Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

The only complaint I've heard at all regarding the food on Royal Princess is concerning the quality in the main dining rooms. Apparently it is not very good. Everywhere I've eaten it's been quite good.

On the trans-atlantic we ate dinner every night in the Allegro Dining room & found the food in the dining room to be the best we have ever experienced on a ship.

Dave, so looking forward to meeting you next week. I think I've gained five pounds this week just from looking at your photos!

I picked up purple beads today and will be wearing them at the Outrigger on Sunday! Super excited about the Wine Dinner! Super, super excited about meeting our fellow cruisers on December 8th!

Edited by jangor
spelling

Forward stair column between decks 7 and 8

11210865185_811a8e5771_c.jpg

11211009543_ab6a99d07f_c.jpg

Allegro Dining Room entrance

11210866425_238bef3f19_c.jpg

Chef's Table Lumiere

11210865565_9073d64f9d_c.jpg

11210865555_85518586f2_c.jpg

Thanks Dave, I knew I could count on you to take a picture of the leopard!!! Is the artist still onboard? He looks like Adam Lambert.

Good morning to all those who are following Dave on his cruise' date='

We all seem to be really enjoying the photos and information that Dave is generously sharing while on his cruise.

But he does not have unlimited internet minutes :eek:.

alexmom had a great idea to personally provide a General Onboard Gift Credit for Dave. Anyone can do it!! And the OBC will be applied to his account the same day. The Princess phone number is toll free. (800-774-6237-Then press 3) You just need to know that his name is David Walker and his stateroom is C406. It can be done anonymously if you prefer - you can include a note, or not.

Please consider expressing your appreciation in a tangible way. :):)

Kay

[b']Posted by DMW1959NC: [/b] Just trying to get as much posted before we leave St. Thomas since I can use AT&T. Once we leave, I'm back in the ships internet and I've been burning through 250 minutes pretty quick.

(Don't know why the multi-quotes function would not work for Dave's post.)

Did something else for Dave. Wish I had thought of OBC!

Neal from Crooners says 'HI' to 'Hulk Hogan' (Joe), #1WineLover (Larry), and the whole gang from the Royal Princess Inaugural Caribbean's. He also said Tatyana has already gone home. :(

Thank you very much for trying. I didn't realize that Tatyana was going to be leaving so soon. :(

The Beatlemaniac's show in the atrium was absolutely fantastic. They had just about everybody up dancing and singing along with them. Hopefully, you will see this message before tonight's performance.

Thanks again,

Hulk,Oops, I mean Joe:D

Hi David --

I have made a gift OBC for you. Please use it to buy internet minutes so that you can keep us all in the loop. You are doing a fantastic job with your report and pictures. It will not be posted until the second segment of your trip so do not worry if it does not show up until then.

Just a big THANK YOU!!!!

Silverbird

Re: MDR Menus

For some reason, the daily MDR menus are posted at the entrance to the Horizon

Buffet. I'm pretty sure they were at the Back Elevator entrance to Horizon. Weird.

We were on the 11/17 sailing. Thanks for your great photos and info.

Neal from Crooners says 'HI' to 'Hulk Hogan' (Joe), #1WineLover (Larry), and the whole gang from the Royal Princess Inaugural Caribbean's. He also said Tatyana has already gone home. :(

Tomorrow is St. Martin and I'll post those patters after I watch our arrival and breakfast.

Tell Neal that I have my "Wine Lover is IN the bar" that he made for my chair safely tucked away with my memories from the Maiden. I think of him every time I look at it, and show pictures of it to my friends. That was a great 12 days for me! Glad Tatyana is home with her family and friends. She is indeed a sweetheart, and a VERY GOOD bartender! I miss them all a lot! :(

Dave, so looking forward to meeting you next week. I think I've gained five pounds this week just from looking at your photos!

I picked up purple beads today and will be wearing them at the Outrigger on Sunday! Super excited about the Wine Dinner! Super, super excited about meeting our fellow cruisers on December 8th!

And a very sincere Bon Voyage to you, Jangor! I shall be here watching the activities via this thread, and recalling the wonderful memories I had from the Maiden Caribbean and the 11/3 cruise! I loved the ship!!!

Thank you very much for trying. I didn't realize that Tatyana was going to be leaving so soon. :(

The Beatlemaniac's show in the atrium was absolutely fantastic. They had just about everybody up dancing and singing along with them. Hopefully, you will see this message before tonight's performance.

Thanks again,

Yeah Joe, I think Neal nailed you correctly. I never thought of it until I saw Dave's message from Neal, the WHAMO! The mustache does it ALL! Miss you guys!

Glad Tatyana is home with her family and friends. She is indeed a sweetheart, and a VERY GOOD bartender! I miss them all a lot! :(

Yes, Tatyana was wonderful, always smiling and we loved the way she shook our Martini's and did her little dance! We looked forward to seeing her at every day at Happy Hour!

