WOW Sale Questions

RSLeesburg

I know there is a look back period for the WOW sales, but what happens if you cancel and rebook a higher category room? We don't have any OBC or discounts on our current booking, so would only do this for the OBC offered with WOW sale? We were debating upgrading a category, and just wondering if it's worth it or not...

Good question. In the past, the look back restriction made no mention of stateroom type, just ship and sail date. Also, I've looked at the terms on the upcoming sale and cannot find any look back restriction.

I know there is a look back period for the WOW sales, but what happens if you cancel and rebook a higher category room? We don't have any OBC or discounts on our current booking, so would only do this for the OBC offered with WOW sale? We were debating upgrading a category, and just wondering if it's worth it or not...

don't think that will fly.

Good question. In the past, the look back restriction made no mention of stateroom type, just ship and sail date. Also, I've looked at the terms on the upcoming sale and cannot find any look back restriction.

I am going to watch the prices - if they go up more than they are now, it is not worth it. But if the stay the same, then it may not hurt to try.

don't think that will fly.

Maybe, maybe not. We have GS booked, and that category is completely sold out for our cruise. The OS, on the hand, has 4 out of 5 cabins still available. They may be willing to allow me to upgrade and get OBC to free up another GS, which are way more popular than OS.

Maybe, maybe not. We have GS booked, and that category is completely sold out for our cruise. The OS, on the hand, has 4 out of 5 cabins still available. They may be willing to allow me to upgrade and get OBC to free up another GS, which are way more popular than OS.

RCL does not negotiate pricing

RCL does not negotiate pricing

Not trying to negotiate pricing. Trying to cancel one category cabin and rebook a higher one to get OBC offered by WOW sale. They will either let me do it or not. I was offering rationale for why they might allow it.

I was not impressed with their sale. Celebrity came out with much more

enticing offers. I would like to see RCCL offer the beverage pkgs. Wonder why they don't? :confused:

It's possible. Royal has offered beverage packages on some recent transatlantic cruises.

Not trying to negotiate pricing. Trying to cancel one category cabin and rebook a higher one to get OBC offered by WOW sale. They will either let me do it or not. I was offering rationale for why they might allow it.

Wow sale is for new bookings only. Changing categories doesn't fall in that description

I think you could cancel and rebook. But check the cabin prices first. If they have gone up due to the sale, it may not be worth it. If you are working with a TA, have them do a new booking to see the difference in price BEFORE cancelling the other...

I think you could cancel and rebook. But check the cabin prices first. If they have gone up due to the sale, it may not be worth it. If you are working with a TA, have them do a new booking to see the difference in price BEFORE cancelling the other...

According to Wow Sale rules, you can't cancel and rebook

Just booked a 17 day cruise 2 weeks ago.....I guess I'm out of luck to get the promotion on the WOW sale from Dec 2-4? Is there anything I'd be able to do?

even if you could cancel and rebook, you would not be eligible for any other Royal Caribbean OBC or balcony discount

No, not allowed. Sorry.

This is the "fine print" from the WOW email. I don't see any look back this time. I suppose "Certain restrictions may apply" could cover it but I seem to remember it's been spelled out in the past:

TERMS & CONDITIONS

*The 50% reduced deposit can be applied via any automated booking tool (Cruisematch®, Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo or Wordspan). However, the booking confirmation will not reflect the reduced deposit amount due. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises and cruisetours that depart on or after January 1, 2014, excluding Quantum of the Seas. Offer applies to new FIT bookings with required deposit only and is not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid December 2, 3, or 4, 2013. Bookings made on December 2, 3, or 4, 2013 , without required deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Net Rates, Weekly Sales Event, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. Bookings with a Cruisetour package will receive an OBC based on the combined length of the cruise and Cruisetour package. Offer is available in the United States and Canada. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated or changes the ship or sail date after December 4, 2013 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard Credit will be applied automatically to qualified bookings. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect the reduced deposit. Subject to availability. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy and in US dollars. Certain restrictions may apply. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

This is the "fine print" from the WOW email. I don't see any look back this time. I suppose "Certain restrictions may apply" could cover it but I seem to remember it's been spelled out in the past...

I agree with you, the look back appears to be missing. There's always been a clearly stated cut off date beyond which a cruise could not be cancelled and rebooked and still get the WOW benefits.