RCCL Float

There are a few pics of the float in Mpoole's thread about going to the parade. It featured kids on the flowrider, zipline, I think, things like that. Kristen Chenoweth sang New York, New York.

More like lip-sink that song...and not very well.... :eek:

The float was cute, but Kristen struggled to keep up with the sound track... shame...she's very talented.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

The float was cute, but Kristen struggled to keep up with the sound track... shame...she's very talented.

I was going to post the same thing. It was kind of funny, she completely missed her queue to start. Her voice started coming out and she got this startled look on her face and started up like a second later. I got a good laugh out of it.

Funny you should mention the lyp sync.....we were talking about that at the dinner table last night. All the money they spend on that parade and the performers that sing don't even do it live. Kristen Chenowith was awful !

Kristen did not get started with her lip-sink very well and it went down hill from there. We saw her 15 years ago, before her rise to stardom when she was on a theater show "Prairie Home Companion". It was actually a radio broadcast done in a theater, live. It was fun....and she was fabulous.

On the float, disappointment. Float was cute.

Let's cut Kristin some holiday slack here....LOL;)

Everybody knows that on an ordinary day, she can perform her a-- off. Many vocalists (not all, but some) who sing in those parades on moving vehicles have occasional issues with the musical tracks, their voices, etc. Not to mention, cold air can wreak havoc on a singer's lungs/vocal cords. Kristin no doubt knows that performance wasn't her best; but it was just good to see Royal represented in the parade. :)

I guess my DVR did not pick it up. I have been through it twice now. I am from the midwest and I don't know if there is a different feed. The first half hour was the Broadway shows. 9-9:30. Then the parade started. I looked at the 35 minute mark through the end and then all the way through. So I guess I missed something.

Funny you should mention the lyp sync.....we were talking about that at the dinner table last night. All the money they spend on that parade and the performers that sing don't even do it live. Kristen Chenowith was awful !

Not her fault. Less than ideal conditions like a studio would have...lots of echoing and very hard to hear when you're on one of those.

I was less impressed with the float itself, almost nothing about Quantum itself. Not too creative either:(

The segment was at the very end of the parade.

Edited by BecciBoo

Let's cut Kristin some holiday slack here....LOL;)

Everybody knows that on an ordinary day, she can perform her a-- off. Many vocalists (not all, but some) who sing in those parades on moving vehicles have occasional issues with the musical tracks, their voices, etc. Not to mention, cold air can wreak havoc on a singer's lungs/vocal cords. Kristin no doubt knows that performance wasn't her best; but it was just good to see Royal represented in the parade. :)

I know what you mean - do you remember her in the show "Pushing Daisies" she could really belt out a song in that show.

Pat