New menus and ***** !!!!!

trebork

Most won't agree, but tablecloths are currently considered "out of date" and old fashioned in the restaurant world. Very few places use them any more. It's considered much more environmentally friendly as well.

As long as the food and service are good I don't really care if there are tablecloths or not.

There are lots of fine dining places around that no longer use them, either.

To each there own, but I disagree. I can eat at home with no tablecloth and all is good but if I'm paying good money to eat out..no matter the location...I expect a certain standard.

The harder surface is less likely to harbor germs than linen which must be washed at a high enough temp to kill things and holds those germs in the fibers if something gets on them (think a waiter sneezing during table setup.)

Omg I'm sorry but the germifobe thing in the US is ridiculous.

The linen is laundered in a temp that kills anything...really, get a life!

Maybe this will end the argument over what people wear to the MDR.

Was going to post something similar .... I don't wear jeans to the dining room, because that's not how I was raised. I'm not judging anyone who does and it doesn't affect my meal in any way. HOWEVER, I have to wonder if these changes aren't Carnival's way of waving the proverbial white flag. I know that nothing has been said about dress code but no white linen tablecloths ...

Maybe I'm reading too much in between the lines. According to the OP, these changes will be in effect this next sailing on the Glory. I am sailing on her Sunday and am now anxious to see how things are changed.

I also wonder how Formal Night (Elegant Night) will be handled in the dining room as well. How can you have a formal dinner without white linen tablecloths?

Will be interesting to see and I will report back!

Omg I'm sorry but the germifobe thing in the US is ridiculous.

The linen is laundered in a temp that kills anything...really, get a life!

Completely agree with you!

Friends and coworkers have given me a hard time for years because I don't use antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizer, yet its funny how I get sick much less than them. I say you have to give your immune system something to work with or it doesn't work!

Thought I read on another thread here that the tables will be changed. Just got off the Epic, and the dining venues I used, did not have table cloths, and were not missed. I agree with others here who say table cloths are a thing of the past. If the tables in he MDR's are being replaced, I would expect to experience a more modern dining room feel.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Edited by soccersharon

Was going to post something similar .... I don't wear jeans to the dining room, because that's not how I was raised. I'm not judging anyone who does and it doesn't affect my meal in any way. HOWEVER, I have to wonder if these changes aren't Carnival's way of waving the proverbial white flag. I know that nothing has been said about dress code but no white linen tablecloths ...

Maybe I'm reading too much in between the lines. According to the OP, these changes will be in effect this next sailing on the Glory. I am sailing on her Sunday and am now anxious to see how things are changed.

I also wonder how Formal Night (Elegant Night) will be handled in the dining room as well. How can you have a formal dinner without white linen tablecloths?

I believe the OP said that linens would still be used on elegant nights.

The MDR experience is def changing. I beleive that on on formal night there will be linens but other nights not. There are other changes as well. You can report back and tell us all the rest.

Thought I read on another thread here that the tables will be changed. Just got off the Epic, and the dining venues I used, did not have table cloths, and were not missed. I agree with others here who say table cloths are a thing of the past. If the tables in the MDR's are being replaced, I would expect to experience a more modern dining room feel.

Thought I read on another thread here that the tables will be changed. Just got off the Epic, and the dining venues I used, did not have table cloths, and were not missed. I agree with others here who say table cloths are a thing of the past. If the tables in he MDR's are being replaced, I would expect to experience a more modern dining room feel.

There were not table cloths in the Steakhouse on the Breeze in April.

Pray tell.

I just love how people keep dropping these little hints around and then refuse to elaborate. Either spit it out or hold your peace.

Personally, if the food is good I could care less about table linens.

I thought it said it all. They are gone for regular dining

Completely agree with you!

Friends and coworkers have given me a hard time for years because I don't use antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizer, yet its funny how I get sick much less than them. I say you have to give your immune system something to work with or it doesn't work!

You are definitely the sensible one...To have a healthy immune system you have to be exposed to germs!!

I thought it said it all. They are gone for regular dining

Thank you. Definitely not a deal breaker for me if the food is at least as good as it was last cruise. If the food is better or even a bit different, then that's just a plus.

I apologize if I came across as cranky, but I've seen so many posts lately that drop little hints here and there and then the posters refuse to cite how they came by the information. Not to mention my back is killing me this morning!:p

DW and I are on the Liberty this Saturday and I will be happy to report the dining situation there once I see if there is a difference or not.

Thank you. Definitely not a deal breaker for me if the food is at least as good as it was last cruise. If the food is better or even a bit different, then that's just a plus.

I apologize if I came across as cranky, but I've seen so many posts lately that drop little hints here and there and then the posters refuse to cite how they came by the information. Not to mention my back is killing me this morning!:p

DW and I are on the Liberty this Saturday and I will be happy to report the dining situation there once I see if there is a difference or not.

Thre will be much comotion here, as I mentioned in another post, there are other changes as well. If you keep an open mind, I think overall, the changes are what their buying public wanted and will be well received.