Do they open more excursions on the ship? (and a few other questions)

Gardeneroflove

Do they open more excursions on the ship?

The one we want is sold out, of course. I'm trying to figure if I need to plan some other way or if we can get it once on the ship? (I seem to think they do open more?)

And bonus questions:

Does anyone know how much the Tinkerbell cups are on Pirate night? They light up...

Are the bandannas on pirate night the same on each cruise?

What's there to do with a toddler, other than beach, at castaway cay? I see they have a water park? She didn't like the beach last year, I have no idea if she will this year.

I see food places on castaway cay, is that all at extra cost or is anything included? (do we need bring food or back to ship for lunch?)

Do they open more excursions on the ship?

The one we want is sold out, of course. I'm trying to figure if I need to plan some other way or if we can get it once on the ship? (I seem to think they do open more?) If an excursion is extremely popular, DCL may try to set up additional groups with the excursion operator. In some cases, this isn't possible, due to numbers of people already taking the excursion (including any passengers from other ships that may be in port). It's possible, if someone cancels their spot on an excursion, that you can then pick it up once onboard. That's something you'll have to check once onboard at the Shore Excursions desk.

And bonus questions:

Does anyone know how much the Tinkerbell cups are on Pirate night? They light up...

Are the bandannas on pirate night the same on each cruise? AFAIK, yes.

What's there to do with a toddler, other than beach, at castaway cay? I see they have a water park? She didn't like the beach last year, I have no idea if she will this year. Well, the water park is two slides, not really designed for the really little ones. There is Scuttles Cove for those kids old enough for Oceaneer's Club. The nursery onboard the ship is also open.

I see food places on castaway cay, is that all at extra cost or is anything included? (do we need bring food or back to ship for lunch?) At Castaway Cay, it's just like being on the ship (it's still Disney property), so food is included in your cruisefare. There is a drink station on the island (like on the ship), so sodas from there are included. Alcoholic drinks, specialty coffees have a charge.

See my answers in red.

Above correct.

They will sometimes maintain a wait list on board and if someone cancels, you can book. That also allows the person canceling to get their money refunded/not charged. However, they do not "hold back" excursion reservations the way they do "adult dining" slots.

Bandanas same on all ships, all cruises.

Tinkerbell light up figurine (and Buzz also) were $5 + gratuity. They were just attached to a foam cup though. I do seem to have seen some on a plastic cup...not sure of that price.

No need to bring food to Castaway or return to the ship. It is easiest to think of Castaway as an extension of the ship. Those items that are included on the ship are included on Castaway; those that cost extra on ship will need a KTTW charge on the island. The exception is the post office--cash only, US or Bahamian.

If the excursion you want is not available via Disney, check the ports of call forum to see if someone can suggest a private tour operator doing the same or similar activity.

That's a good idea. I know we can typically just set up something or get a driver at the pier. Something about having a toddler makes me less adventurous!

Thanks.

Last year I was able to not get the tinkerbell cup...I'm not so sure about this year...all week 'wear tink tink costume cruise ship'.

Oh, and she asking about Sopia the first, anyone know if she's on the Wonder? I know she's in one of the parks. I'm not ever sure how she knew to ask/think that. Maybe because I said Cinderella would be there. and is Tinkerbell there?

I do not beleive Sofia is on any of the ships, nor Tinkerbell.

That's a good idea. I know we can typically just set up something or get a driver at the pier. Something about having a toddler makes me less adventurous!

Thanks.

Last year I was able to not get the tinkerbell cup...I'm not so sure about this year...all week 'wear tink tink costume cruise ship'.

Oh, and she asking about Sopia the first, anyone know if she's on the Wonder? I know she's in one of the parks. I'm not ever sure how she knew to ask/think that. Maybe because I said Cinderella would be there. and is Tinkerbell there?

I do not recall seeing Ariel on board the Dream most recently (Cinderella, Tiana, Snow White, Aurora and I heard of but never saw Jasmine)

For a good Ariel meet and great I would recommend Akershuus in Epcot. Less crowded and fast than the Royal table (other Princesses there too) She does have legs tho.

