Good books

mom22tinks

I just read Sycamore Row by John Grisham. It was a great one!

Enjoy your cruise.

Yes...it is great. I'm enjoying it. If you like Gone Girl, something similar that might even be better is Defending Jacob.

I am also reading The Shoemaker's Wife by Adrianna Trigiani. There is nothing like reading a satisfying book!

I am reading John Grisham "he last juror". Admit I was hoping for a book about 12 murders like the cover leads you to believe......

popcorn books that you can pick up and put down are good - I like James Patterson - probably more the early stuff like Kiss the Girls or something though.

I had this posted over there.

While I consider myself well read and versed in a number of what some might consider deep subjects every now and then I read something light and just for fun. I just finished all three books written by the gang from Duck Dynasty. Yep the Rednecks from West Munroe Louisania. None are much more than 200 pages but I found them a great read.

Happy, Happy, Happy by Phil the father was the best. A great read about the transformation of the human sole with a fair bit of humour on the side. Although you wouldn't know it to look at him you won't get far into the book before you realize it was written by a man with a Masters degree and a whole lot of personal faith and conviction.

Si-Cology by Si, Phils brother was easily the funniest book I have read in years.

The Duck Commander Family by Willie and his wife Kori was probably the most informative of the bunch and also sprinkled with a good dose of humour.

You don't have to be a hunter to enjoy any of these reads. It helps in places to understand their mindset like giving up a pro football career because it interfered with duck hunting season but certainly not a necessity.