Just off the Glory

jrtbmoore

Just returned from 7 days on the Carnival Glory. My wife, son, and parents went. We had two cabins 7405 and 7409. Was and excellent time and no major problems.

A somewhat quick review:

Day before:

We arrived in FLL the day before and used MJS transportation to get to Miami. Would highly recommend them. They called me before we were at the gate to let me know they were there and again as we were getting our luggage to let me know where to go. Very prompt and not pushy told me twice not to rush but would be waiting when I came out. They took us to Port of Miami Holiday inn nice ride about 1/2 hr no major problem.

Embarkation:

Arrived at port about 10:45 was on ship by 11:20. We had FTTF and will never sail again without it. Was able to get the cabins right away and luggage was there by 2:00. Was nice to be on ship with out a lot of people and no lines for lunch.

Sailing:

Not much to report we left port about 1 1/2 hr late as there was a medical emergency during the life boat drill. We sailed to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. All the ports were nice and did excursions in all the ports. Won't bore you with the details. Favorite port by far was Grand Turk. We love the beach and shopping there.

Debarkation:

Again very easy. MJS Transportation called me about 7:30 to let me know where to go and after breakfast we breezed through customs and was ready for pick up by 8:30 and back in FLL by 9:15. The driver back was a lot more talkative and pointed out some things on the way back.

Overview:

First time with a balcony cabin a must have from know on. Guys burgers were good my 8yr old loved them had 3 during the week me only 1 but the fries several times. The Blue lguana Catina burritos and pork tacos were very good ate a breakfast taco there a couple of mornings and it was also very tasty. The Steak house was by far the best meal we had all week. Well worth the xtra $35 dollars. My wife and Dad both had food from the Deli and said it was very good.

The only complaints I heard and this can be debated for ever was on elegant night there were people with jeans and shorts in the dinning room. The Fun Times said no jeans or shorts would be allowed. As somebody said if they print that lets enforce the rules and not let them in the dinning room.

Overall it was an excellent cruise and ready to start planning the next one. Any questions just ask and I will try to answer.

The entertainment wasn't that bad. We went to the diva show and it was good a little loud but not to bad. The Motown show was cut short as it was rough at sea but was enjoyable. We did not make it to Latin night. The Hasbro game show was excellent. They did it 3 times all different and it was very enjoyable.

The only complaints I heard and this can be debated for ever was on elegant night there were people with jeans and shorts in the dinning room. The Fun Times said no jeans or shorts would be allowed. As somebody said if they print that lets enforce the rules and not let them in the dinning room.

Overall it was an excellent cruise and ready to start planning the next one. Any questions just ask and I will try to answer.

Did you have anytime dining or scheduled dining? We just got off the western Carib leg the week before. We had anytime dining and on the 2nd elegant night we were behind a couple who were denied seating due to wearing shorts (and they were nice dress shorts not gym shorts).

DW and I have sailed Glory 3 times, but each was prior to the 2.0 upgrades. Guess we will have to book her again to see what changes have been made for ourselves.

On a side note, MDR dress doesn't matter to DW and I as we have no problems with jeans and/or dress shorts. We just believe CCL should either drop their suggested "dress" rules, or enforce. Either way would be fine with us.

DW and I have sailed Glory 3 times, but each was prior to the 2.0 upgrades. Guess we will have to book her again to see what changes have been made for ourselves.

On a side note, MDR dress doesn't matter to DW and I as we have no problems with jeans and/or dress shorts. We just believe CCL should either drop their suggested "dress" rules, or enforce. Either way would be fine with us.

The post was referring to elegant night. I think shorts are okay on other nights.

you said the best port was Grand Turks?? did you do an excursion from the ship or did you go to the beach on your own?? and if I may ask... what beach?? is there several?? thank you for the review!. It is noce to see what time you got off the ship so I can figure out what time to fly out of FFL!

We sail on the Glory this Sunday. She was the first ship we ever sailed on back in 2005 and she will be the ship we reach Platinum on. We are looking forward to enjoying her 2.0 upgrades. We are doing a B2B so we will get twice as much fun!

Hope you will come back here and tell us all about it.

Have a Glory trip.

Sea ya

Eric