Coffee makers in QM2 cabins?

dsfromnj

My family and I are traveling on the QM2 Christmas Caribbean cruise and I have a coffee question.

I've never been on the QM2, but I have cruised on the QE2, 10 years ago, and I clearly remember the ATROCIOUS coffee. Understandable, it's a tea drinking country.

Are there coffee makers in the cabin? If so, do they use the hotel style coffee pods?

I appreciate any info!

Thank you

While many lines do provide kettles in cabins when based in the UK, Cunard surprisingly does not in any of its ships wherever they are sailing.

Notice I referred to kettles, not coffee makers. I don't believe you will ever see K-cup style brewers on any ship due to the fire hazard. You may bring your own kettle onboard if it is thermostatically controlled with auto shut off so you can indulge in your preferred brand of instant.

No coffee makers in QM2 cabins.

I've read here that they have introduced a Costa coffee card in Sir Samuel's. Something like $38 for 10 coffees. Perhaps this will be a higher quality coffee (beans and/or preparation) that will be more tolerable.

Come find the roll call thread for the cruise - for some reason there appear to be two threads running in parallel. See you onboard...

No coffee makers in QM2 cabins.

I've read here that they have introduced a Costa coffee card in Sir Samuel's. Something like $38 for 10 coffees. Perhaps this will be a higher quality coffee (beans and/or preparation) that will be more tolerable.

Come find the roll call thread for the cruise - for some reason there appear to be two threads running in parallel. See you onboard...

thanks, will do!

You would be best asking this on the Cunard board.

However, generally, no, there are not coffee pots in cruise ship cabins. They are considered a fire hazard.

NCL pearl had them in their minisuites. the coffee provided for them was not very good though.

To the OP, now this may be a lot of trouble but you can buy a coffee press for under $10. I have for when our power is out (we get storms often in the spring and fall) since we have a gas stove. No plugs so no fire hazard, all it takes is boiling hot water which you can find in the buffet restaurant at the self serve. Heck your steward would probably bring a pot of hot water to you too.