Dinner this evening was at the Crown Grill. I had the Pan Seared Scallops, Shrimp and Pancetta Bisque, Red Skin Mashed Potatoes, and 8 ounce Filet Mignon with mushrooms on the side. They also offered a 3-salt condiment. Desert was the Crown Dependence, a small sampling of the four different deserts offered. The entire meal was amazing, and of course, I'll be back next week. Ileana (Romania) and Ond (Hungary) were my servers and were really sweet and charming. I hope I get them on my next visit.

After I was rolled out of Crown Grill I headed back up to my cabin to recover before attempting to go see Beatlemaniacs tonight at 9pm. I hope I don't fall asleep from all that food!!!

We have two full sea days ahead of us before returning to Fort Lauderdale. The Captain came over during dinner and advised that the ship may be rocking back and forth a bit tomorrow, but until that point the ride has been ultra smooth from where I'm standing.

After five days aboard Royal Princess I can honestly say I'm looking forward to another week on her. I never left the ship in Princess Cay, St. Thomas, or St. Martin and plan on doing the same next week except to ride the Paradise Point tramway if it's open.

More to come... :D

11228626335_af5edaf646_c.jpg

11228626685_71c882e21a_c.jpg

11228627045_c88b510e12_c.jpg

11228627065_2070bd932c_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

During desert a gentleman was informing guests of the Super Tuscan Wine Tasting event, and I asked for details if anyone is interested:

The cost is $40 per person and includes a welcoming glass of sparkling Prosecco, followed by a sample of five red wines, then on the pictured list of those Super Tuscan wines, a 2-ounce pour of each.

A small appetizer is also offered with the five wines listed on the front side of the Super Tuscan Wine card (that I've also included a picture of):

Wine 1 - Lasagna

Wine 2 - Chicken Polenta

Wine 3 - Duck Breast

Wine 4 - Steak

Wine 5 - Lamb chops

11228658725_07e40c71b7_b.jpg

11228659215_b6ae7446d2_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

During desert a gentleman was informing guests of the Super Tuscan Wine Tasting event, and I asked for details if anyone is interested:

The cost is $40 per person and includes a welcoming glass of sparkling Prosecco, followed by a sample of five red wines, then on the pictured list of those Super Tuscan wines, a 2-ounce pour of each.

A small appetizer is also offered with the five wines listed on the front side of the Super Tuscan Wine card (that I've also included a picture of):

Wine 1 - Lasagna

Wine 2 - Chicken Polenta

Wine 3 - Duck Breast

Wine 4 - Steak

Wine 5 - Lamb chops

I'm not trying to influence anyone's decision about the Super Tuscan Wine Tasting but having experienced it thought I'd share our experience.

We were disappointed in it & thought it was overpriced. Three of the five wines were in the upper $20s to mid $30s price range. To me the $25 Maître d' wine tasting was just as good for wines & the hors d'oeuvres were good if not quite as good as at the Super Tuscan. We won't do it again because at $40 we expected higher quality wines & more than the 'small' appetizers.

Others may feel differently but for the same $40 the Winemakers Dinner was far superior for us. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks again,

Joe,

Now I will start calling you HULK!!! :D:D:D

I'm not trying to influence anyone's decision about the Super Tuscan Wine Tasting but having experienced it thought I'd share our experience.

We were disappointed in it & thought it was overpriced. Three of the five wines were in the upper $20s to mid $30s price range. To me the $25 Maître d' wine tasting was just as good for wines & the hors d'oeuvres were good if not quite as good as at the Super Tuscan. We won't do it again because at $40 we expected higher quality wines & more than the 'small' appetizers.

Others may feel differently but for the same $40 the Winemakers Dinner was far superior for us. :D

I attended the Super Tuscan tasting on last week's cruise (Thanksgiving Week) and thought I would chime in. I enjoyed it and thought that the pairings were nice. The appetizers were delicious and the wines were enjoyable. What I found to be the biggest negative is that as the wines were being presented, our food pairings were out of cycle. As an example, the 2nd wine was being presented, yet we hadn't even received our food pairing for the first wine. This caused a snowball effect as the tasting progressed, and they even ran out of the lamb for our table! However, I will say they jumped into action and cracked another bottle just for our table and prepared us some lamb after everyone else had left. It became an "open pour" for us until the lamb was done. One other thing not mentioned is that if you attend, you can purchase the wines for a 15% discount and either send them to your room or to the dining room. We took advantage of that deal also!

We did attend the Wine Maker's dinner on St Thomas night and agree with Astro Flyer that it is a tremendous value. We have previously done 4 Chef's Tables and feel that the Wine Maker's dinner is a far superior value in comparison.

I will have to do both! :)

The Tignanello alone is reason for me to partake, a superb wine!!!