Cruise Sold Out - September 27, 2015

Carol From California

We booked the Sept 02, 2015 Viking Star cruise.......the last I looked all but the highest level suites were sold out. We won't know for sure until Dec 31, 2013, when all payments are due for the Sept 2015 cruises.....It will be a wonderful season to cruise Europe.

1987 NCL M/S Skyward

1988 RC Sovereign of the Seas

2004 Carnival :(

2006 Celebrity Infinity

2007/2009 Celebrity Constellation

2012/2013 Celebrity Equinox

2014 Celebrity Silhouette

2015 Viking Star

• 2 weeks later...
I'm making final payment for our stateroom tomorrow. Hope you get on, Carol from California! I would imagine there would be a few open cabins between now and the end of Sept. 2015!

Maybe you did not read my post correctly. We are booked on this cruise. We booked it months ago when the cruise was first announced. Did you book the same one? September 27, Venice to Istanbul?

Yes, sorry. After I posted I realized you were on the cruise, but decided not to go back and try to change it. Yes, my husband and I are on the cruise. We're from the Washington DC area, have done a number of Viking river cruises and a number of miscellaneous ocean cruises, mostly on Oceania. We haven't decided whether to go early to Venice, stay late in Istanbul, or both. (Opinions? A couple people say that Venice smells - true? Is Cappadocia too far to go from Istanbul? Anyone know what airlines Viking normally uses for its river cruises? Also, is there a Roll Call?)

Yes, sorry. After I posted I realized you were on the cruise, but decided not to go back and try to change it. Yes, my husband and I are on the cruise. We're from the Washington DC area, have done a number of Viking river cruises and a number of miscellaneous ocean cruises, mostly on Oceania. We haven't decided whether to go early to Venice, stay late in Istanbul, or both. (Opinions? A couple people say that Venice smells - true? Is Cappadocia too far to go from Istanbul? Anyone know what airlines Viking normally uses for its river cruises? Also, is there a Roll Call?)

There is a roll call that is lumped together with "all other cruises". Actually you were the one who created it for our particular cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1873588 They did not set up a separate roll call for Viking Ocean Cruises yet. There is also a separate roll call that someone on Cruise Critic created. I need to search for it. In the meantime, email me regarding your questions. I'd also like to ask you about the Viking river cruises you have taken.

Edited by Carol From California
Found link for roll call and wanted to add to post

• 4 months later...

We are also booked on this cruise. We had a stop in Venice last year and didn't have time for St Marks,so we have to go back. Ocean cruising has been with HAL, Celebrity, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. We have done one Viking River cruise -tulips and windmills, when it was the coldest winter Europe had had for one hundred years (we went the last week in March), not a tulip in sight and went around windmills in minus twenty degrees!

I have a question that I get different answers for. Our cruise ends in Istanbul. Do we need a visa??? That is if we are being transferred by Viking straight to the airport. I was considering a stay in Istanbul, but the Viking packages seem really expensive and I don't think I know enough to arrange things myself.

Yes, you need a visa, but doing it yourself could not be easier - and is the preferred way these days.

Just go to the e-visa dot gov dot tr website, fill out the form, pay $25, and print it at home!

Oops! If you stay you need a Visa. If Viking is transporting you directly to the airport, perhaps not. Viking will be best for answering that definitively. Sorry!

Edited by cmaasfamily
incorrect info

Venice is magical and does NOT smell! Take a water taxi from the airport and have an unforgettable arrival to this ancient city. Most hotels in the old city have private docks for the water taxis to deliver you to the door of your hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app