Celebrity century vs Celebrity Millenium

gordylad

we have only criuised solstice class of ships but looking at the far easy and our only choice is century or millenium.

The latest reviews on millenium [on cruise critic] are not exactly inspiring so asking for any thoughts.

Thanks

I've been on both ships and I would choose Millennium any day over Century. I know Century has a lot of fans here, but it's the one Celebrity ship I've sailed I did not like. In fact, if it was my first X cruise, I may not have returned.

My biggest complaint about my recent Millennium cruise was ship upkeep. They were not doing a good job in that area. But the ship was still a lot better, in my opinion than Century.

Can you avoid both? I woul certainly try to avoid both. If not possible I would prefer the Century, which I find oder but with better service als the Millenium. Now I believe the Infinity and the Constellation are also millenium class ships. I have never sailed on the Constellation but twice on the Infinity. I would take the Infinity again any time.

we have only criuised solstice class of ships but looking at the far easy and our only choice is century or millenium.

The latest reviews on millenium [on cruise critic] are not exactly inspiring so asking for any thoughts.

Thanks

I've cruised both ships -- and love them both. In fact, we're doing a b2b on Century, in a couple of months. You don't mention itinerary in your post, and that would be the deciding factor for me. Century, being the older, smaller ship, has limited pool facilities: two outdoor pools and four tiny hot-tubs. The T-pool was removed during her major renovation, back in '06. So, if you are going to someplace chilly, like Alaska -- Millie, with her lovely Solarium and T-pool might be a better choice.

I also have sailed on both, and the Millennium is my least preferred M-class ship (but in all fairness, I haven't been on the Summit). I am not sure why, but I find the Constellation and Infinity much nicer than the Millennium.

We have done four cruises on the Century, and I like the ship. While the Century lacks the visually stunning atrium of the S-class ships, many of its public rooms have a certain graciousness about them.

You may want to select the ship based on the itineraries.