Breakfast in Blu or the Elite Lounge

BosoxI

I loved the table side Meusli in Blu.

OK, the mystery is killing me! I cannot for the life of me imagine what someone could do to muesli at tableside. Can someone please enlighten me? (hope I'm not taking the bait of some inside joke:confused:).

OK, the mystery is killing me! I cannot for the life of me imagine what someone could do to muesli at tableside. Can someone please enlighten me? (hope I'm not taking the bait of some inside joke:confused:).

This is my favorite for breakfast at Blu. They have a large cart with lots of mix in items. You point and the waiter puts together your person muesli mix.

We like a full breakfast so usually go to Blu, then to the Elite lounge for fruit/ Danish and cappuccino.

My husband is an early riser so he is one of the folks who stops in to the Elite breakfast as I waking. Then we are off to Blu for one of their wonderful breakfasts. We have done four cruises in Aqua, and I always love the table-side museli. When I try to replicate it at home it just isn't as tasty. Must be something about that cart!

Thank you. I was wondering what I was missing....now I know it is the cart and what about the cute server? To be honest, I bought all the ingredients to make it at home and still haven't had the time or the energy in the morning!

OK. They have this cart loaded with bowls of ingredients. They start off with a good spoonful of rolled oats that have been soaked in milk. Then they add the other ingredients as you tell them. There are bowls of granola, cranberries, raisins, pecans, yogurt, diced apple, bananas, and regular milk or skim. Did I miss anything? You tell them what you want and they add it to your bowl. You return to your table (the tables in Blu are too close together for them to make it table side if you are by the window, for instance, so you leave your seat to tell them what you want) and they mix it all up. Yummy. I always ordered a dish of fresh berries to go with it. How I miss it!

Edited by YVR cruiser

This is my favorite for breakfast at Blu. They have a large cart with lots of mix in items. You point and the waiter puts together your person muesli mix.

OK. They have this cart loaded with bowls of ingredients. They start off with a good spoonful of rolled oats that have been soaked in milk. Then they add the other ingredients as you tell them. There are bowls of granola, cranberries, raisins, pecans, yogurt, diced apple, bananas, and regular milk or skim. Did I miss anything? You tell them what you want and they add it to your bowl. You return to your table (the tables in Blu are too close together for them to make it table side if you are by the window, for instance, so you leave your seat to tell them what you want) and they mix it all up. Yummy. I always ordered a dish of fresh berries to go with it. How I miss it!

Wow! Quite the production! All it needs is a slice of back bacon and some hollandaise! :D

Seriously, my wife is gonna love this! Thanks to both of you for your descriptions.

On our Silhouette trip Blue shut at 8:30 or 9:00, Elite later so you need to be an early riser to hit Blue. Only made Blue twice in 13nights.

On Reflection, Blu was open for breakfast from 8:00-9:30 on sea days, and earlier on port days. Since we had only 3 port days out of a 15-day transatlantic, can't recall the exact hours of operation, but something like 7:00-8:30.

Reflection Blu in Caribbean was 8-9:30 Sea Days and 7:30-9am Port days.

Agree that the muesli is all about the cart of ingredients and the cute young waiter in black tie mixing exactly what you want. :) I eat no grains so mine is more yogurt with fruit and nuts. Blu also has signature breakfast parfaits on their menu, but what fun is having a pre-made parfait placed in front of you when you can instead have one made to order? And yes, I also have bacon and hollandaise on grilled veggies..if it is in the kitchen, the chef will make it for you.

All of this service is missing at my home :(

This thread has made me realize that I should not be embarassed about having two breakfasts. Much whining about cocktail lounges and vouchers, but really Elite for some of us is two breakfasts with speciality coffee drinks.;) Now I'll only be embarassed the times DH does wake up for a full breakfast, and I have two breakfasts in Blu. :D

Que???

We have turned Elite four weeks ago and still not sailed as that. Yet... I had no idea that it existed anything like Elite breakfast.

That sounds nice but can someone explain more?

The Elite Breakfast was initially envisioned as a social event and is formally called the "Captain's Club Coffee Break" it is held mornings on board in a lounge or specialty restaurant determined each cruise depending on the number of elite, and higher tier, Captain's Club members on board. There are complimentary basic espresso based coffees and several other complimentary beverages available including a few alcoholic beverages. A full breakfast is not served but a small, but nice, continental breakfast buffet is available there. You will receive a letter in your cabin on embarkation day listing all Captain's Club events for your level including this.

The other Captain's Club benefits for Elite members are listed on Celebrity's web site. You'll receive invitations or coupons for applicable benefits in your stateroom. Most consider the major benefits to be the Captain's Club Cocktail Hour (actually two hours with a limited menu of complimentary beverages), a coupon for a complimentary 90 minute internet package, and some coupons for a limited amount of complimentary or discounted laundry services. But there are other benefits and discounts as well that many cruisers enjoy.

Edited by Lsimon

Edit..Larry wrote a better explanation. Drinks are expresso, capuccino, sparkling wine, mixed with orange juice if you like, bloody Mary's, etc. Often the Captain Club's host will be there, so you have time to make requests, maybe for a bridge tour. Less crowded than cocktails, a nice time to meet fellow cruisers. Enjoy your first cruise with this perk :)

Edited by Janet987

At the Elite breakfast (MDR deck 4 starboard) on our TA on Infinity in October, there was also fresh berries and smoked salmon.

I wish I had found it earlier, but my husband likes his cooked breakfast, but after 10 days, even he had had enough.

Yes, on the last cruise in September there were also meats, cheese and fruit.

The Elite Breakfast was initially envisioned as a social event and is formally called the "Captain's Club Coffee Break" it is held mornings on board in a lounge or specialty restaurant determined each cruise depending on the number of elite, and higher tier, Captain's Club members on board. There are complimentary basic espresso based coffees and several other complimentary beverages available including a few alcoholic beverages. A full breakfast is not served but a small, but nice, continental breakfast buffet is available there. You will receive a letter in your cabin on embarkation day listing all Captain's Club events for your level including this.

The other Captain's Club benefits for Elite members are listed on Celebrity's web site. You'll receive invitations or coupons for applicable benefits in your stateroom. Most consider the major benefits to be the Captain's Club Cocktail Hour (actually two hours with a limited menu of complimentary beverages), a coupon for a complimentary 90 minute internet package, and some coupons for a limited amount of complimentary or discounted laundry services. But there are other benefits and discounts as well that many cruisers enjoy.

Thanks!! I had knowledge about the internet and so on but no idea about the breakfast. Are there any more hidden surprises..? :D

I'm SO happy I turned Elite Before the policy change!!!

The best muffins and pastries on the ship can be found at breakfast time in Cafe al Bacio. The are leaps and bounds better than the other stuff. They will wrap up whatever you want so you can take it wherever you choose.

Café al Bacio has the best blueberry muffins. They open at 7:00am, and if you get there at 7:30, they will be all gone.