on an Azamara cruise. She told me no. I think it's still brand within brand. I think I also read that somewhere about them being able to be combined but she told me no. Guess we'll wait and see.

We have always gotten points on both lines (Celebrity and Azamara) for cruising both lines. As a matter of fact, my captain number is the same for both.

As usual their representative is giving out false information. We have always received points on both as the captains club and le club voyage numbers are the same. They plan to separate at some time in the future, but have not as of yet.

You don't have to wait and see:). This is copied from the updated Celebrity site:

Azamara Club Cruises Note: For a limited time, guests who sail on Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club cruises will earn Club Points toward their memberships in both Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage, regardless of which brand they sail. Both Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage members will enjoy the benefits of their tier levels on both lines. Program terms are subject to change.

You don't have to wait and see:). This is copied from the updated Celebrity site:

The "limited time" probably expires just before we cruise Azamara in February. :( Edited by mferranti

Points are earned by brand after completing a sailing.

Points are not combinable across brands.

Elite,elite plus and zenith members can enjoy recognition as a discoverer!discoverer plus!discoverer platinum benefits respectively on board Azmara club cruises. It did not mention anywhere about limited time with earning points and sharing. This arrived today one for my husband and one for myself.

Hope this helps anyone.

Did you get this booklet via snail mail??

Hello Azamara Cruise Followers -

I learned that we plan to announce a new structure to our Le Club Voyage past guest loyalty program in mid-December. Our new program will use a point-based system which will be accumulated by day based on stateroom/suite category.

We are still finalizing the actual benefits and it's too soon for me to share program details as they are in final review. With respect to the reciprocity program with Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean International's Crown & Anchor loyalty club, at this time I am unable to respond to your questions about this topic. I should be able to do so, sometime in early December.

I can share the point structure methodology: points are earned per day based on stateroom/suite category:

§ Club Interior & Club Oceanview - 2 Points per Day

§ Club Veranda - 3 Points per Day

§ Club Continent Suites - 8 Points per Day

§ Club Ocean and Club World Owner Suites - 18 Points per Day

There will be new Membership Levels based on the number of accumulated Points. For the sake of good order, I have not included those Point ranges until the final program has completed its review process:

1. Adventurer (after 1st voyage)

2. Explorer

3. Discoverer

4. Discoverer Plus

5. Discoverer Platinum

I expect to be able to share more detailed and final information with you in early December. Further, we plan to communicate the new program modifications to our past guests in mid-December.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thank you Bill.

While it would have been nice for Azamara to announce details of the new levels and the benefits at the same time as Celebrity, from my perspective it is all good.

I think it is likely that I will move up a level to Discoverer Plus and whatever extra things are offered will be very much appreciated.

The things already offered by both Celebrity and Azamara are already good IMO and in these difficult financial times it is heartening to see a company look to reward their loyal guests more.

In any case I sail on Azamara for the wonderful on board ambience, not the loyalty perks.

Thank you Bill.

While it would have been nice for Azamara to announce details of the new levels and the benefits at the same time as Celebrity, from my perspective it is all good.

I think it is likely that I will move up a level to Discoverer Plus and whatever extra things are offered will be very much appreciated.

The things already offered by both Celebrity and Azamara are already good IMO and in these difficult financial times it is heartening to see a company look to reward their loyal guests more.

In any case I sail on Azamara for the wonderful on board ambience, not the loyalty perks.

I am trying to figure that out too. i have 16 cruises all in suites -many over 10 or 12 days. .so i am wondering the same thing.

since i have free laundry and free minites are and happy.. It is on Celebrity I could use more minutes but on that line i have only 12 cruises with only one over 10 days. all were in AQ or Suites.

at this point I do not care what i get i just want to know the level i ma on.. The math is to hard for me.

I am trying to figure that out too. i have 16 cruises all in suites -many over 10 or 12 days. .so i am wondering the same thing.

since i have free laundry and free minites are and happy.. It is on Celebrity I could use more minutes but on that line i have only 12 cruises with only one over 10 days. all were in AQ or Suites.

at this point I do not care what i get i just want to know the level i ma on.. The math is to hard for me.

Whatever number of points you have now is being multiplied by 30 by Captains Club as your starting point before the new system takes place.

