Holiday Inn Express or Embassy Suites, FL?

villauk

Unsure which hotel would be more suitable: Holiday Inn Express Cruise/Airport or Embassy Suites, FL?

We arrive 7pm on Saturday evening and intend (not booked 1st cruise as of yet for B2B) to sail Sunday morning, so will not be using most of the hotel facilities on offer. Would prefer transport included in package from airport to hotel and breakfast (7 in our party). Holiday Inn isn't as expensive as Embassy, however I'm unsure of location in relation to port as both on 17th Street? We would like a supermarket handy to the hotel for last minute provisions, which I know The Embassy has as we have previously stayed at the hotel.

Which would you choose, or is there a better option :confused:? Any comments welcome :).

We usually stay at Embassy; it is a short walk from Embassy to Holiday Inn, the 2 hotels are on opposite sides of the supermarket, so you can't go wrong!

Thanks, didn't realise they were that close to each other :o. The only hotel we saw on last visit, apart from The Embassy, was The Hyatt (right next door to The Embassy).

Thanks, didn't realise they were that close to each other :o. The only hotel we saw on last visit, apart from The Embassy, was The Hyatt (right next door to The Embassy).

They are not close to each other...The HI airport cruiseport is a few miles away on State Rd 84 and is a block or so from Winn Dixie, Big Lots, fast food, takeout, and a sports bar/grill.

There is a HI Convention Center a block away from ES on SE 17th St, so you might want to look at that one. It also has a free airport shuttle.

Edited by royalcruz

They are not close to each other...The HI airport cruiseport is a few miles away on State Rd 84 and is a block or so from Winn Dixie, Big Lots, fast food, takeout, and a sports bar/grill.

There is a HI Convention Center a block away from ES on SE 17th St, so you might want to look at that one. It also has a free airport shuttle.

Thanks. I'll have to ensure I book the correct HI i.e. Convention Center. Is this one close enough to walk to a store to purchase last minute items? I think the store to the rear of The Embassy was called something like 'Publix' :confused:. Will that be the closest to the HI? Thanks for your help :).

Hi-depending on which search results page you land on for Holiday Inn, some results show a "Cruise-Airport Holiday Inn Express on 17th" and some results show "Holiday Inn Convention Centre". So it is confusing!! The link below shows if you book the one on 17th St., you can definitely walk from Embassy Suites, past the shopping area, and then to Holiday Inn Express. We have walked past it several times on our way to Walgreen's drug store from Embassy Suites. Enjoy your cruise!

https://maps.google.ca/maps?daddr=1500+SE+15th+Ave,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316,+United+States&ll=26.10008,-80.128516&spn=0.008007,0.009645&gl=ca&hq=holiday+inn+fort+lauderdale+17th+st&panel=1&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,26.100081,-80.127297&cid=11479785435622997866&t=m&z=17

Edited by QuattroRomeo

Thanks. I'll have to ensure I book the correct HI i.e. Convention Center. Is this one close enough to walk to a store to purchase last minute items? I think the store to the rear of The Embassy was called something like 'Publix' :confused:. Will that be the closest to the HI? Thanks for your help :).

Yes, the store is called "Publix" and it is in Harbor Shops. HI Convention Center is very close to it.

I prefer ES because you get two rooms with a wet bar and a balcony, also they have free breakfast, free happy hour and have a very nice pool and restaurant area. ES will hold your luggage if your room is not ready and you can check your luggage if you have a late flight for the price of a tip, whereas HI will not.

I prefer ES because you get two rooms with a wet bar and a balcony, also they have free breakfast, free happy hour and have a very nice pool and restaurant area. ES will hold your luggage if your room is not ready and you can check your luggage if you have a late flight for the price of a tip, whereas HI will not.

Considering the OP is arriving at 7 pm and checking out the next morning, I feel the higher cost to stay at ES is not the best move. Not sure the cost of the breakfast for the group would make up for the higher cost of the rooms. :o

Have stayed in Embassy Suites many times over the years with family of 4. The plus side is with the suite you have comfortable sleeping for 4 rather than a regular cramped room at most hotels. Not sure if your party of 7 are adults or children included, but something to consider. Also Embassy provides a hot full breakfast rather than the traditional continental pastries and cereals that a lot of hotels provide. I have also been looking at hotels in the Miami area and feel like Embassy provides the most bang for the buck with their perks.