Breakfast in Blu or the Elite Lounge

BosoxI

Definitely Blu; the Elite Lounge is great to grab a bite and a specialty coffee or nice BM, but if you want a full breakfast the options and quality are vastly superior in Blu.

Edited by Gonzo70

Definitely Blu, some comments here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951246

But nothing stopping you from having breakfast in Blu and then returning to Elite for a cappuccino. I'm an early riser and will often have a full breakfast in Blu when it opens, with few others there, then go with DH later to the elite lounge for a coffee drink.

Definitely Blu; the Elite Lounge is great to grab a bite and a specialty coffee or nice BM, but if you want a full breakfast the options and quality are vastly superior in Blu.

Yikes! Way TMI! Oh, and please always include a courtesy flush when using the Elite Lounge lavatory.

The elite lounge has a small continental breakfast buffet. It generally has a few pastries, some mini bagels, fruit and yogurt. Sometimes there is toast or cereal and probably a few other items I'm not remembering. They do not have hot breakfast items. Blu would have a full selection of breakfast items, including hot breakfast items such as eggs and meats, and would have table service with waiters.

The Elite Lounge is a nice option when we're planning on having lunch at port and just want something light. But if we want a larger breakfast or a hot breakfast we normally eat in the buffet or have room service. Not had breakfast in Blu but will try it next cruise as we're booking in AQ.

Edited by Lsimon

I agree. Start out with a full breakfast in Blu and then repair to the lounge for a specialty coffee and an almond or chocolate croissant for dessert.

Brilliant and why not

Unless you're not in Aqua of course - realised the issue with my statement immediately

The elite lounge has a small continental breakfast buffet. It generally has a few pastries, some mini bagels, fruit and yogurt. Sometimes there is toast or cereal and probably a few other items I'm not remembering. They do not have hot breakfast items.

At the Elite breakfast (MDR deck 4 starboard) on our TA on Infinity in October, there was also fresh berries and smoked salmon.

I wish I had found it earlier, but my husband likes his cooked breakfast, but after 10 days, even he had had enough.

Edited by upwarduk

I'm with Jack and Happy cruiser. Go to both. DH likes the hot breakfast and I loved the table side Meusli in Blu, so we went there first and then next door to Tuscan for the Elite one. I thought it was much better than the Elite b'fast on Millennium.

My husband is an early riser so he is one of the folks who stops in to the Elite breakfast as I waking. Then we are off to Blu for one of their wonderful breakfasts. We have done four cruises in Aqua, and I always love the table-side museli. When I try to replicate it at home it just isn't as tasty. Must be something about that cart!

Yikes! Way TMI! Oh, and please always include a courtesy flush when using the Elite Lounge lavatory.

When I first saw that comment regarding BM, I thought what the heck. How does this kind of subject always end up at the dinner table?

I would hope I get a warm wash cloth from the valet when I am done.

Edited by scbntraveler

When I first saw that comment regarding BM, I thought what the heck. How does this kind of subject always end up at the dinner table?

I would hope I get a warm wash cloth from the valet when I am done.

Far more likely to have the subject of a nice BM at the breakfast table than dinner table, do people drink Bloody Mary's at dinner? I prefer wine, bourbon or occasionally a craft beer with dinner.

I think it depends on what you're looking for in breakfast... continental, then the Elite spread is great for you. If you like a full service sit down breakfast then you're better off in Blu.

We did Blu some mornings and other nights just the regular buffet upstairs (to get delicious eggs benedict :)).