I didn't think so, but I figured I'd ask. I've been trying to get her excited about the others, but she's stuck on Tinkerbell, Arial and Sopia. (Arail ONLY as a mermaid).

I have never seen Ariel do a meet and greet as a mermaid.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Well, she should! lol. It's ok, she makes an appearance in The Floating Palace, Sopia turns into a mermaid as well. I'm so sick of reading that book, it's been 'lost' this weekend. I needed a break!

I have never seen Ariel do a meet and greet as a mermaid.

She used to do one at Disneyland. There was a rock wall with a section that would rotate and Ariel would come out on sitting on a rock. She could flop her tail but wouldn't come off of the rock for obvious reasons. Flopping around on the ground would be a sad sight.

I believe that that location is Pixie Hollow now.

To answer the OP, there are some slots held for concierge guests to book inboard. After the first day, any not taken are opened to everyone else. Also sometimes there will be cancellations that you can pick up.

To answer the OP, there are some slots held for concierge guests to book inboard. After the first day, any not taken are opened to everyone else. Also sometimes there will be cancellations that you can pick up.

This is only correct for SPA reservations, Palo and Remy. Not for shore excursions.

Of all my Disney cruises (12 or so) only two of them were NOT in concierge, so I know what they offer and what they don't.

This is only correct for SPA reservations, Palo and Remy. Not for shore excursions.

Of all my Disney cruises (12 or so) only two of them were NOT in concierge, so I know what they offer and what they don't.

That was not my experience. We were offered "sold out" excursions on our last cruise. We declined as we weren't interested.

That was not my experience. We were offered "sold out" excursions on our last cruise. We declined as we weren't interested.

You must have had an interesting experience at the concierge meeting, then. Usually they're so busy, they introduce themselves, ask what they can do for you, and get it taken care of so they can move on. I've not ever had them sit down and go over a list of ALL the FULLY BOOKED excursions, asking us if we wanted them to get us on one of them.

If they took that much time with every concierge guest, they'd be sitting there for two days.

:rolleyes:

I didn't intend for my posts to sound as if they were hostile. I just prefer for people to have the correct information, and with 10 Disney cruises in concierge, I've had some experience.

TO THE OP......It's definitely worth it to ask the concierge reps when you meet with them, but don't count on it. It's best to keep checking the Disney website, to see if something has opened up.

I have only cruised concierge on DCL. The first time we had excursions booked in advance. The second time we had no excursions booked, and when we met with the concierge (actually two of them at once, we were the only people in the lounge) they offered an excursion which had been showing as sold out online the day before, which I mentioned to the concierge and was told that they hold a few slots back for inboard booking by concierge guests.

Your experience is irrelevant unless you have unsuccessfully tried to book sold out excursions once on board and been told no.

I have only cruised concierge on DCL. The first time we had excursions booked in advance. The second time we had no excursions booked, and when we met with the concierge (actually two of them at once, we were the only people in the lounge) they offered an excursion which had been showing as sold out online the day before, which I mentioned to the concierge and was told that they hold a few slots back for inboard booking by concierge guests.

Your experience is irrelevant unless you have unsuccessfully tried to book sold out excursions once on board and been told no.

Since the OP didn't state that they were in concierge, I guess it's a moot point.

Edited by MizDaisy

Since the OP didn't state that they were in concierge, I guess it's a moot point.

Not true. If they aren't sold to concierge guests the first day, they are released as inventory to guest services for anyone. This is what I had previously posted and why I suggested that the OP check once on board before you tried to derail the thread with irrelevant (and inaccurate) information.

She used to do one at Disneyland. There was a rock wall with a section that would rotate and Ariel would come out on sitting on a rock. She could flop her tail but wouldn't come off of the rock for obvious reasons. Flopping around on the ground would be a sad sight.

I believe that that location is Pixie Hollow now.

IDK, I might make the trip for that...

Thankfully, at two she's happy with books and stickers. I'm not brave enough to hit Disney yet. The drive to port will be bad enough.

No, we're not concierge, I'd likely have to actually get a job to afford that, or cruise less, and I'm not willing to do either, lol.

Thanks!