Whatever number of points you have now is being multiplied by 30 by Captains Club as your starting point before the new system takes place.

but i have 12 cruises with celebrity, all in Aq or higher and itihnk 4 in suites. .not sure if more than one is over 12 days.. so i can do 12 x 30 but that makes me lower than i was. i need my free laundry.

now with A i get the full 237 minutes of internet and i am only going up not down. so i am trying to figure out if i stil lam at discover level or plus or what.

Currently with ACC you receive one credit for voyages up to 11 days, one extra credit for over 11 days and one extra credit for a suite for each cruise.So, I should think (though may be wrong !) that if you've completed 16 cruises in suites you would have at least 32 credits (plus any extra for longer cruises) if they multiply this by 30 then you have at least 960 points with Azamara alone ( plus whatever you have with Celebrity) so, on that basis, you would be Elite + on Celebrity (750 - 2999) ..

Currently with ACC you receive one credit for voyages up to 11 days, one extra credit for over 11 days and one extra credit for a suite for each cruise.So, I should think (though may be wrong !) that if you've completed 16 cruises in suites you would have at least 32 credits (plus any extra for longer cruises) if they multiply this by 30 then you have at least 960 points with Azamara alone ( plus whatever you have with Celebrity) so, on that basis, you would be Elite + on Celebrity (750 - 2999) ..

this is a huge help. i just wish i remember how many cruises over 11 days i have had. think 4 or 5. also i was not sure if i should add in celebrity.. that is 12 cruises and maybe one or two over 10 days.

the big thing would be more internet minutes if on celebrity. really was not sure if i should or should not add in celebrity.

thank you

Bill, that was nice of you to give us the rough drawing of what the new Azamara loyalty system will be like. I'm guessing that there's still some work to be done, like perhaps awarding 5 points for the V2 and V1 verandas, which would correspond more equally to X's concierge and aqua points awards?

this is a huge help. i just wish i remember how many cruises over 11 days i have had. think 4 or 5. also i was not sure if i should add in celebrity.. that is 12 cruises and maybe one or two over 10 days.

the big thing would be more internet minutes if on celebrity. really was not sure if i should or should not add in celebrity.

thank you

Robin, are you registered for "My Celebrity", link as follows:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/mycelebrity/login.do

If not then register, if you are then log in and it will tell you what level you are. Click on "view" by where it says Captain's Club above your status and on the next page that comes up lower down on the box saying "Sailing History" and it will set out how many points you have and how it was converted from the old system.

Phil

PS pretty sure with the number you are talking about you'll be Elite Plus/Discoverer Plus with 200 free minutes on Celebrity and to be advised by Bill with Azamara.

Edited by excitedofharpenden

If not then register, if you are then log in and it will tell you what level you are. Click on "view" by where it says Captain's Club above your status and on the next page that comes up lower down on the box saying "Sailing History" and it will set out how many points you have and how it was converted from the old system.

Phil

PS pretty sure with the number you are talking about you'll be Elite Plus/Discoverer Plus with 200 free minutes on Celebrity and to be advised by Bill with Azamara.

Thanks Phil. The Celeb sailing history includes our Az cruise, so it provides the combined point total.

Phil

thanks:D i had looked up benifits but not looked under my name. it is the wonderful internet minutes i wanted over the laundry.:eek::p

Since Azaamra gives so many minutes i wonder what I will get with them. At least i should know before I join the ship in Jan.

I know Zenith people and i am sure the highest level on Azamara too.

Azamara has a branded credit card (see below).

Are the credit card points the same as the new Azamara points?

--OFFER--

15,000 MyCRUISESM REWARDS BONUS POINTS

AFTER YOUR FIRST QUALIFYING TRANSACTION, REDEEMABLE FOR $150 ONBOARD CREDIT

Every purchase you make earns points toward new experiences:

Earn double MyCruiseSM Points for every $1 spent on Azamara purchases and our sister brands, Royal Caribbean International® and Celebrity Cruises® earn one point for every $1 spent on all other purchases

Two for one annual airfare (students not eligible)

10,000 Bonus Points on your annual anniversaries

Priority booking and other exclusive benefits

Redeem points for stateroom upgrades, spa treatments, specialty dining and voyages Certain restrictions apply.

See Terms and Conditions below for additional program and service details.