Bonus points question

thetallone101

To get the 25 extra bonus points for booking today, do you have to book directly through celebrity? I found a site that I can get a small OBC with the 123 promo so I'd prefer to do that.

I can book and get the 25 pts thru my online TA but the bonus is for Aqua Class and above

I booked today to get those 25 Bonus points - and I would have preferred to book Concierge - but the promo is for Aqua and ABOVE so I book Aqua. My question is why not Concierge/Aqua and above as both Concierge and Aqua earn the same points normally (5 per day)?

I booked today to get those 25 Bonus points - and I would have preferred to book Concierge - but the promo is for Aqua and ABOVE so I book Aqua. My question is why not Concierge/Aqua and above as both Concierge and Aqua earn the same points normally (5 per day)?

Then I should ask why the 1-2-3 is only for OV and above. Why not IN? They both receive 2 points per night. :eek:

We can ask these questions all day long, but in the end, it is what it is, and those are the rules, whether we may like them or not or think they make any sense. I am in total agreement with you. :)

The aqua class but not concierge is killing me. We have 260 points. going on a 7 night New Year's cruise but book veranda not concierge before the change. that gets us 21 points. going to europe in august. we love aqua class, but there will be three of us so can't do that. Concierge gets us 35 points. Thus we end up at 294 or 4 points shy of elite. Option a) try to upgrade december cruise - concierge is sold out. would be over $1200 more for aqua class and I think we lose our beverage plan from the prior 123. Option b) suite for Europe - $3000 increase. Option c) wait for another cruise to reach elite. Any suggestions or ideas?

Yes, stop worrying about things that are not as important as enjoying your cruise. If you cruise enough it will happen that one day you'll move up the tiers but until then just cruise because you want the vacation.

Excellent advice!! We booked last week taking advantage of the 15% off for our next summer cruise. It was a better deal for us than the 1,2,3. Will love to get the 25 extra points but know is not going to happen, even though we booked a suite. :):) Still happy, I just love cruising and planning our vacations!

The aqua class but not concierge is killing me. We have 260 points. going on a 7 night New Year's cruise but book veranda not concierge before the change. that gets us 21 points. going to europe in august. we love aqua class, but there will be three of us so can't do that. Concierge gets us 35 points. Thus we end up at 294 or 4 points shy of elite. Option a) try to upgrade december cruise - concierge is sold out. would be over $1200 more for aqua class and I think we lose our beverage plan from the prior 123. Option b) suite for Europe - $3000 increase. Option c) wait for another cruise to reach elite. Any suggestions or ideas?

Check your math? You are currently at 260 after your 21 point December cruise you will be at 281. After your 35 point August cruise you will be at 316 enough for Elite in the same number of cruises as you would have been with the previous program.

How did you calculate the 294? Am I missing something?

You might want to see if you can add the 123 promo to your August cruise.

Good luck

Check your math? You are currently at 260 after your 21 point December cruise you will be at 281. After your 35 point August cruise you will be at 316 enough for Elite in the same number of cruises as you would have been with the previous program.

How did you calculate the 294? Am I missing something?

You might want to see if you can add the 123 promo to your August cruise.

Good luck

Sorry - typo on my part. I had 7 credits and now have 240 points not 260. For the prior posters, I am not losing sleep over it, just looking to see if i was missing any ideas. I am getting ready to book the Europe cruise using the new 123 and want to book it in whatever way makes the most overall sense. We don't drink heavily and would not benefit enough to really worry about getting elite one cruise earlier. Technically, it will take me one more cruise than it would have under the old plan, but that is far from the end of the world. I am not seriously concerned.

Edited by robsmom