Epic Review - November 16-23

soccersharon

• 2 months later...

Hey Sharon. Good to see your review still going strong. I am Ron or Pizzaeater. Wanted to invite you and yours to join us on John Healds' Bloggers Cruise 8 starting next January 31st. San Juan, St Thomas, Nassau, and Antigua in an 8 day cruise. Karen is joining us and a few others. We are in the SAME exact cabins we had when we sailed the Breeze on the November 24th sailing in 2012. Hope to see you.

Hey Sharon. Good to see your review still going strong. I am Ron or Pizzaeater. Wanted to invite you and yours to join us on John Healds' Bloggers Cruise 8 starting next January 31st. San Juan, St Thomas, Nassau, and Antigua in an 8 day cruise. Karen is joining us and a few others. We are in the SAME exact cabins we had when we sailed the Breeze on the November 24th sailing in 2012. Hope to see you.

Thanks, Ron. Due to work commitments, I can't get away :( Have a great cruise!

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

Hi Sharon! Just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed reading your review. I will be booking the Epic for a Christmas week sailing in today or tomorrow. After 17 CCL cruises, I too have started to "wander." (though I have Splendor booked for Feb. 2015.) We did Breakaway last summer, and enjoyed the differences in CCL and NCL. We did Royal this past Christmas - wasn't exactly thrilled for the price we paid, and have NCL Gem booked for this August. I swore I'd never go on a "mega-ship" like Epic - I don't consider Breeze a mega-ship - but here I am about to pull the trigger. We loved the entertainment on NCL - especially Howl and 2nd city also. Looking forward to a great cruise after reading your review.:)

Edited by pe4all

Hi Sharon! Just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed reading your review. I will be booking the Epic for a Christmas week sailing in today or tomorrow. After 17 CCL cruises, I too have started to "wander." (though I have Splendor booked for Feb. 2015.) We did Breakaway last summer, and enjoyed the differences in CCL and NCL. We did Royal this past Christmas - wasn't exactly thrilled for the price we paid, and have NCL Gem booked for this August. I swore I'd never go on a "mega-ship" like Epic - I don't consider Breeze a mega-ship - but here I am about to pull the trigger. We loved the entertainment on NCL - especially Howl and 2nd city also. Looking forward to a great cruise after reading your review.:)

Thanks so much! Nothing wrong with wandering, in my mind :) We felt the Epic was a little too "mega" for us, but we did really enjoy our cruise. We met so many wonderful people. We'd love to go to Bermuda, and the Dawn will likely fit the bill nicely.

We did not go to Second City and Howl at the Moon and I think we really missed out :(

Enjoy the Epic and all of your cruises!

Thanks so much for your review! It's a long time until our Epic cruise, but I am learning lots in the meantime!!

My pleasure :) Part of the anticipation for me is reading reviews, and researching ports. Makes the time go quicker! Enjoy the countdown to the Epic...it's be here before you know it.

Thanks for the review. We're on the Epic for the first time for the Med next summer. We're booked in room 10082 so it's great to see that you liked it!

Anything you wish you would have done onboard or would do differently? Oh, we'll have an 8-year old with us, so we can only do family things!

Thanks for the review. We're on the Epic for the first time for the Med next summer. We're booked in room 10082 so it's great to see that you liked it!

Anything you wish you would have done onboard or would do differently? Oh, we'll have an 8-year old with us, so we can only do family things!

I really liked this cabin. Close to stairs and elevators :) Enjoy!

I can't say much about the kids' club (we left our older children at home). Perhaps a quick search of the boards would offer some answers.

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

Hi Sharon

Thankyou for your wonderful review of the Epic. I have just completed my first cruise on Spirit and am booked on the Epic in 6weeks!! I appreciated your tip to Google studio cabins/lounge now I cannot wait to try as they look really funky.

As a single this cruise line really seems to address the issue of solo travelling.

One question. On the Spirit there was the MDR called Windows but towards the end of my cruise I found a smaller MDR called the Garden Room both waiter service but I loved the latter one. Is there similar on the Epic so I can find it sooner !!

This cruise is a tryout as I am taking the TA on her in Oct to visit my son rather flying so am really excited to get a feel for her first.

Thankyou again for your honest review which many have enjoyed

Carolyn

Hi Sharon

Thankyou for your wonderful review of the Epic. I have just completed my first cruise on Spirit and am booked on the Epic in 6weeks!! I appreciated your tip to Google studio cabins/lounge now I cannot wait to try as they look really funky.

As a single this cruise line really seems to address the issue of solo travelling.

One question. On the Spirit there was the MDR called Windows but towards the end of my cruise I found a smaller MDR called the Garden Room both waiter service but I loved the latter one. Is there similar on the Epic so I can find it sooner !!

This cruise is a tryout as I am taking the TA on her in Oct to visit my son rather flying so am really excited to get a feel for her first.

Thankyou again for your honest review which many have enjoyed

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks so much! My review seems to have found "new life" lately :)

The Studio Lounge, and studio cabins are definitely perfect for solo travelers. NCL has done well by the solo traveler. I think you'll love it!

There are 2 main dining rooms on the Epic: Taste (less formal), and the Manhattan Room (a little more formal). Generally, I believe the menu is the same. Here's a link to pretty good review of both: http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-epic-main-dining-rooms-review.html

Enjoy your cruise and your visit with your son. A TA is definitely better than flying!