This seems odd to me...

LDVinNC

Just yesterday we got the brochure for the 2015 World Voyages. I called today to inquire about the Queen Victoria World Cruise and was told that no balcony cabins are available. We could go on a waitlist, but are these trips so popular that over a year in advance they are sold out of balcony cabins for an 82 day trip? Just wondering.

Some people just can't get a break. Just last week you were complaining that you could not get the room you wanted on the Str. AMERICAN QUEEN, and now it's Cunard. It really seems strange that the balcony rooms for the 2015 World Cruise are already sold. I'd call Cunard again and emphasize you're interested in 2015 and not '14.

Wow. I didn't realize anyone was tracking my posts. Sort of scary. I did try to make it clear with Cunard that I was talking about 2015, but your suggestion to call back is a good one. I trust you saw that we are now waitlisted on the AQ.

For the QV 2014 world voyage, if you try to book starting in Ft Lauderdale, it will show sold out. If you try to book starting in Southampton, it shows openings. This has been this way for over a week. At least this is what shows on the US website.

Guess Cunard says either start in Southampton or don't start at all.

Don

Edited by Dcoy

Just yesterday we got the brochure for the 2015 World Voyages. I called today to inquire about the Queen Victoria World Cruise and was told that no balcony cabins are available. We could go on a waitlist, but are these trips so popular that over a year in advance they are sold out of balcony cabins for an 82 day trip? Just wondering.

What usually happens is that a lot of LARGE travel agencies will book blocks of rooms well in advance. As time starts to approach the cruise time(still months out)these agencies have to start releasing the rooms. I think you'll have no problem getting a stateroom. Just stay on the waiting list.

Wow. I didn't realize anyone was tracking my posts. Sort of scary. I did try to make it clear with Cunard that I was talking about 2015, but your suggestion to call back is a good one. I trust you saw that we are now waitlisted on the AQ.

Nothing truly scary about it. After all, you are telling anyone whom will read it about your affairs, but then again, scariness might be experienced by some. Even though I have been on more than 100 cruises on over 10 different cruise lines, including Cunard and American Queen Steamboat Co, those are the only two boards I religiously read. I can assure you that if you post a similar complaint on the Costa or Carnival boards I won't be the one to notice it.

Edited by Calliope

We had to circumvent the system a little to get the cabin we wanted.

Were you looking for a specific cabin number?

I was speaking recently to a passenger couple who will only book if they can have the same cabin as on all their other cruises. The one next door just won't do.

David.

Nothing truly scary about it. After all, you are telling anyone whom will read it about your affairs, but then again, scariness might be experienced by some. Even though I have been on more than 100 cruises on over 10 different cruise lines, including Cunard and American Queen Steamboat Co, those are the only two boards I religiously read. I can assure you that if you post a similar complaint on the Costa or Carnival boards I won't be the one to notice it.

This seems to be a bit sharp. the original post was a question that I didn't read as a big complaint.

This seems to be a bit sharp. the original post was a question that I didn't read as a big complaint.

I suggest that you read the OP's post about the American Queen Steamboat Co. if you want, "sharp". Taking that company to task because there were no rooms available in the category that the OP wanted was uncalled for.

Were you looking for a specific cabin number?

I was speaking recently to a passenger couple who will only book if they can have the same cabin as on all their other cruises. The one next door just won't do.

David.

We DO like a specific cabin but are happy with a couple of others. None of them had been released.