Glory 11/17 sailing- caught Norovirus.

CruznFam704

My husband n I as well as 2 yo all got seriously sick. Baby got sick as soon as we got off ship. We booked hotel room to rest in cuz flight isn't til 9pm. Lucky we did. She had explosive watery diarrhea!! I can literally hear her little stomach gurgling. She was in pain n crying. Then my husband got sick as soon as we got home. I got it the following day. I read that it takes 2 days for symptoms to appear. Our thanksgiving was miserable!!! We r still very sick. Just wondering if anyone else got sick.

Happens just about everywhere, not just ships!

Primary villain? People who know they are ill and still get on the ship! And then proceed to spread it!

Sorry for your nightmare.....

Yep! Unfortunately people who know they are sick still board because they don't want to miss their cruise and then spread it around to the healthy.

Several years ago my daughter complained she was cold just as we were preparing to disembark. The air conditioning was cranked pretty high so I took my sweater off and wrapped it around her and didn't think much more about it, right until the moment she threw up all over the customs officials shoes. I will never ever forget the look on his face.

Hope every one recovers! Unfortunately this happens some times on a cruise?

We all recovered nicely, thank you very much but it was pure hell during it!

We've been on almost 20 cruises and this is our 2 yo's 3rd cruise and have never gotten sick. Baby's even been on transatlantic cruise and was fine. This is the first time we've ever used the Kids club though, and I think that's where she caught it. While taking care of her, my husband and I both got sick. I've heard of the same thing happening to other parents who sent their kids to Kids clubs. I guess next time we just have to be even more vigilant in using the hand sanitizers and washing up.

Well,if you think the kid's club was to blame, I sure hope you don't send your child to daycare, school, church or visit a nursing home, mall or hospital in the future. Norwalk virus can be caught almost EVERYWHERE. And since the virus can mutate, one can never get full immunity to it.

I'm sorry that you and your family came down with the virus, but the same thing happens at home too.

I hope you are all feeling better! :)